ADVERTISEMENT

Shithole State Passes Absurd Law

This^^^ is some borderline retard shit, so I'm not going to waste my time writing a detailed response. I really think you may have a significant degree of brain damage from. your accident.
That's a hell of a copout from having to defend your absurdly stupid post.

That's a hell of a copout from having to defend your absurdly stupid post.
Okay.

You constantly bitch about people, me in particular, not having reading comprehension skills. Yet here you are with a take that ignores what I actually posted, choosing instead to make up a bunch of shit to argue against.

This is class is Tier Three material and arguments. For the sake of the public, I hope you aren’t a trial attorney.

First of all, approximately 70% of The Ten Commandments (without going back and looking) are not illegal to commit nor are many of them immoral to do. So that utterly destroys your argument that the document “birthed nearly all law and principles of morality . . . “

Further, without The Ten Commandments, your argument is that we’d never have reached the conclusion that it’s better for society to not allow killing each other, stealing from each other, or slandering each other. Brilliant.

I wonder how all of those other non-Christian nations were able to outlaw murder, stealing, etc. without their belief/adoption of The Ten Commandments?

Oh, and the cowards still haven’t been back to this thread to thank me for correcting them and educating them.
With regard to the "legality" of the Commandments, you completely miss the point. The Commandments most certainly were laws. They were THE laws initially handed down by God to Moses. All other principles of Jewish law derive from them. As such, the principles of Christianity are also derivative. You know that. You also know that it was absolutely "illegal" for the Jews to violate those laws.

Are all of them still "illegal" or "laws" on the books today? Of course not. But that's not the point, is it? Some of those same principles survive today under Common Law, which was influenced heavily by the church, bleed into our own statutes. In this regard, the Commandments were certainly a guidepost for Western civilization and law. To argue otherwise is foolish.

With regard to the impact on other cultures/societies, I said,
nearly all law and principles of morality in Judeo Christian society.
were derived from them - also a fact that's not debatable. You obviously can't comprehend what I wrote. Your argument completely ignores the qualifiers "nearly" and "Judeo Christian society." Judeo Christian values and principles shape all of Western civilization. Again, to argue otherwise is absurd. By ignoring what I actually wrote, your tangent about "non-Christian" nations is nonsensical in the context of my position. I never said anything about the Commandments and other cultures. It was specifically limited to "nearly" all "Judeo Christian" societies. Now, go back and take your meds and rehab and leave the difficult conversations to those on here better prepared to discuss them.

This^^^ is some borderline retard shit, so I'm not going to waste my time writing a detailed response. I really think you may have a significant degree of brain damage from. your accident.
Summary: rifle is correct and I have no argument. Case closed.

You are not a Christian and are not saved. You stupid lying trumpchum sucking oath breaker

extralyingdumbass on a Sunday morning
iu

Hey dumbass, did you just skip over post #83? You hatred is blinding you again.
No, I almost always respond as I move through the thread. You Godless lying trumpchum sucker.
Changing what I said which makes you a liar....again.
No, I corrected YOUR LIE. TRUMPMUNCHKIN.
On the Lord's day, of all days. Shame on you.
Which day is not his? moron. You are not a Christian and you are not saved.

Im late to the thread.

I’m not a fan of this law.

The bigger story is Louisiana’s school choice bill. In theory, if you really want your kid in say a Catholic school where they may value having 10 commandments…and you’re poor, this bill will make it easier for that. One size fits all top down education does not work.

I’ve posted it here before, but this book by pop-historian Tom Holland is an absolute must read. Best book I’ve read maybe in the last decade. This is a history book, not a Christian book.

It will be required reading when my kids are teenagers.

“Christianity is the most enduring and influential legacy of the ancient world, and its emergence the single most transformative development in Western history. Even the increasing number in the West today who have abandoned the faith of their forebears, and dismiss all religion as pointless superstition, remain recognisably its heirs. Seen close-up, the division between a sceptic and a believer may seem unbridgeable. Widen the focus, though, and Christianity's enduring impact upon the West can be seen in the emergence of much that has traditionally been cast as its nemesis: in science, in secularism, and yes, even in atheism.

That is why Dominion will place the story of how we came to be what we are, and how we think the way that we do, in the broadest historical context. Ranging in time from the Persian invasion of Greece in 480 BC to the on-going migration crisis in Europe today, and from Nebuchadnezzar to the Beatles, it will explore just what it was that made Christianity so revolutionary and disruptive; how completely it came to saturate the mind-set of Latin Christendom; and why, in a West that has become increasingly doubtful of religion's claims, so many of its instincts remain irredeemably Christian. The aim is twofold: to make the reader appreciate just how novel and uncanny were Christian teachings when they first appeared in the world; and to make ourselves, and all that we take for granted, appear similarly strange in consequence. We stand at the end-point of an extraordinary transformation in the understanding of what it is to be human: one that can only be fully appreciated by tracing the arc of its parabola over millennia.“

No, I almost always respond as I move through the thread. You Godless lying trumpchum sucker.

So you admit you're wrong. Good job.

No, I corrected YOUR LIE. TRUMPMUNCHKIN.

You changed what I said, dumbass. I definitely didn't say you were correct nor did I mean to say you're correct, which means you lied about what I said, liar. As been mentioned, to say you've never lied on this board is a lie in itself, liar.

Which day is not his? moron. You are not a Christian and you are not saved.

Strange that I would have to point this out to you....

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So you admit you're wrong. Good job.
So you admit you're a lying idiot. 'bout time.
You changed what I said, dumbass.
I corrected your lie. You Godless lying trumpchum sucking idiot.
Strange that I would have to point this out to you....
Yeah. Considering you don't understand it.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Mark 2:27 The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

You "men of faith" have no understanding. You don't even seem to realize the Old Law has been fulfilled and is no longer in effect. You're much closer to being a pharisee than a Christian.

Mark 2:27 The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Did I say differently?

It is one of the Ten Commandments.

Valid in the Old Testament, the New Testament as well as today.

We are to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

You are spreading hate and lying on the Sabbath, though you're supposed to keep it holy.

You claim to be a Christian and perfect, so you shouldn't be doing that any day of the week.

Reactions: 19MU88
Okay.

You constantly bitch about people, me in particular, not having reading comprehension skills. Yet here you are with a take that ignores what I actually posted, choosing instead to make up a bunch of shit to argue against.

With regard to the "legality" of the Commandments, you completely miss the point. The Commandments most certainly were laws. They were THE laws initially handed down by God to Moses. All other principles of Jewish law derive from them. As such, the principles of Christianity are also derivative. You know that. You also know that it was absolutely "illegal" for the Jews to violate those laws.

Are all of them still "illegal" or "laws" on the books today? Of course not. But that's not the point, is it? Some of those same principles survive today under Common Law, which was influenced heavily by the church, bleed into our own statutes. In this regard, the Commandments were certainly a guidepost for Western civilization and law. To argue otherwise is foolish.

With regard to the impact on other cultures/societies, I said,

were derived from them - also a fact that's not debatable. You obviously can't comprehend what I wrote. Your argument completely ignores the qualifiers "nearly" and "Judeo Christian society." Judeo Christian values and principles shape all of Western civilization. Again, to argue otherwise is absurd. By ignoring what I actually wrote, your tangent about "non-Christian" nations is nonsensical in the context of my position. I never said anything about the Commandments and other cultures. It was specifically limited to "nearly" all "Judeo Christian" societies. Now, go back and take your meds and rehab and leave the difficult conversations to those on here better prepared to discuss them.
And this is where you further cement the Tier Three nickname.

You tried equating the Constitution with The Ten Commandments. You tried arguing that The Ten Commandments were the guiding force of Judeo-Christian law/rules, and since the Constitution is a part of Judeo-Christian law/rules, the former can't violate the latter. And that is simply absurdly fvcking stupid and illogical.

You claim that those people who claim the Louisiana legislation violates the Constitution can't be right, because the Constitution is the basis of our country's laws/rights while The Ten Commandments is the basis for Judeo-Christian laws/rules. And that's simply illogical. If this relationship exists, then about 70% of things in The Ten Commandments would have been ruled unlawful/immoral in the Constitution.

Did I say differently?

It is one of the Ten Commandments.

Valid in the Old Testament
Yep
the New Testament as well as today.
Nnnnnnooooo
You are spreading hate and lying on the Sabbath, though you're supposed to keep it holy.
You're a Godless lying trumpchum sucker
You claim to be a Christian
FACT.
and perfect
You're a Godless lying trumpchum sucker

Nnnnnnooooo

Here are the Ten Commandments and where they are found in the New Testament:

1) Do not worship any other gods (1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5)

2) Do not make idols (1 John 5:21)

3) Do not misuse the name of the LORD (1 Timothy 6:1)

4) Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. (There are many references to the Sabbath day in the New Testament, including the assumption that Jews under the law in the time of Christ would be observing the Sabbath. But there is no direct or indirect command for believers in the church age to observe the Sabbath as a day of rest or of worship. In fact, Colossians 2:16 releases the believer from the Sabbath rule. Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath, has become for us our Sabbath rest, according to Hebrews 4:1–11.)

5) Honor your father and your mother (Ephesians 6:1–2)

6) Do not murder (Romans 13:9; 1 Peter 4:15)

7) Do not commit adultery (1 Corinthians 6:9–10)

8) Do not steal (Ephesians 4:28)

9) Do not give false testimony (Revelation 21:8)

10) Do not covet (Colossians 3:5)

The Ten Commandments help unbelievers in any age recognize their imperfections. Because it summarizes the moral content of God’s law, the Decalogue can be used as a mirror to show people their sin. The commandments reflect the unchanging character of God, so they—like God—are eternal, timeless, universally applicable, and immutable.

Some Christians believe the Ten Commandments are not binding upon believers today. For example, in his book Irresistible: Reclaiming the New that Jesus Unleashed for the World, Andy Stanley says, “The Ten Commandments have no authority over you. None. To be clear: Thou shalt not obey the Ten Commandments” (p. 136). Such thinking is likely not caused by an antinomian mindset, but instead stems from the principle that Christians are not under the law but under grace (Romans 6:14). While it is true that Christ fulfilled the law on our behalf (see Matthew 5:17), the New Testament is clear that believers should not violate God’s moral law because of their standing in grace (Romans 6:15).

New Testament believers are freed from the bondage of sin, which allows them to freely live out the Ten Commandments, summarized by Christ this way: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets” (Matthew 22:36–40, NASB).

Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. (There are many references to the Sabbath day in the New Testament, including the assumption that Jews under the law in the time of Christ would be observing the Sabbath. But there is no direct or indirect command for believers in the church age to observe the Sabbath as a day of rest or of worship. In fact, Colossians 2:16 releases the believer from the Sabbath rule. Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath, has become for us our Sabbath rest, according to Hebrews 4:1–11.)

Wait a minute. Earlier you said...
We are to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Maybe you got a smidgem of understanding today.

You tried equating the Constitution with The Ten ComCommandments.
No, I didn't. Work on your comprehension. I did state that it was the bedrock on which all other law in Judeo Christian/Western tradition that came after it is built. It was, and is. That's irrefutable, and it's ignorant to argue otherwise.
You claim that those people who claim the Louisiana legislation violates the Constitution can't be right, because the Constitution is the basis of our country's laws/rights while The Ten Commandments is the basis for Judeo-Christian laws/rules. And that's simply illogical. If this relationship exists, then about 70% of things in The Ten Commandments would have been ruled unlawful/immoral in the Constitution.
No. I'm saying as a historical predecessor - not a direct correlation to, which is where you seem to be confused - to most Western law and moral philosophy, including this Nation's, it is not some eggregious act or unconstitutional for them to be posted in a school.

Reactions: 19MU88 and 30CAT
Anybody saying the 10 Commandments and things like that are not the bedrock of our founding, laws, etc. are kidding themselves.

Read the first part of the Declaration of Independence. This is why they want to evaporate this from schools and learning by young Americans. They want to start history from now and forget this stuff.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--

Reactions: 19MU88 and 30CAT
At this point, I have to ask some of you to ease up on your strong beat down and remember he's recovering from a head injury,

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
No, I didn't. Work on your comprehension. I did state that it was the bedrock on which all other law in Judeo Christian/Western tradition that came after it is built. It was, and is. That's irrefutable, and it's ignorant to argue otherwise.
You absolutely did. If you weren't trying to marry those two documents, you wouldn't have made this comment:

The Left: "It violates the Constitution to hang the document that birthed nearly all law and principles of morality in Judeo Christian society.
Your entire argument is that since The Ten Commandments was the foundation of part of Judeo-Christian morals/laws, and that the Constitution is foundation of a part of a Judeo-Christian country, that the Louisiana law can't be unconstitutional. That's your entire argument as seen in the quote above.

I am going with he was not posting on this forum during this morning's service.
No, what you are going with is a "preacher" that does these sorts of things...

Baptizing a baby?

Advocating for capital punishment?

Getting drunk??

Telling any posters "fvck you"?

And the reason you are going with it is because you love lies and hate truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT