ADVERTISEMENT

Rifle - Cuba

-CarlHungus-

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
We had dinner tonight with some new friends that just got back from Cuba.

They did everything via

Had a great time. They said tour guides and people across the island really appreciate US cash and any extra toiletries or medicines you can bring. Said bring lots of US cash is you can.
They didn’t do the lounge around resort thing though - lots of tours and musical /dance performances.

You may know this already but thought I’d share.

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I have done the tour thing before when it comes to certain expeditions, but they aren't for me. I know they are right for some people, but I don't like schedules and like to go at my own pace when I want to do things . . . or not do things. The expeditions are fun, but it's the same thing for every group every week every year, and I like to do/see things different than what every other tourist does.

The hotel where I am staying has what people claim is the best restaurant in Havana. Trip Advisor has it ranked #4 out of 750 Havana restaurants, but that's only because it doesn't have enough reviews yet. Out of 40 reviews, 38 reviews are at the highest level and the other two are the next level below that. I am not a foodie, so having easy access to good breakfasts and dinners, while only having to worry about lunch when I am out-and-about, is ideal for me.

The hotel uses a credit card processor in the Netherlands, so I can use my cards there. They also will exchange money at the hotel and beat any published rate in the city. I am only there for 2.5 days, so they have arranged for a 24 hour driver for me.

I wish their professional baseball league was taking place, but they don't start until November. The Nippon Baseball League in Japan is insane, so I would like to see what Cuba's league is like.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT