ADVERTISEMENT

Separation of church and state

herdfan429

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
interesting discussion to be had on whether or not this is an issue. Nancy Pelosi will change the rule barring hats/head coverings on the floor of the house. Reason being two female Muslims will be joining congress at the start of the new session and want to wear their hijabs

I’m interested to see what everyone says, especially Uber atheist rifle

interesting discussion to be had on whether or not this is an issue. Nancy Pelosi will change the rule barring hats/head coverings on the floor of the house. Reason being two female Muslims will be joining congress at the start of the new session and want to wear their hijabs

I’m interested to see what everyone says, especially Uber atheist rifle

The quick fix for Republicans would be to wear MAGA hats the first day of the rule change.

Makes no difference to me. I do find it ironic that the party of women rights wants to make sure that the two women who practice the "religion of peace" can still be subservient and subjects of their males. Will they be able to look their male counterparts in Congress in the eyes? Will they walk a step behind them? Were their marriages prearranged?

Why don't you have the same misgivings toward Christian teachings?
Well, since the subject was the two Muslim females for one. Two, while Christianity certainly has sects that are archaic in belief it is not to the level of Muslims even in our country.

I have not heard of too many prearranged marriages in Christian churches lately. When I meet or talk with Christian women they do look me(or others) in the eye and not look down in fear of their husbands chastising them and likely slapping the shit out of them later. The Christian girls don't go to school with their head cover and then take it off when they get in the building, but are in fear of their fathers catching them.

Happened at a school I know of . Girl got caught doing that so she could be like the other girls. Her father beat the shit out of her. Oh, and the girls talking about their future husbands who their father picked.

So, Christians, even with their faults have moved forward for the most part.

Of course when I got married the preacher would not allow dancing, beer, or rock music at the reception. And, if I would have been Catholic he would not have married us. The counseling was a little creepy. But, that was a long time ago.

So, there are some nut cases.

I'm just glad that white men don't beat their daughters here in the U S. Right?

I'd rather call you out for your bigotry in this thread. Good Allah.
what bigotry?

We were talking about Muslims in Congress. I said I had no problem with it, but wonder if the party of women, Democrats, would call their religion out for treating women the way they do. The Muslim religion is not very kind to women. That's true.

To be fair, you probably attend a church that doesn't want your members to marry Catholics let alone a Muslim.

No, it's a sign of you being a bigot.

imatolerantliberal-agree-with-me-or-else-you-racist-sexist-homophobic-7771006.png

I'm just glad that white men don't beat their daughters here in the U S. Right?
Yea American white men treat their women worse than Muslim men do. Don't be a traitor EG. You know the horrible existence a woman has under her Muslim husband. If your saying American men treat their women worse than Muslim men treat their wives then your a liar. Islam is a false religion not a religion. Put your faith more in God than the ungodly democratic party. Same for republicans. If Obama were president you wouldnt be selling this ignorance. You don't tolerate bigotry but you bathe in ignorance

Lots of white American men beat their wives and daughters. Are you saying that's OK because you believe Muslims do it more?

Islam IS a religion. Whether you agree with it or not has no bearing on that fact.

When Obama was president Muslim men were better than other American men to hear him talk.

If you can't back that up with facts, then you're a liar.

How does your church feel about Homosexuals?
The church loves them if they're abiding by Gods commandments.

Homosexual marriage?
I suspect they disagree with it.

Baptist marrying a Catholic?
Haven't heard it mentioned.

Baptist marrying an unsaved individual?
Bible doesn't speak against that.

How does your church feel about Homosexuals?
The church loves them if they're abiding by Gods commandments.

Homosexual marriage?
I suspect they disagree with it.

Baptist marrying a Catholic?
Haven't heard it mentioned.

Baptist marrying an unsaved individual?
Bible doesn't speak against that.
Who has been in or grown up in a Baptist church and never heard them talk about marrying Catholics or unsaved individuals? Cmon now. You suspect they disagree with homosexual marriage. A Baptist church in Wayne?

Who has been in or grown up in a Baptist church and never heard them talk about marrying Catholics
Look, I really don't care whether you believe me or not.

or unsaved individuals?
Never been taught against when I was there for the last 41 years. Once again, I don't care if you believe me or not.

Cmon now. You suspect they disagree with homosexual marriage. A Baptist church in Wayne?

Yeah, I suspect they disagree. I haven't asked them and they haven't said. So I gave you the best answer I could.

Who has been in or grown up in a Baptist church and never heard them talk about marrying Catholics
Look, I really don't care whether you believe me or not.

or unsaved individuals?
Never been taught against when I was there for the last 41 years. Once again, I don't care if you believe me or not.

Cmon now. You suspect they disagree with homosexual marriage. A Baptist church in Wayne?

Yeah, I suspect they disagree. I haven't asked them and they haven't said. So I gave you the best answer I could.
I know better.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
How does your church feel about Homosexuals? Homosexual marriage? Baptist marrying a Catholic? Baptist marrying an unsaved individual?

He said his church is cool with his cult membership*, so don't expect an honest answer.

Which was also bull, as he about shit his pants when he thought FAN and I we're going to stop by one Sunday. Which is ridiculous, we'd be too busy drinking to do that.

Yeah, as hot of a political and religious topic as gay rights have been for 20 years, his Baptist Church of Out Wayne never had a word to say about it. And I'm the King of Spain.
exactly. Nor Baptist marrying Catholics. C;mon man. we all grew up or spent time in WV. We all know better.

He said his church is cool with his cult membership*, so don't expect an honest answer.

Which was also bull, as he about shit his pants when he thought FAN and I we're going to stop by one Sunday.

Every sentence in that post ^^^^ is a lie.

Yeah, as hot of a political and religious topic as gay rights have been for 20 years, his Baptist Church of Out Wayne never had a word to say about it. And I'm the King of Spain.

They don't preach politics in the church I attend. Probably every single member there will tell you that homosexuality is a sin. But as I said I haven't talked to them about it, so I don't KNOW.

exactly. Nor Baptist marrying Catholics. C;mon man. we all grew up or spent time in WV. We all know better.

No, you don't know better. There is no rule about marrying sinners, whether one or both are sinners. If a homosexual couple wanted to take up membership at our church, they would be accepted IF and only if they promised to stop homosexual activity. If they didn't stop, their membership would be removed. Same with Catholics, if you want to worship at our church, you have to agree to our understanding of the Bible when it comes to such things as baptism, preachers not taking weekly confession, and such things. Now what else do you not know about the church I attend that you think should be brought to my attention?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT