ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rod

Jartard

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 29, 2019
We gotta take a SERIOUS look at this guy. Has he had personal issues in the past, yes he has! Can he coach, yes he can. He’s been a successful head coach at many different levels, has connections to quality coordinators and position coaches. We would get publicity from Pat McAfee for bringing him on. The guy HATES losing. The only people not for it are the closeted WVU fans. We can’t do anymore experimental hires. We need a proven track record. How many coaches from Marshall have ever won a New Year’s Day bowl, or better?

100%.

- He is the best candidate available.
- He would make all the Spamites' heads explode with jealousy.
- He apparently needs the money, he made some dumb investments. Apparently involved in that discount store scam that Donnan beat the rap on.
- The national media (could not care less about McAfee, he is a POS) would notice.

This book, I recommend:

Three and Out. By John U. Bacon.

It is the story of the culture clash between RR and the Michigan and Big 10 way of doing things. Let's just say that none of the problems he had up there, would happen here. He wasn't a good fit for an AAU level school.

Dude is coaching at Jacksonville State. A school that 9 out of 10 people don't know which state it is in (hint it isn't Florida). A school that is kidding itself by being even in CUSA (9.5K students, 12 fans, 24K (doesn't need half that) seat stadium, I-AA or D2 level facilities). It is a step up, big time, for a guy that is in his late-mid 50s, the 100% right move.

Do it.

He's making $1 million a year plus a possible $195,000 bonus where he is now. Why would he want to come here? He wants to be successful at Jacksonville State and then move on to a more lucrative coaching job at an SEC or BIG 10 school. Just like what he did to his alma mater, he'll leave you in a heartbeat for more money and a better head coaching position. Considering that, what do you think he'd do here?

He's making $1 million a year plus a possible $195,000 bonus where he is now. Why would he want to come here? He wants to be successful at Jacksonville State and then move on to a more lucrative coaching job at an SEC or BIG 10 school. Just like what he did to his alma mater, he'll leave you in a heartbeat for more money and a better head coaching position. Considering that, what do you think he'd do here?

I’d LOVE to have a coach here that could EARN a better job elsewhere.

I’d LOVE to have a coach here that could EARN a better job elsewhere.
Yeah, no shit Dick Tracy. I would love that too! 100%. But how is Rich Rod ever coming here? He makes A LOT more money where he is now and lives an easy life in Florida. He's biding his time until he gets a head coaching offer from a Big 10 or SEC school. He has no loyalty whatsoever. He wasn't loyal to the school that he played for nor for the school that he coached for. He is a mercenary. Huff wants a Big 10 or SEC job just like Rich Rod wanted that Michigan job. No loyalty whatsoever.

Last edited:
Yeah, no shit Dick Tracy. I would love that too! 100%. But how is Rich Rod ever coming here? He makes A LOT more money where he is now and lives an easy life in Florida. He's biding his time until he gets a head coaching offer from a Big 10 or SEC school. He has no loyalty whatsoever. He wasn't loyal to the school that he played for nor for the school that he coached for. He is a mercenary. Huff wants a Big 10 or SEC job just like Rich Rod wanted that Michigan job. No loyalty whatsoever.
Everyone wants a better job, nothing wrong with EARNING that. Hell, talk about commitment. You are telling me that Rich Rod lives in Florida, and his work is in Alabama. That drive would be quite a commitment. 🤣

Artis Gilmore, Rex Morgan and Pembrook Burrows say hello.

My mistake. I didn’t realize Jacksonville State was in Alabama. I assumed it was in Jacksonville, Fla. I still don’t know why you think he would prefer to coach at Marshall rather than Jacksonville St unless Marshall could come up with a bigger salary than what he’s earning now. Rodriguez is earning 1 million a year, Huff 755k a year.

Hell, talk about commitment. You are telling me that Rich Rod lives in Florida, and his work is in Alabama. That drive would be quite a commitment. 🤣
Not really. The majority of the southern Alabama border is Florida. So it wouldn't be much of a commitment depending on where in Alabama the person worked.

Jacksonville, AL.

A 500+ mile daily commute would be quite a commitment. You know, simple geography...
The person I quoted didn’t say “Jacksonville.” He just said “Alabama,” showing that he really didn’t know that the majority of the Alabama southern border was Florida.

Reading. Try it.

The person I quoted didn’t say “Jacksonville.” He just said “Alabama,” showing that he really didn’t know that the majority of the Alabama southern border was Florida.

Reading. Try it.
Who didn’t know? I’ve lived there. Jump to more unfounded conclusions.

Reactions: KyMUfan

Reading. Try it.

Again take your own advice. The joke (which since you have no since of humor) was about Rich Rod living in FL and working in AL. You took it literally (because you have no since of humor) and pontificate about it.

I simply said if Rich Rod did live in FL it would be a daily 500+ mile commute.

Lighten up. This place might help...

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
Reading. Try it.

Again take your own advice. See below.

The person I quoted didn’t say “Jacksonville.”

No but he did specifically say Rich Rod. See below.

You are telling me that Rich Rod lives in Florida, and his work is in Alabama.

And where does Rich Rod work? See below.

Richard Alan Rodriguez (/rɒd.ˈriː.ɡjɛz/; born May 24, 1963), also known as Rich Rod, is an American college football coach and former player. He is the head football coach at Jacksonville State University, a position he has held since the 2022 season.

And what does that make you? See below.

bb0d6043-1941-485a-81e3-051ee50a3e77

Yet again...

Reactions: 19MU88
Who didn’t know? M
In that case, be a better writer. Many people, due to property tax differences and Florida having no state income tax, work/live in Alabama and do the opposite in Florida. So your comment about Alabama and Florida doesn’t make sense, since many people do that commute. You needed to specify Jacksonville.

The comment wasn’t to you. Do you understand how the quote function on here works? Probably not, considering you don’t know the difference between “sense” and “since.”

(which since you have no since of humor)
Nope.

(because you have no since of humor)
Still nope.

If any of you have middle school children or advanced elementary school children, please provide KY with their contact info so they can tutor him.

You have no idea where Jacksonville st is do you? It’s nowhere close to south Alabama. It’s 45 min from Birmingham right off of I20 in the Oxford Anniston area
Pediatric body rubber, I coached at that level for three years. I know exactly where it is, as it was a power at that level for many years.

The problem is that Jartard made a comment saying that it would be ridiculous (“quite a commitment”) for somebody to commute from Florida to Alabama. No, it wouldn’t be quite a commitment, as many people do that daily. Hence, why he should have said “Florida to Jacksonville, Alabama,” because “Florida to Alabama” is a normal commute for many.

In that case, be a better writer. Many people, due to property tax differences and Florida having no state income tax, work/live in Alabama and do the opposite in Florida. So your comment about Alabama and Florida doesn’t make sense, since many people do that commute. You needed to specify Jacksonville.

The comment wasn’t to you. Do you understand how the quote function on here works? Probably not, considering you don’t know the difference between “sense” and “since.”

Nope.

Still nope.

If any of you have middle school children or advanced elementary school children, please provide KY with their contact info so they can tutor him.

Pediatric body rubber, I coached at that level for three years. I know exactly where it is, as it was a power at that level for many years.

The problem is that Jartard made a comment saying that it would be ridiculous (“quite a commitment”) for somebody to commute from Florida to Alabama. No, it wouldn’t be quite a commitment, as many people do that daily. Hence, why he should have said “Florida to Jacksonville, Alabama,” because “Florida to Alabama” is a normal commute for many
Rich Rod works at Jacksonville State. It was implied by another poster, who was wrong, that he was living in Florida and working in Alabama(implying Jacksonville State). I’ll just dumb it down for you and say that no real clarification was needed there.

Reading. Try it.

.The comment wasn’t to you. Do you understand how the quote function on here works? Probably not, considering you don’t know the difference between “sense” and “since.”

Hmmm... it was in direct response to this...

Sense you keep falling for the bait I'll keep casting the line. This is getting more fun by the minute.

Are we up to 4,200% now??? Keeping track is getting a little above my hillbilly cipherin' skills...

Rich Rod works at Jacksonville State. It was implied by another poster, who was wrong, that he was living in Florida and working in Alabama(implying Jacksonville State). I’ll just dumb it down for you and say that no real clarification was needed there.

It was lost on him sense you displayed a since of humor in this thread... 👍😂

• Haha

I think the other poster actually was thinking Jacksonville St was in Jacksonville FL and not Jacksonville AL.

BTW I'm surprised none of the resident wokesters have protested the names Jacksonville AL and FL. Do they not know who both cities were named for???

I would rather lose 9 games a year and be proud of my school than hire RR. I would never attend a game and never donate a penny. I believe much more than 60% of alumni would agree with me. Where is your head????

• Sad
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I would rather lose 9 games a year and be proud of my school than hire RR. I would never attend a game and never donate a penny. I believe much more than 60% of alumni would agree with me. Where is your head????
Winning cures everything... Would I be thrilled if we hired RR? No... But if he turned this dumpster fire around and got the program to consistent success people would jump on board fast.

And if you think 60 percent of the alumni would agree with you, you are out of touch.

Winning cures everything... Would I be thrilled if we hired RR? No... But if he turned this dumpster fire around and got the program to consistent success people would jump on board fast.

And if you think 60 percent of the alumni would agree with you, you are out of touch.
If you think for one minute Marshall would ever consider RR YOU are out of touch.

• Sad
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
If you think for one minute Marshall would ever consider RR YOU are out of touch.
Im telling you right now, if Huff were gone tomorrow, and RR's agent showed interest in the position it would be considered... Im not advocating for hiring the guy, I certainly wouldn't, but you are being naive if you think he wouldn't get a call back.

We overlooked WVU connections for Doc... We have overlooked "character issues" in the past, be that with players, coaches, etc... Dont be foolish.

Reading. Try it.
Well the conversation was about Jacksonville State and Rich Rod.

Now , what is Rich Rods reputation amongst coaching circles and around the business,?

RR's salary requirements make this whole discussion moot.
I keep telling people this but they still think if we offer Rich Rod the head coaching position here he would gladly accept. He is making $1 million a year at Jacksonville State and they still owe him $4,066,667 which is what he would lose if he broke his contract. He doesn't want to come here and even if he did we could not afford him. And why would you want him knowing the way he left wvu and Arizona? He is as shady as they come. Might as well hire Art Briles.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
I keep telling people this but they still think if we offer Rich Rod the head coaching position here he would gladly accept. He is making $1 million a year at Jacksonville State and they still owe him $4,066,667 which is what he would lose if he broke his contract. He doesn't want to come here and even if he did we could not afford him. And why would you want him knowing the way he left wvu and Arizona? He is as shady as they come. Might as well hire Art Briles.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/coach
It's still not clear why he left Arizona. I'm not advocating for him or defending him but I am also careful not to accept at face value what we sometimes read in the media. It seems there are often two sides to every story and sometimes those making the complaint have an agenda. Again, not saying that's the case but I wouldn't assume anything in these situations.

He admitted to having an affair but it wasn't with someone at the university. The complaint at the university was essentially that he was sexist and that the assistant (who filed the complaint) felt like she had to walk on eggshells. She demanded money and her complaint came on the heels of other high-profile harassment allegations in athletics and at Arizona which I am sure became a factor.

Most importantly, Arizona was struggling on the field which meant Arizona saw an out by terminating "with cause".

Im telling you right now, if Huff were gone tomorrow, and RR's agent showed interest in the position it would be considered... Im not advocating for hiring the guy, I certainly wouldn't, but you are being naive if you think he wouldn't get a call back.

We overlooked WVU connections for Doc... We have overlooked "character issues" in the past, be that with players, coaches, etc... Dont be foolish.
You have the nerve to compare RR to Doc??? Perhaps you may want to elaborate on the “character issues “ overlooked in the past.…. and pray you’re not referring to Randy Moss. That would be beneath you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT