ADVERTISEMENT

So just how good was Hofstra?

Pre-game hype said we should crush them today. It didn't happen, so how good is Hofstra?
Who said we should crush them?

Like @Herdmeister mentioned, Hofstra was picked to finish third in the CAA and has the CAA pre-season player of the year in Justin Wright-Foreman. They finished 19-12 last year and returned six of their top eight scorers from 2017.

They're pretty damn good.

Pre-game hype said we should crush them today. It didn't happen, so how good is Hofstra?

Not only was there nothing that said we should "crush them," there were several posts in the EKU thread about what a good test Hofstra would be for us early in the year.

Hofstra is likely going to finish the year with 20+ wins and be in the mix with College of Charleston and James Madison for the CAA league title. They have Wright-Foreman who finished 5th in the nation in scoring last year and they are really well coached by Joe Mihalich.

Reactions: horsrman
Who said we should crush them?

Like @Herdmeister mentioned, Hofstra was picked to finish third in the CAA and has the CAA pre-season player of the year in Justin Wright-Foreman. They finished 19-12 last year and returned six of their top eight scorers from 2017.

They're pretty damn good.

Yep, the local media, mods too, gave a good picture of their capability. The only persons who I assume indicated we would crush them would be a few message board experts. Lol!

I did read on this board or another, posts that we should crush them.
No slight intended, I just wanted to know if they were another early patsie or a competent opponent.

Sure they would be in the top 3 or 4 in our league. Lots of talk beforehand that they were a quality opponent.

All I know is, the kid with 2 last names is prob going to play in the League. He was unconscious in the 1st half. Watson, then Kinsey were both more effective guarding him. Their zone gave us problems, esp 1st half. We are normally able to pass it fast enough to give the corner an open look, but they were quick enough that those opportunities just weren't there. Their big was a weak link imo. You never had to worry about him shooting when the ball was in his hands! They didn't have any answers for Bennett, but that is going to be true for most of our future opponents! Also, Pemberton (sp?) shot the ball very well. It was, as stated earlier, a great test this early on. They play @ MD before we do. Will be interesting to see how that game goes....

Reactions: horsrman and RhinoD
If it wasn’t for wright-foreman it would’ve been different. The kid looked like Marcus Jordan. Just throw it up and it goes in.

Hofstra was a dang good team, athletic, #3 couldn't miss a shot in the first half. Will be interesting to watch them as they progress in the season. I thought we played without energy at times, but brought it when it was needed.

This was a good win for us both confidence-wise and RPI-wise (as long as they keep winning like we think they will).

I loved seeing the fight in Bennett at half court (even though it couldv’e been a disaster if it were flipped). I liked how everyone contributed something.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If it wasn’t for wright-foreman it would’ve been different. The kid looked like Marcus Jordan. Just throw it up and it goes in.
he is the nation's leading scorer returning from last year. He averaged over 24 ppg last year. Being a left handed #3 he was Skip Henderson reincarnated.

It sounds good that we got Hofstra early in the season. They sound like they're going to be a force in their conference.
MU still has some work to do before the big name schools come up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT