ADVERTISEMENT

Smock: Comments on 2 Deep

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
MU 2-deep, with comments
August 4, 2015 by Doug Smock

We ran this right before I returned (Tuesday, August 4 was my first day back), so I’ll add my 2 cents along the way...

LINK

Reactions: MU PIKE
RB: 47 Devon Johnson (sr), 8 Remi Watson (r-sr), 23 Tony Pittman (r-so) … In a 12- to 14-game season, all 3 will be needed. Let’s see how Pittman does.

Anyone know who else we have at RB for the future? We lose Johnson and Watson after this year, with Pittman coming back. I'm not big on regularly following recruiting/recruits, so not sure here.

RB: 47 Devon Johnson (sr), 8 Remi Watson (r-sr), 23 Tony Pittman (r-so) … In a 12- to 14-game season, all 3 will be needed. Let’s see how Pittman does.

Anyone know who else we have at RB for the future? We lose Johnson and Watson after this year, with Pittman coming back. I'm not big on regularly following recruiting/recruits, so not sure here.
Sure do. The Baker kid from Ashland will be maybe the fastest RB we have ever had. Also a coupe others either propped last year or was in the recruiting class. We will be fine a RB.

Reactions: ohio herd
fastest we ever had? That's a bold statement considering we had Stew and Grooms recently. Also Keion Davis joins the team and well as Kentavious Baldwin who Mississippi State tossed to the side when they wasn't sure he would be eligible. He is eligible and has been running with the Herd all summer. Also don't forget about Delvin Weems as well

fastest we ever had? That's a bold statement considering we had Stew and Grooms recently. Also Keion Davis joins the team and well as Kentavious Baldwin who Mississippi State tossed to the side when they wasn't sure he would be eligible. He is eligible and has been running with the Herd all summer. Also don't forget about Delvin Weems as well
Fever isn't this a wonderful problem to have.... I mean having this caliber of RB? True Grooms and Butler had great speed but they are gone. Glad to have him!

Reactions: Herd Fever
Note, I said MAYBE.....

Idk what Grooms or Butler's 40 time was.. But, I do know that Quinton Baker fairly recently ran a 4.29 40.. That's flat out flying.. But, that was in shorts and a t-shirt, he may not play quite as fast as he is.. Some guys do, some guys don't but I know the kid has some wheels.

His 40 time was the fastest at the Battle of the Midwest combine.

I do believe Butler played faster than his 40 time. It seemed like anytime he had a crease, he was gone. He probably have the most touchdowns from 30 yards+ in school history. Too bad he let his temper take hold of him that night. I believe he would have had a shot at the NFL this year

Both but with Marshall tuition being so low, as long you keep a good GPA, you are able to pay your tuition with grants. I know I did it

So we start 3 Seniors on O and 5 on D for 2015. Gotta plug some defensive holes for sure in 2016. 2017 looks to be a real challenge for Doc as we'll replace a boatload of starters on both sides of the ball after 2016.
No question that if we can plug Defensive holes in 2016, especially on DL, we should be the run away favorite to win CUSA.

So we start 3 Seniors on O and 5 on D for 2015. Gotta plug some defensive holes for sure in 2016. 2017 looks to be a real challenge for Doc as we'll replace a boatload of starters on both sides of the ball after 2016.
No question that if we can plug Defensive holes in 2016, especially on DL, we should be the run away favorite to win CUSA.

Hard to say. A lot of those guys we see right now as starters for 2016 might not be starters. We might have current freshmen or 2016 freshmen that come in and take their spots. Hard to predict that far into the future.

Reactions: Herd Fever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT