ADVERTISEMENT

Can We Stop Copying?

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Usually, the face of a university is a star athlete, a successful coach, or even a celebrity alum. I have no problem if Bradley wants to continue trying to be the face, but can we at least get a marketing/PR person to work with him?

He keeps throwing up the hook ‘em horns sign in many of his pictures. Stop. I get that our mascot is a Buffalo, but how desperate do we have to be to copy the most popular college sports hand signal in the country?

My new, short-term goal, is to get a hook’em horns picture with Brad Smith. Will probably get it the next time I see him in our suite or when I’m handing him another big, fat check…or possibly the next time he interrupts me while I’m guest lecturing a class at Marshall. Either way, after the pic, I will find out if he has added you on Facebook yet, rifle.

As an aside, wtf is wrong with that dude's tie in the first pic? You'd have to try to fvck up and get it that short, making me think it's intentional?

This genuine aversion towards Brad Smith stems from authentic, organic dislike. What's the backstory behind this?

Seriously Brad has done more for Marshall in a few years than anyone in the history of the university. I graduated in 1984 and in my 4 years there I saw the university President one time walking across campus. Brad is a rock star folks. He has connections in Silicon Valley and is using those to advance Marshall forward.He donated money for a new building which bears his name. He is instrumental in the new Security building/program coming. He regularly brings in people from the corporate world to speak I mean what else can he do? I don't care if he has a hook em horns sign or a peace sign or whatever he gets stuff done. As an alumnus of Marshall, (class of 1984, BBA in Finance) I am thankful for everything he has done, is doing and will accomplish at Marshall.

Reactions: Jartard
Seriously Brad has done more for Marshall in a few years than anyone in the history of the university. I graduated in 1984 and in my 4 years there I saw the university President one time walking across campus. Brad is a rock star folks. He has connections in Silicon Valley and is using those to advance Marshall forward.He donated money for a new building which bears his name. He is instrumental in the new Security building/program coming. He regularly brings in people from the corporate world to speak I mean what else can he do? I don't care if he has a hook em horns sign or a peace sign or whatever he gets stuff done. As an alumnus of Marshall, (class of 1984, BBA in Finance) I am thankful for everything he has done, is doing and will accomplish at Marshall.
But his wife puts their homes on Instagram 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: WVUSerg
You got any buildings with your name on them? Cause, you know, rich.
I have a $4MM+ business park with my name on it, but I am not ego motivated enough to literally put my name on it with a sign or anything like that.

Because they couldn't verify his millions of dollars of income, and he only got a $25 refund. Nothing in the way of a state refund.
My tax refund was nearly $27k this year.

Still less than your hotel room photos
That's believable, because I do spend a ton of nights at luxurious hotels around the world.

My tax refund was nearly $27k this year.
damn, one week in from the filing season opening and a man with so many companies already knows his tax status. damn, that's some impressive accounting and tax work.

you said "was", so you already have it? even more impressive. that'd tell me you know whomever issues the refunds at the IRS as you'd be the first, and only, person to receive a refund at this point . . . unless you took one of those rapid refund loans.

on the flip side, maybe you need a new accountant, no way in hell i'd allow the govt to hold $27K interest free. as good as you are at investing and doubling/tripling, even quadrupling your money, that $27K could be worth over $100K by now. fvck the govt, pay the penalty, grow your money. the growth will far outweigh the penalty.

Last edited:
…or possibly the next time he interrupts me while I’m guest lecturing a class at Marshall
The students must love learning about how Earth is only 6000 years old and how your house is one of the three most expensive, biggest, and nicest.

The students must love learning about how Earth is only 6000 years old and how your house is one of the three most expensive, biggest, and nicest.

Yep. And I also indoctrinate them with conservative politics, economics, and other various viewpoints.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Yep. And I also indoctrinate them with conservative politics, economics, and other various viewpoints.
In that case, let’s hope there are no blacks, gays, foreigners, or immigrants in those classes. You’re setting Marshall up for significant liability.

In that case, let’s hope there are no blacks, gays, foreigners, or immigrants in those classes. You’re setting Marshall up for significant liability.

He's covering the bases by having them read Basic Economics, Zero to One, and Elon (counts as both a foreigner and African American ) tweets.

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully it's more diverse than where you buy "properties"
You already failed with your last attempt at this. Your own post showed some of them having more diversity than the national average.

I heard the minorities tend to have a good sense of humor, so I usually start with a joke for an icebreaker. Here’s an example of one that you can definitely relate to:

Q: What’s one “N-word” you never want to call a black person?

A: Neighbor

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
I heard the minorities tend to have a good sense of humor, so I usually start with a joke for an icebreaker. Here’s an example of one that you can definitely relate to:

Q: What’s one “N-word” you never want to call a black person?

A: Neighbor
Welp, once I send this to my new Facebook friend Bradley, Big Country can forget about any other guest lectures on campus.

He's still doing it. The poor kid next to him realizes how stupid it is and decided to throw out the peace sign instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT