ADVERTISEMENT

SHR. Man it’s getting great over at Crispi chicken

What’s completely wild about the situation is they could have just ordered a box of ketchup and provided good customer service. I haven’t eaten there yet, but I have heard they have decent chicken. When your a restaurant customer service is key to your survival. What a dumb hill for a business to die on.

I work downtown, and they have been at full capacity with a line every day this week (besides Tuesday) when I walked by going to lunch.

Not condoning the customer service, or the videos. Just an observation that I found interesting.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Huntington is victorious in running out a black-owned business.

You can’t out West Virginia, West Virginia.

Location, location, location. How many restaurants have failed in that same location. No convenient parking. No drive-through window. The ordering process was tedious. Could have used more seating. It needed to be located close to the MU campus.

Reactions: RhinoD
Location, location, location. How many restaurants have failed in that same location. No convenient parking. No drive-through window. The ordering process was tedious. Could have used more seating. It needed to be located close to the MU campus.
I dont see parking as the issue. The Hall of Fame would have the same parking problem, but yet they are doing well it seems. Backyard, and the Peddler would have the same parking problem, but they are doing well it seems. Now all of them are for the most part , seat down, eat in places, while Crispis is a carry out only place. Yes they have seats, but the food is packages for carry.

Reactions: elginherd
I dont see parking as the issue. The Hall of Fame would have the same parking problem, but yet they are doing well it seems. Backyard, and the Peddler would have the same parking problem, but they are doing well it seems. Now all of them are for the most part , seat down, eat in places, while Crispis is a carry out only place. Yes they have seats, but the food is packages for carry.
Agree. Never understood the parking argument. Every time we visit one of the restaurants you mentioned, I always drop of the family and park in the garage across from the arena. There's no charge and always plenty of parking.

Reactions: elginherd
IMO, parking is a non-issue.
Public relations and not anticipating customers' needs and wishes were the issues.

In addition, the product is too similar to Chick-fil-A to stand out.

Reactions: sluggo72
Location, location, location.
Agreed. Black owned businesses don’t do well in the location of West Virginia.

I dont see parking as the issue.
Agreed. The issue is having a black owner who dares to speak out. They should know their place, right?

. Every time we visit one of the restaurants you mentioned,
Yeah, but they are white-owned establishments, so customers have a higher tolerance for their issues.

Public relations and not anticipating customers' needs and wishes were the issues.
Yep. Blacks should know not to speak out in West Virginia.

In addition, the product is too similar to Chick-fil-A to stand out.
Yep. West Virginians would rather spend their money at a bigoted business, one that financially supports taking away rights from gays, instead of a minority owned business.

Agreed. The issue is having a black owner who dares to speak out. They should know their place, right?

Yeah, but they are white-owned establishments, so customers have a higher tolerance for their issues.

Yep. West Virginians would rather spend their money at a bigoted business, one that financially supports taking away rights from gays, instead of a minority owned business.
I don't completely disagree with you.
However, 'no cash, no ketchup' aren't great features to start a restaurant in Huntington.

Chick-fil-A is well established with, what a lot of people regard, a great product. For the most part, they can afford unforced controversy.
Chrispi wasn't.

still it has nothing to do with being black, it has to do with not listening to your customer.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Especially the white ones.

The city that can support a million white-owned restaurants can’t support one black-owned restaurant.

The message is clear, Mr. Byrd.
one would think since the Mayor Steve Williams was at the grand opening, he could sign an order that all people in Huntington need to go to Crispi's once a week so we can keep them open. He could even pass out $9 food vouchers to ever citizen in Huntington only good at Crispis. ( take the $450,000 of city money he spent studying what to do with Harris Riverfront park, by the approximate 50,000 people of Huntington) Now just think if Crispis had invested in Ketchup, they may still be open. You'll eat your fries the way I say or go somewhere else. They went somewhere else. Just following management orders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT