ADVERTISEMENT

Schumer

Calling for new elections in Israel in hopes of ousting netenyahu.

Should us senators really be calling for new elections in allied countries? And right when israel is on the verge of snuffing out Hamas too.
Bibi should tell Chuck to coitus himself

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxHerd

Should us senators really be calling for new elections in allied countries? And right when israel is on the verge of snuffing out Hamas too.

Regardless of who the Israeli PM is they are going to **** Hamas up(left wing, right wing, moderate). Dems are just kissing ass of their left wing base and have to kiss the ass of the Muslims. The only way this stops is for Israel to destroy Hamas and if that takes leveling Gaza so be it. These police action wars don't work. The USA is never going to learn that lesson. You beat the enemy until they submit.

Not sure why some in the USA don't get it. Hamas killed 1600 Israelis. Raped women, cut babies heads off, etc. What would we do? Well, maybe I shouldn't ask that. But, I would hope we would scorch Earth somewhere. That was the problem after 9-11, we should have scorched earths somewhere. Instead we ****ed around for 20 years.

aighht-then-mm-hmmm.gif

Should us senators really be calling for new elections in allied countries?
As a Jew, he's got skin in the game.

And as a Senator representing a shitload of Jews, many with dual citizenship, he's got even more skin in the game.

I agree with the totality of his argument, this was not a simple statement of condemnation. A two state solution is the only hope for peace....and make no mistake, it's only a hope, this shit could go on forever. Bibi is beholden to Israeli right-wing interests that do not support a two state solution, that is his current coalition (remember, this is a parliamentary system). He also said Hamas has to go, and Abbas of the PA has to go.

He also said that he has no doubt Bibi's highest priority is the security of Israel. I also agree with this, while agreeing he is not the man to move the region past this conflict. Which from what I understand has been much of the talk in Israel anyways...and the Arab world at large, a two-state soultion is not possible without their support, both politically and financially.

Snuffing out Hamas? What are you smoking?
That is pretty much accepted in Israel across their party or political beliefs. They are going to kill everyone of Hamas if they can and they are going to hunt them down across the world to do it. The war is pretty well accepted in Israel. Left wing, right wing, middle wing. They want to kill Hamas.

Not sure what the US is smoking here. Hell, we have no strategic interest in Gaza.

Not sure what the US is smoking here. Hell, we have no strategic interest in Gaza.
We have strategic interests in the security of Israel.

This is why the Trump Administration worked hard to normalize relations between Israel and the Arab world. I applaud them for that.

It's also why Trump is dumb to say the Hamas attack would not have happened if he were President....that was absolutely blowback from Iran via its proxies over the prospect of that normalization. Nothing worries Iran more than Israel united with the Arab world...well, other than the USA wiping them off the face of the Earth. Come on Trump, just say you helped out Iran's balls in a vice.

We have strategic interests in the security of Israel.

This is why the Trump Administration worked hard to normalize relations between Israel and the Arab world. I applaud them for that.

It's also why Trump is dumb to say the Hamas attack would not have happened if he were President....that was absolutely blowback from Iran via its proxies over the prospect of that normalization. Nothing worries Iran more than Israel united with the Arab world...well, other than the USA wiping them off the face of the Earth. Come on Trump, just say you helped out Iran's balls in a vice.
Hamas is not one Iran's primary proxies. Nobody really likes the Palestinians, including Iran. They are different sects of the religion. But, they all don't like Jews.

Schumers comments are just pandering comments to pander to the left of his party here. Nothing more than that.

Well, we know what type of voting machines Israel is about to get.

Hamas is not one Iran's primary proxies. Nobody really likes the Palestinians, including Iran. They are different sects of the religion. But, they all don't like Jews.
I would say this is it. This is a major attack on Israel and also has a bigger picture. Iran is involved and trying to start a regional conflict or larger. They want to stop any peace process that was happening.
You literally agreed with me mere months ago. Now you don't?

And I'm gonna leave this here....

1280px-Hamas_leader_Ismail_Haniyeh_meeting_Iranian_Supreme_Leader_Ali_Khamenei.jpg

The ousting of Bibi has little to do with the war and more to do with his conservative policy stance on reducing the power of Israel's left leaning courts over their govt officials. This makes Chuck's decision to support getting Ben out of office much less surprising. Bibi's has long been viewed "conservative". Of course our left leaning Senator is going to want him out.

As a Jew, he's got skin in the game.

And as a Senator representing a shitload of Jews, many with dual citizenship, he's got even more skin in the game.

I agree with the totality of his argument, this was not a simple statement of condemnation. A two state solution is the only hope for peace....and make no mistake, it's only a hope, this shit could go on forever. Bibi is beholden to Israeli right-wing interests that do not support a two state solution, that is his current coalition (remember, this is a parliamentary system). He also said Hamas has to go, and Abbas of the PA has to go.

He also said that he has no doubt Bibi's highest priority is the security of Israel. I also agree with this, while agreeing he is not the man to move the region past this conflict. Which from what I understand has been much of the talk in Israel anyways...and the Arab world at large, a two-state soultion is not possible without their support, both politically and financially.
How many times has a two state solution been offered and who has rejected it every single time? Quit gaslighting.

Schumer probably knows (absolutely knows) that Bibi’s coalition is cracking anyway and wants leftist brownie points for “helping get him out.”

Bibi is beholden to Israeli right-wing interests that do not support a two state solution

Have you even seen how the polling numbers have been moving over the last 20 years amongst the Palestinians?

You literally agreed with me mere months ago. Now you don't?

And I'm gonna leave this here....

1280px-Hamas_leader_Ismail_Haniyeh_meeting_Iranian_Supreme_Leader_Ali_Khamenei.jpg
No Hamas is not even close to Iran's primary proxy. Difference Shia and Sunni muslim. Difference between Arab and Persian. Now I do agree they both hate Jews. Hezbollah is by far a bigger proxy and far more capable than Hamas. What I am saying is Iran hates the Palestinians but they both hate Jews

No though I would wager they keep moving away from “trust our overlords who have killed several of my family members” for some reason.

The same overlords that won't consider a two-state solution???

The same overlords that won't consider a two-state solution???
You know how bad people are at assigning blame at the correct group for their misfortunes. Little Muhammad doesn’t know or particularly care about the geopolitical history of the region, or some negotiations that fell through decades before he was born. He just knows that a missile came and killed his mom and uncle and dog. And that Israel fired that missile.

Right or fair? No, but it’s how people are and it’s one thing driving radicalism.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
You know how bad people are at assigning blame at the correct group for their misfortunes. Little Muhammad doesn’t know or particularly care about the geopolitical history of the region, or some negotiations that fell through decades before he was born. He just knows that a missile came and killed his mom and uncle and dog. And that Israel fired that missile.

Right or fair? No, but it’s how people are and it’s one thing driving radicalism.

Hmmm....

Like these???

Obama's take on them then...

Obama the warmonger...

Reactions: mlblack16.

ELECTION INTERFERENCE

It's the demonratz so no surprise there.

Reactions: raleighherdfan

Complicated history does not matter when it becomes personal.

Yes US foreign policy since, like, the 1970s has caused a lot of middle Easterners to rightfully ****ing hate us. That definitely included Dronebama.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Dude...I'm giving Trump props here. This is one of the few things he did that I support. But the blowback should be expected, that's what Iran does when it feels threatened.

I know you were though somewhat backhanded. Biden has emboldened, and enriched, Iran leading to much of what is going on.

Iran respects strength and Biden, nor his administration, demonstrates it. I believe it wouldn't have been at the same point had Trump served a 2nd (consecutive) term.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Yes US foreign policy since, like, the 1970s has caused a lot of middle Easterners to rightfully ****ing hate us. That definitely included Dronebama.

I'm not a blame America first adherent. Their leaders' policies have created much, if not most, of the problems in the ME.

main-qimg-163f83d9fcffa818ad6642e691412f67-lq

I know you were though somewhat backhanded.
I'm only backhanded in that he's lying if he says this would not have happened under his administration, because I see the blowback as inevitable....it's not like we don't have several decades of experience in how Iran does stuff, and it's usually through proxies and distant enough they can claim they had nothing to do with it.

The Persian blowback is the price to pay for progress in the region. I'm fine if the Arabs and Persians want to kill each other; Israel however is important to security our interests as an ally, and normalization of Arab-Israeli relations is incredibly important to the long-term security of Israel.

Complicated history does not matter when it becomes personal.
Sort of Iran is behind it. They actually don't like Hamas nor Palestinians. If they wanted to mess with Israel Hezbollah is a much better and bigger and much better option.

Muslims being Muslims, especially hard-liners, would be my guess. What is yours?
An Iranian Prime Minister wanted to audit a British petro company’s books to make sure they were paying what they were supposed to for drilling in Iran. Britain and the US took exception to this and supported the overthrowing of that government and installation of an unpopular Shah who would play ball with the drilling. Iranians got Big Mad over this and supported whoever would get them out from under the western thumb, which turned out to be a way worse group than had been in power before. Iran is one of the west’s largest 20th century political failures.

An Iranian Prime Minister wanted to audit a British petro company’s books to make sure they were paying what they were supposed to for drilling in Iran. Britain and the US took exception to this and supported the overthrowing of that government and installation of an unpopular Shah who would play ball with the drilling. Iranians got Big Mad over this and supported whoever would get them out from under the western thumb, which turned out to be a way worse group than had been in power before. Iran is one of the west’s largest 20th century political failures.

Hmmm... Are you therefore saying it is economic instead of ideologic?

An economic situation opened the door for an ideologic movement to swoop in and take over.

Sooo... there were almost 30 years of time that passed between the situation that you referred to and the Shah's overthrow, during which time Iran had unprecedented economic growth for most any nation.

Sooo... there were almost 30 years of time that passed between the situation that you referred to and the Shah's overthrow, during which time Iran had unprecedented economic growth for most any nation.
That’s cool how did it work out in the end?

A lot of people are going to pick self determination over economic growth.

I also would be interested to see who benefitted most from that growth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT