ADVERTISEMENT

So who is the new OC?

surely you jest?

This guy right?

4382183127_0516c6a8c5_z.jpg

It would be nice if they would say SOMETHING about the progress. There is no harm in saying that "we have made significant progress and should be able to make an announcement within the next X". Gives away no secrets and doesn't jeopardize anyone's confidentiality. This has just been very agonizing. Any word from MH would be better than total silence.

We're assuming he hasn't made his decision yet. They just aren't announcing it yet. It's been narrowed down to Dawson and Cramsey for at least the last couple weeks and both were spotted in town. If it has been that narrow for the last two weeks then we are most certainly in contract negotiations with our pick and it should be announced sooner than later.

Cramsey got a tour. Did Dawson tour also?

where is he coaching now?

He’s the special teams coordinator/outside linebackers coach at a G5, though that could change by the hour, as two Big 10 schools and an ACC school have reached out within the last 48 hours inquiring about his interest in joining them as an analyst/quality control coach.

I was told by a very informed (and remarkably good-looking) source that he was never contacted about the janitorial job in Shewey, let alone the OC job.

Reactions: AllEers6
He’s the special teams coordinator/outside linebackers coach at a G5, though that could change by the hour, as two Big 10 schools and an ACC school have reached out within the last 48 hours inquiring about his interest in joining them as an analyst/quality control coach.

I was told by a very informed (and remarkably good-looking) source that he was never contacted about the janitorial job in Shewey, let alone the OC job.
I'm looking forward to the day when the coach in question, happens to go up against the Herd. Will make for a great 'look-a-like' thread.

It would be nice if they would say SOMETHING about the progress. There is no harm in saying that "we have made significant progress and should be able to make an announcement within the next X". Gives away no secrets and doesn't jeopardize anyone's confidentiality. This has just been very agonizing. Any word from MH would be better than total silence.

I doubt it benefits anyone. If Mike Hamrick sneezes, people complain saying any competent AD would not have a cold.

They need a sign Affidavit that the new OC will run down on Special Teams his first 2 years here.

But I did here he did reach out in the past with Late night texts inquiring about previous positions in the Shewey.

But I did here he did reach out in the past with Late night texts inquiring about previous positions in the Shewey.
Who are you guys talking about? I cant find anybody by that name coaching anywhere, HS, College, P5, G5.

Great theory postulated by jete2 on the schedule thread:

Just a theory but has it occurred to anyone the reason Marshall has not announced the OC is the head coach at the OC’s former school has asked Doc not to until after the National Signing Day in February? I’m sure said school and head coach doesn’t want to lose recruits at the last second when they find out the OC who may have been their lead recruiter or a kid excited to play in his offense is leaving. We are not the only school in the country this is happening at when it comes to coordinators. As fast as Fuller is concerned, I have no idea why that promotion has not been announced.

I can't think of a way to poke holes in this one.............

WS

Great theory postulated by jete2 on the schedule thread:

Just a theory but has it occurred to anyone the reason Marshall has not announced the OC is the head coach at the OC’s former school has asked Doc not to until after the National Signing Day in February? I’m sure said school and head coach doesn’t want to lose recruits at the last second when they find out the OC who may have been their lead recruiter or a kid excited to play in his offense is leaving. We are not the only school in the country this is happening at when it comes to coordinators. As fast as Fuller is concerned, I have no idea why that promotion has not been announced.

I can't think of a way to poke holes in this one.............

WS

That would be one hell of a favor. This is recruiting season. Not having your OC hired means one less coach on the road recruiting. That impacts this class and next year’s class.

As much as a school doesn’t want to lose recruits by having it announced that their OC is leaving (which really isn’t a huge factor for most kids unless he’s a stud recruiter), thenither staff wouldn’t want to lose recruits by not having an OC in place to help draw in recruits.

According to the WV Gazette the OC has been elected pending a background check and that Dawson is not a candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT