ADVERTISEMENT

SHR: Do Herd fans like the Pats?

Capture.png

I keep seeing these memes everywhere about how the only people rooting for the Pats are in NE and the rest of the World hates them. I've been a Pats fan since April 26, 1993...

People who actually know NFL football will usually respect the fact that you are a Pats fan when they hear you became a fan back when Troy played for them. Otherwise, they assume you're a bandwagon. I have to admit, it's been a great run, but I'll still follow them if/when they suck.

Casual fans usually resent a team that wins all the time; add in some of the less-than-flattering things they've been caught doing over the years (and the liklihood that those things and all the things we don't know about have played into this success), and it makes them pretty much impossible to get behind.

Casual fans usually resent a team that wins all the time; add in some of the less-than-flattering things they've been caught doing over the years (and the liklihood that those things and all the things we don't know about have played into this success), and it makes them pretty much impossible to get behind.

Nope. Not impossible at all. Every dynasty has been accused of some form of impropriety. NE is no different. Shit, when Joe Montana came out a couple years ago and said "if you aren't cheating in the league, you aren't trying." That brought a whole new perspective to what goes on.

The casual fan must seem to believe in the fairytales of "fairness". Ever notice every team's play calling coach covers his mouth or face when talking into the headset? Remember the Saints Dfense controversy several years ago? Everyone tries to get an unfair (cheating) advantage.

Never understood the whole idea of rooting for someone just because they are the underdog anyway. If cheering on winners is bandwagon. Count me in. It's a waste investing energy in a loser.

Every dynasty has been accused of some form of impropriety.
But see, that's kind of the thing - we went past "accusations" when they got busted for SpyGate almost ten years ago. Other teams can say "accusations," but the Pats kind of have to say "that stuff we do, and will continue to do, because we never really get into that much trouble for it and it works so f--- it."

Oh, and I was just speaking for casual fans, a category I exclude bandwagon fans from. Casual fans are disengaged, just watching a sporting event that they recognize they have no part in. Bandwagon fans aren't even sports fans, they're just people looking for some vague abstraction they can hook their otherwise meaningless lives to, in order to use that temporary association as a cudgel to beat inferiority into the people who actually have the stones to root for something they're genuinely connected to.

And technically, its a waste of time investing energy into a sporting event in the first place, so let's not dig too deep into the logic of these things, ok?

because we never really get into that much trouble for it and it works so f--- it."

And ask yourself why they don't get punished. Answer: Because the league knows everyone does it in order to get an edge. You start seriously punishing a team?? Everyone's dirty laundry will be put out.

And technically, its a waste of time investing energy into a sporting event in the first place, so let's not dig too deep into the logic of these things, ok?

Great idea. No need arguing semantics as it relates to "fandom" tags.

Wake up COLLEGE boys .all the hate towards NE is snowflakes hating them. They seem to pick losers. Cough cough hillary. Cough atlanta. Whitey against darkie if you really want to dummy down.

And ask yourself why they don't get punished. Answer: Because the league commissioner is ultimately an at-will employee of the NFL Owners, and Bob Kraft has more money than God.
FIFY. That's like asking why Ohio State never gets into trouble with the NCAA.

FIFY. That's like asking why Ohio State never gets into trouble with the NCAA.

I don't fully understand the comparison between OSU and Pats as it relates to this specific conversation. Name me an NFL majority owner that doesn't have a liquid net worth north of $500mil. I dont believe Kraft is even the richest. With that said, attempting to use your NCAA analogy, there are no "P6" owners in the league.

Of course Goodell is an at will employee. Its a franchise system controlled by it's "shareholders", aka, the owners. Thus the reason I said....they all are attempting to gain an unfair edge (cheat). If a single team starts getting hammered with violations, it will bring to light everyone else's shortcomings. No one wants that.

Im a Green bay fan first and a Pats fan second and a bengals fan third lol.... all other teams I don't like ...

This is pointless. The OSU reference was to the fact that the last time they got in trouble with the NCAA, the person in charge of meting out their punishment was an OSU alumnus. Coincidentally, they ruled it was in the best interest of the players that they be allowed to play in their bowl game.

Bob Kraft has more pull, politically, among the owners than anybody not named Rooney or Jones.

A big reason a lot of casual fans don't like the Patriots is conversations like this. I made a pretty antiseptic statement about why casual fans don't like the Patriots, and immediately I had a Patriots fan confronting me to tell me everybody cheats, the Pats are without fault, blah blah blah, immediately after telling me the only reason he likes them is because they win a lot.

This is pointless. The OSU reference was to the fact that the last time they got in trouble with the NCAA, the person in charge of meting out their punishment was an OSU alumnus. Coincidentally, they ruled it was in the best interest of the players that they be allowed to play in their bowl game.

Bob Kraft has more pull, politically, among the owners than anybody not named Rooney or Jones.

A big reason a lot of casual fans don't like the Patriots is conversations like this. I made a pretty antiseptic statement about why casual fans don't like the Patriots, and immediately I had a Patriots fan confronting me to tell me everybody cheats, the Pats are without fault, blah blah blah, immediately after telling me the only reason he likes them is because they win a lot.

C'mon fellas....get em!
3.jpg

Herd fan 1st, Panthers fan 2nd and Falcons fan 3rd...it's been a $hity year for football!

the Pats are without fault

Weird......I cant find where anyone suggested this. Again, I am not the kind of fan that stands around and cheers for teams. Not that into pro sports these days. Its more of a... respect. They consistently win.....in a league where everyone is cheating in some way....no matter what the losers claim.

being a fan of an NFL team not named "Patriots" and being mad at the "Patriots" for cheating is like being a baseball fan in the 80's-90's and being mad because McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds were juicing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT