ADVERTISEMENT

Score 28 and lose

herdfan2413

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2010
i have a feeling that ODU will score at least 28 points, With our defense back play of late. I don’t see us matching that based on our recent offense execution.

i have a feeling that ODU will score at least 28 points, With our defense back play of late. I don’t see us matching that based on our recent offense execution.
They struggle on defense and are much worse defensively than we were in 2012. If we run the ball well in the game it will take pressure off of Thomson, and will also keep ODU's offense off the field and keep our defense fresh. I could see us running the ball two-thirds of the time if we do it effectively and that would likely lead to a victory as we have guys on defense that can make plays.

They struggle on defense and are much worse defensively than we were in 2012. If we run the ball well in the game it will take pressure off of Thomson, and will also keep ODU's offense off the field and keep our defense fresh. I could see us running the ball two-thirds of the time if we do it effectively and that would likely lead to a victory as we have guys on defense that can make plays.

We ran the ball well against MTSU and still lost. The passing game has to get going and the turnovers have got to stop. We use the same gameplan we did last week and we will lose again.

If this Herd team cannot man-handle ODU, then they have very serious issues. Yes, ODU pulled off one of the biggest upsets in modern time over Virginia Tech, but this is also the same team that got destroyed by Liberty University (by 42 points), and Florida Atlantic. They also lost to bottom feeders FIU, CHARLOTTE, and ECU. There's absolutely no excuses if they don't beat ODU.

Turnovers were one of the root causes in the lose, yeah we know about the line sucking, likely leading to all but 1 of them. Given that, the 3 or 4 Turnovers is what gave the damn ball back to stockstill. Thomson doesn't get a pass for those, but I blame the line as much as him

We ran the ball well against MTSU and still lost. The passing game has to get going and the turnovers have got to stop. We use the same gameplan we did last week and we will lose again.
I expected the passing game to be much better against a very weak secondary and with Thomson having a game under his belt.

Look, if you want to grimace about the Herd's performance so far this year, or complain about DB play, you're welcome to, but the criticism of this year's defense is out of control. Saying this defense is worse than 2012 makes me think maybe you didn't watch 2012?

The 2012 Defense gave up an average of 456 yards per game, while this year's team has yielded 375. Our offense, which many describe as anemic and terrible has actually averaged 8 yards a game more than our opponents have managed against our D.

I also have a strong feeling the if our offense was averaging 534.6 yards a game this year like they did in 2012, we sure wouldn't be 3-2 and our fans would most definitely not be talking about how bad our D was.

Look, if you want to grimace about the Herd's performance so far this year, or complain about DB play, you're welcome to, but the criticism of this year's defense is out of control. Saying this defense is worse than 2012 makes me think maybe you didn't watch 2012?

The 2012 Defense gave up an average of 456 yards per game, while this year's team has yielded 375. Our offense, which many describe as anemic and terrible has actually averaged 8 yards a game more than our opponents have managed against our D.

I also have a strong feeling the if our offense was averaging 534.6 yards a game this year like they did in 2012, we sure wouldn't be 3-2 and our fans would most definitely not be talking about how bad our D was.
Herdalicious, if you are referring to my post I am saying that ODU's defense is worse than our 2012 defense.

I expected the passing game to be much better against a very weak secondary and with Thomson having a game under his belt.

If the reason for the playcalling was because of it being his first game.

I still have a nagging suspicion the playcalling was the way it was because the staff knows his shoulder can't handle a more consistent work load. We're only a little month removed from camp when he couldn't run the ones and barely go in consecutive practices.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope he goes out and throws for 450 and 6 TDs tomorrow night.

980x.gif.cf.gif

Who cares how much we win by just win. We are not a dominating team. When given the opportunity Doc will not (for whatever reason/s) rum up the score. It’s ODU and more than likely they will make us play to their level.

Who cares how much we win by just win. We are not a dominating team. When given the opportunity Doc will not (for whatever reason/s) rum up the score. It’s ODU and more than likely they will make us play to their level.

I don't know. When we had the actual horses to do it we curb stomped a lot of teams in 2014. I think Doc doesn't "run up the score" simply because he, and his team, aren't good enough to do it.

Reactions: Herdmeister
I don't know. When we had the actual horses to do it we curb stomped a lot of teams in 2014. I think Doc doesn't "run up the score" simply because he, and his team, aren't good enough to do it.

That. I also think we were just that much better than everyone else. Our backups then could easily start now. We could hand it off meaning to sit on the ball and it was a house call.

Our season is effectively over if we don’t win this one.I do not remember being this disappointed with any Herd team,especially with all the positive hype before the season.

Who cares how much we win by just win. We are not a dominating team.

You have to keep things in perspective. If we're playing EKU, one-win ODU, 2-4 Miami(OH), etc, then we damn well better dominate, because we can never hope to win the division, much less conference if we can't.

Honestly, do you go through everything else in life having such low expectations?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT