ADVERTISEMENT

Running game...

fwiw South Carolina rushed for a mind-popping 31yards against NC State.....good lord, they must be HORRIBLE this year :rolleyes:

Reactions: 19MU88
Appreciate all your insight, Josh. No doubt the Herd could've played better Saturday, but they didn't play all that bad, either. If they play like that again this weekend, they'll kill KSU, and be set up to grab the W at Cincy.

As Toes mentioned above, South Carolina rushed for only 31 yards against NC State. They came back and rushed for 172 vs Missouri this week. Marshall squeezed out 101 without our most experienced OL (Dowrey leads the team in career starts). I think it was a good showing, and I can see things getting better as the season progresses. Personally, I would like to see us evenly sprinkle in Rodriquez, Anderson, and Keion (King when healthy) - nice change of pace to keep the defense off balance. Rodriquez obviously emerged from camp as the #1 guy but so far in the games he hasn't looked the part of a clear-cut favorite.

I know. I'm just saying that it's unfair to discredit the overall numbers because of one play.
No, my point was really that if you take away that big run, and we were just as inept in the running game as last week. So in my opinion, either the running back (Rodriguez) isn't what he's portrayed to be, our o-line isn't run-blocking worth a diddly, or we played two teams who were particularly good at stopping the run. I'll reserve judgment until after the Kent game as I realize both the Miami and NCST front seven were veteran units (Not that my opinion means a squirt in the grand scheme of things).

No, my point was really that if you take away that big run, and we were just as inept in the running game as last week. So in my opinion, either the running back (Rodriguez) isn't what he's portrayed to be, our o-line isn't run-blocking worth a diddly, or we played two teams who were particularly good at stopping the run. I'll reserve judgment until after the Kent game as I realize both the Miami and NCST front seven were veteran units (Not that my opinion means a squirt in the grand scheme of things).

NCSU's defense finished 8th in the country last season in rush defense and Miami's defensive interior is as big as we'll see all season long. Both of those teams are very capable at stopping the run.

With that said, I think Trey Rod has struggled early on for whatever reason.

NCSU's defense finished 8th in the country last season in rush defense and Miami's defensive interior is as big as we'll see all season long. Both of those teams are very capable at stopping the run.

With that said, I think Trey Rod has struggled early on for whatever reason.
Correct. No way we see a defense this year, especially in CUSA as good as NC State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT