ADVERTISEMENT

rifle...

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Being that you said you had 500 large in one account and on another thread you said you had made between Luke Fickell and Hugh Freeze money, I have a proposal for you.

With the NIL deal going on, you go find us a qb and possible a receiver. Maybe just one like 82 for Coastal would do. We don't need Moss or even Darius Watts, but we need one that can catch and stretch the field.

Now here is the kicker, you are an illustrious QB coach. As part of the deal, you get to find the qb and coach them.

Just think, you could go get them, pay for them, coach them. When they light it up, you would be on ESPN, the Pat Mcafee show, and would probably get an executive car from Dutch Miller Chevrolet.

Think about it. Think about this. Dual sport athlete then legendary coach who gets us a QB who leads us to the Promise Land. That puts you up there with Coach Pruett.

Hell, maybe you just coach Chad's boy up and bring some new ideas to the table for him. You know stuff his dad doesn't know. It is hard to coach your own kids. It would probably be a relief for him and the pressure would be off. Free his mind up. Maybe Snoop Dogg has some more kids out there that can play D1 ball and with your connections you can get them our own way.

Colorado has Prime Time. We have the Corning Cracker. Think about how you could be treated in Huntington. I can tell coaching is still your calling.

Oh, were those pleated pants that North Texas gave the coaches?

This post is art, strong work here.

"Dutch Miller Chevrolet"

"The Corning Cracker"

If the Corning Cracker is too much we can just stick with Northern Appalachia's beautiful mind.

Last edited:

"Dutch Miller Chevrolet"

"The Corning Cracker"

If the Corning Cracker is too much we can just stick with Northern Appalachian's beautiful mind.
I don't know, Doc. I'm really liking the "Corning Cracker" moniker.

Reactions: Jartard

"Dutch Miller Chevrolet"

"The Corning Cracker"

If the Corning Cracker is too much we can just stick with Northern Appalachian's beautiful mind.
I found myself more partial to the pleated pants. Those are still a thing in certain parts of Southern WV and Eastern KY. Eastern KY is just down the street from Southern WV, you know.

Most would be surprised at your $482k in your checking account. I maintained about $50-$55k in mine for years, just for emergency reasons, but moved my 401k into my checking account three years ago, so my balance is similar to yours, now that I paid the taxes on it. Unlike you, I only have maybe another couple hundred thousand in another account, and maybe $400,000 in physical assets, but chances are good my money will outlive my liver, due to still living the lifestyle I grew up with, one of being dirt poor and appreciated of finding a dime under the couch cushion.

Get some of that into high interest savings account.
The big amounts are. One is with UFB Direct. They were paying out 5%+, but I’ve noticed it appears to be reducing each month in interest pay even though more is added into the account.

The biggest amount is in, what I was told by a business partner who is far wealthier, an invite-only situation.

2,900%...
You keep using that number, and I have no idea what it means.

Most would be surprised at your $482k in your checking account. I maintained about $50-$55k in mine for years, just for emergency reasons, but moved my 401k into my checking account three years ago, so my balance is similar to yours, now that I paid the taxes on it. Unlike you, I only have maybe another couple hundred thousand in another account, and maybe $400,000 in physical assets, but chances are good my money will outlive my liver, due to still living the lifestyle I grew up with, one of being dirt poor and appreciated of finding a dime under the couch cushion.
Some days, I’d rather trade it all for a $2000 monthly SSI payment for the rest of my life and an all glass house in the middle of the woods.

Are you sure???

And not surprising...
How much the stock has dropped since we were acquired? Doesn’t impact me. Only the two biggest partners had some of theirs in stock. Mine and the three others were all cash with an escrow to hold and release it every X months. I can’t take responsibility for new execs driving it into the ground (which isn’t the case at all, as they still operate as two individual companies).

They’re good guys and I hope it works out for them, but even the amount they got in cash was more than me. They are each worth tens of millions regardless of the stock price. They’ll be fine.

How much the stock has dropped since we were acquired? Doesn’t impact me. Only the two biggest partners had some of theirs in stock. Mine and the three others were all cash with an escrow to hold and release it every X months. I can’t take responsibility for new execs driving it into the ground (which isn’t the case at all, as they still operate as two individual companies).

They’re good guys and I hope it works out for them, but even the amount they got in cash was more than me. They are each worth tens of millions regardless of the stock price. They’ll be fine.

Nope...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT