ADVERTISEMENT

Reflections after week #1

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Okay, I know it was VMI, but here are a few thoughts.

1.. We have some depth on the OL. Rotating 6-7 guys we didn't seem to miss a beat.
2. QB. We have no controversy for sure but having AT is the best 1-2 punch we have had since Cato and Fron
3. Defense is small but effective in all areas.
4.Special teams are solid, IMO better than last year.

Last edited:
i think we have the best team we have had in since pennington moss. we a lot of game breakers on offense everyone of the receivers and king can take it the distance on any play. herd offense returns.

we will find out what we have Friday night.

Reactions: Herd1972
i think we have the best team we have had in since pennington moss. we a lot of game breakers on offense everyone of the receivers and king can take it the distance on any play. herd offense returns.

we will find out what we have Friday night.

You think this team is better than Cato's 2014 squad?

Reactions: pdbailey
I definitely think it’s too early to tell what kind of team we will be this year and especially comparing them to some of our great teams after playing a game against a terrible opponent but I did like what I saw in several spots last night. Looking forward to Friday to see how we do against Boise, but I like our chances!

VMI was not a good team for us to rant and rave how good we are and better than this or that past team/s. IMO we will have a much better measurement this Friday when we play on the Smurf Turf at Boise. We beat them solid than hell yeah we should have a great season.

Why do you think Marshall was so slow on offense in the 1st half? Just OL struggles or maybe keeping it vanilla against a lesser opponent? They were a lot slower in the 1st half then got the pace going a bit in 2nd half of the blowout. Wondering if we're slowing it down this year...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT