ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS strikes down affirmative action

Unless they go to fully blinded admissions, they're just going to get rid of standardized testing and admit non-Asian minorities and legacy kids.

My expectation is nothing will change. They will figure out ways to admit how they want to admit and have back door ways of weighing race.

Their endowments are massive (they are hedge fund activist institutions wearing a skin suit of a place of higher learning in pursuit of truth), they can weather lawsuits for days over this. Some will argue for class-based admissions (which I find not unreasonable) but that won't happen in the current zeitgeist.

If you are a hiring entity, find a place that still values meritocracy. Use your head too, a poor black kid with a trash home live but average scores can be a rock star and a poor white kid at a state school with ridiculous scores is probably a rock star as well. Give me those kids over a private educated average score Ivy kid any day. A high score ivy kid is probably an absolute stud, those kids can do it all.

Last edited:
Gives the msm liberals something to talk about for the next few weeks, in order to be honest with their sheep and to continue to avoid discussing the mush crime family, which is far and away the biggest crimes against the state. Treasonous if you ask me.

Unless they go to fully blinded admissions, they're just going to get rid of standardized testing and admit non-Asian minorities and legacy kids.

My expectation is nothing will change. They will figure out ways to admit how they want to admit and have back door ways of weighing race.

Their endowments are massive (they are hedge fund activist institutions wearing a skin suit of a place of higher learning in pursuit of truth), they can weather lawsuits for days over this. Some will argue for class-based admissions (which I find not unreasonable) but that won't happen in the current zeitgeist.

If you are a hiring entity, find a place that still values meritocracy. Use your head too, a poor black kid with a trash home live but average scores can be a rock star and a poor white kid at a state school with ridiculous scores is probably a rock star as well. Give me those kids over a private educated average score Ivy kid any day. A high score ivy kid is probably an absolute stud, those kids can do it all.
In knocking down affirmative action, we have full-blown entered the age of sob story college entrance essays.

Good. Go after hate crime laws next. Two people committing the exact same crime that get penalized differently is an unequal application of the law.

Back dooring is a large portion of Liberal tactics

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Good for the court. The Indian Americans and Asian Americans were getting hosed.

I am really growing to like and appreciate the Indian Americans. Not the Native Americans. They are ok too, but I am referencing the Indian Americans. Hispanics? Hard workers, man they can work some serious construction. Indian Americans? Good people, smart, and they really integrate into America.

The ruling will do nothing other than show Thomas putting a Glen Loury/John McWhorter epic rant in Supreme Court ruling for posterity.

Harvard has a work around.

Their endowments are massive
racist wonder showzen GIF

Some will argue for class-based admissions (which I find not unreasonable)
And I 100% support this if done right. Poor kids do not have the advantages richer kids have...all the tutoring and practicing the SAT etc. I'd rather have a poor kid with slightly lower scores verses the rich kid with slightly better. College should lift people up out of poverty and break cycles of poverty...I'd reckon nothing lifts quite like an education from an elite school, with all their benefits of networking and opening doors.

This essay stuff? It will be a shit show lol. Just give the poorer kid a little boost. The kids from shitty rural areas and the hood a little boost.

And I 100% support this if done right. Poor kids do not have the advantages richer kids have...all the tutoring and practicing the SAT etc. I'd rather have a poor kid with slightly lower scores verses the rich kid with slightly better. College should lift people up out of poverty and break cycles of poverty...I'd reckon nothing lifts quite like an education from an elite school, with all their benefits of networking and opening doors.

This essay stuff? It will be a shit show lol. Just give the poorer kid a little boost. The kids from shitty rural areas and the hood a little boost.
The Asians were the ones getting hosed. They were scoring better, taking harder high school classes, etc. but were losing out.

Frankly, I don't want dumb doctors or doctors they led slide through the system. I don't care what color or what they are. That's the problem and what was happening. It was happening at UNC, Chapel Hill.

The Asians were the ones getting hosed. They were scoring better, taking harder high school classes, etc. but were losing out.

Frankly, I don't want dumb doctors or doctors they led slide through the system. I don't care what color or what they are. That's the problem and what was happening. It was happening at UNC, Chapel Hill.
Exactly, no offense to our Pullman Secretary of State, but could you imagine having to see @MichiganHerd 's black ass when you could have seen a Doc Fungus instead?

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxHerd
I've said this for years as it pertains to the legal system and the same thing applies to the educational system - there is disparity in this country. However, that disparity isn't race-based, it's class-based.

Take the opioid epidemic for example. A judge will sentence a third generation drug dealer from rural Appalachia who is running crews to Florida to get scripts from crooked doctors and selling them in their community to a much higher sentence than they would the crooked health care provider. Why? Inherent class bias. Drug dealer = bad, doctor = good. Of these two, both are culpable and deserving of prison time. Which one is more culpable though - the guy with no education that grew up knowing nothing but a criminal lifestyle, or the physician that has a post-graduate education and knows full-well the impact of what he's doing, but continues doing it based solely on greed? I know which one I think should receive a higher sentence.

The same logic applies to the educational system. Kids that work hard and bust their ass in school should get into college and have the opportunity to receive scholarships based on their merit. That being said, to pretend someone from rural Appalachia or the Memphis inner city school systems have the same education and opportunities as little Johnny from a private school in the suburbs of Louisville is complete bullshit. There should be a means for these students to receive a college education as well. What's the best way to do that? I don't know, but it's certainly not to let them in based solely on the color of their skin. In that scenario, the kid from rural Appalachia gets the shaft. They also shouldn't get in over a well-qualified applicant if they are a mediocre to poor student and haven't shown any drive to work hard or succeed. Again, I don't know what the answer is, but race quotas and other means of affirmative action have never been an appropriate solution to these problems.

The whole affirmative action thing started out with good intentions but has moved from giving deserving people a chance to punishing people based on being white or Asian it seems to me. I have two friends whose sons both are white and both well qualified end up at lesser med schools because of this. Both parents , one a MD the other an engineer were accepted to the same schools their sons could not get into. The one also has a daughter get into med school with lesser scores than her brother. I guessing because she is female to one of the schools here in Ohio. At some point all of this will bite us in the butt when we have a generation of people leading the way and the folks at the helm are either not competent or not highly skilled since they are in over their head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT