ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Moss:

It was about them. The night before. They were able to hang out all they wanted.

Come on dude. You can’t be serious. You just like disagreeing with people, right? Because your logic here is just not solid at all.

Was this explained prior to or did they just come in and sweep everyone out? I was told this was not explained and when the game started the AD came in and just shut it down with no explanation that was going to happen prior to.

I have been led to believe everything was provided in regards to info. However, let’s say it wasn’t. Is that really enough for a group of grown adults to turn their back on their alma mater?

I don’t think they’ve turned their back but being irritated over that I can see. My buddy wouldn’t have sent his daughter to MU for nursing school if he was “turning his back” on MU.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Because their boy, who wanted to be the HC again, had his feelings hurt when the administration said thanks, but no thanks.
So, they all get mad and stay away. That Chad P is such a hot head. How about Moss and the other greats?

Seems like somebody down there has a PR issue.

Reactions: Marine03
This has nothing to do with “having a hard on for Doc”. This is 100 percent factual.

And the reunion. Hahaha. Catered to all weekend, get mad over two things..

1. Having the tailgate shut down right before kickoff.....gasp making them go into the actual game? How dare they

2. Not everyone of them got to stand on the field during the game. But they and their families all had free tickets.

This was Bob Pruett using Chuck Landon as his mouthpiece. It sucks because it nearly crushed Landon’s reputation forever. But Pruett doesn’t seem to care. Uses people and leaves them in the dust.

Like our program in 2004.

Reading the way some of you are buying into this is sickening.

You are riding the coat tails and hanging on every word from a team of 20 years ago. Most of which give nothing back monetarily to the program.

Sometime if you are bored, grab the rosters from the 1990’s. Then go get the members of the M club over the past 15 years. Tell me how many you see on that list. And that is just 50 bucks a year.

They want, want, want. Then when they get, get, get they want more, more, more.
Sounds like Marshall athletic dept was a cheap ass.

So the entire 96 squad along with other greats and teams are pissed and stay away.
Cmoooonnn mannnnn.

I have no idea why they "stay away," but I believe what my friend says over you, Marine, Chad P, Randy Moss, Bob Pruett, etc......

He is no longer employed by the university and continues to laugh when I tell him that fans doubt the story.

I have no idea why they "stay away," but I believe what my friend says over you, Marine, Chad P, Randy Moss, Bob Pruett, etc......

He is no longer employed by the university and continues to laugh when I tell him that fans doubt the story.

That’s your prerogative to do so, but I’ll believe my buddy over your friend and some homering Admin of the board

It sucks because it nearly crushed Landon’s reputation forever.

giphy.gif

That’s your prerogative to do so, but I’ll believe my buddy over your friend and some homering Admin of the board

I know. I should move hundreds of miles away and never attend games, practices, or university held functions so I can be one of the most informed posters on the board.

Reactions: goherd13
If I do rest assure I’ll post all that information on here without fear of the AD as my head won’t be shoved so far up his ass, as yours is.

Says the guy who touts his friendship with a former player.

Says the guys who touts his friendship with a former employer of MU.

They've been a lifelong family friend. My parents have been friends with his parents for probably 40 years or more.

It's not some random person, hence why I feel so strongly about this.

And it's employee......not employer.

I know. I should move hundreds of miles away and never attend games, practices, or university held functions so I can be one of the most informed posters on the board.

I could live in Tokyo and see how mediocre we have been.

They've been a lifelong family friend. My parents have been friends with his parents for probably 40 years or more.

I don’t care, I think he’s full of shit and is a homer the same as you. Sorry about the spellcheck on my I phone issue, but you get the point.

Does he have seats with you on the scoreboard side of the stadium?

The same guy who says he goes to every home game but didn’t know if his seats were on the press box or scoreboard side.
If I was that well connected I wouldn't be sitting in section 122. I would be eating caviar on the sideline.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Weren't you the one who said the 96 team or at least some of them wanted a different football coach?

No.

I said that Bob Pruett and Jim Justice conspired to have Doc removed.

The 96 team's part in the story only came at the hands of Pruett and Landon's article.

Reactions: pdbailey
No.

I said that Bob Pruett and Jim Justice conspired to have Doc removed.

The 96 team's part in the story only came at the hands of Pruett and Landon's article.
Thank god they didn’t succeed... Now we can be comfortable knowing Doc’s good for 2nd/3rd in the division and a bowl game. Hell, maybe he’ll really surprise us and win one of the remaining OOC games.

Thank god they didn’t succeed... Now we can be comfortable knowing Doc’s good for 2nd/3rd in the division and a bowl game. Hell, maybe he’ll really surprise us and win one of the remaining OOC games.

I am not a huge Doc fan, but also don't think he's done a bad job. My question would be who exactly would be a better hire? The grass isn't always greener in the other pasture.

I am not a huge Doc fan, but also don't think he's done a bad job. My question would be who exactly would be a better hire? The grass isn't always greener in the other pasture.

Thays the problem...Doc is good enough to make Marshall contend but not always guaranteed to win a title game.
We all saw 2016 as a disaster...could MU afford that with a new coach, new salary, new staff, and possibly endure that for how long?
The fanbase would collapse under its own complaining.
It reminds me when Southern Miss lost Fedora...while he wasn't particularly good, he auditioned himself good enough to leave...and in his final season, they were probably at their best.
Since then? Nothing to really show for it and what...a 1 win season?
Supoosedly they had to sell back their return home game with Nebraska to afford the buyout of their coach because he was that bad.
Then a head coach would come in, and win 7-8 games, not enough to cause fireworks, but enough for him to leave.
This is also in the weaker division of CUSA as well.
Southern Miss was constantly at a disadvantage because nobody could stay long enough to make the team into an actual team.

Currently, you're seeing it at WKU...you'd think they could hit a Home Run at least, following up the Grand Slam 2 years with douchebag coach now at wannabe MIT.
Now 0-2 against the FCS and what...2 coaches in 3 years?
Also, a dwindling fanbase that was already disinterested to begin with.

Many complain about Doc, he's not the best coach ever, but my god minus 2016, he has kept MU afloat and has done a much better job than people may want to credit him for (seriously, he's from wvu, get over it already).
Not many schools can recover from 3-9 as fast, or was well as he has. This is also in transition periods with a QB we all thought would graduate...with a starter with injuries and a backup QB who's shoulder (I think) wasn't quite healed.
Given all of that, it really hasn't been a terrible body of work.

Thays the problem...Doc is good enough to make Marshall contend but not always guaranteed to win a title game.
We all saw 2016 as a disaster...could MU afford that with a new coach, new salary, new staff, and possibly endure that for how long?
The fanbase would collapse under its own complaining.
It reminds me when Southern Miss lost Fedora...while he wasn't particularly good, he auditioned himself good enough to leave...and in his final season, they were probably at their best.
Since then? Nothing to really show for it and what...a 1 win season?
Supoosedly they had to sell back their return home game with Nebraska to afford the buyout of their coach because he was that bad.
Then a head coach would come in, and win 7-8 games, not enough to cause fireworks, but enough for him to leave.
This is also in the weaker division of CUSA as well.
Southern Miss was constantly at a disadvantage because nobody could stay long enough to make the team into an actual team.

Currently, you're seeing it at WKU...you'd think they could hit a Home Run at least, following up the Grand Slam 2 years with douchebag coach now at wannabe MIT.
Now 0-2 against the FCS and what...2 coaches in 3 years?
Also, a dwindling fanbase that was already disinterested to begin with.

Many complain about Doc, he's not the best coach ever, but my god minus 2016, he has kept MU afloat and has done a much better job than people may want to credit him for (seriously, he's from wvu, get over it already).
Not many schools can recover from 3-9 as fast, or was well as he has. This is also in transition periods with a QB we all thought would graduate...with a starter with injuries and a backup QB who's shoulder (I think) wasn't quite healed.
Given all of that, it really hasn't been a terrible body of work.

He’s been average

If you are consistently happy with 7 and 5 or 8 and 8 and 4 and second or third in the division then doc is your guy. Frankly, I think Marshall could do better.

He’s been average
You, sir, just lost all credibility w/me. "Average" in terms of previous Marshall Head Football Coaches? Where does Doc rank in terms of all-time wins? #2?
He will end up #1, depending on how long he chooses to stay...

BTW, here is a typical Boise fan reading this particular thread:

"My God, these are the most dysfunctional fans we have ever encountered! And we have seen some pretty low rent, babified (sp), crazed fan bases over the years. And we have to go over there next season? It appears if you just type nothing, they will destroy each other on their own. Yessir, mighty strange folk over there in Richmond....."

;)

Reactions: pdbailey
You, sir, just lost all credibility w/me. "Average" in terms of previous Marshall Head Football Coaches? Where does Doc rank in terms of all-time wins? #2?
He will end up #1, depending on how long he chooses to stay...

BTW, here is a typical Boise fan reading this particular thread:

"My God, these are the most dysfunctional fans we have ever encountered! And we have seen some pretty low rent, babified (sp), crazed fan bases over the years. And we have to go over there next season? It appears if you just type nothing, they will destroy each other on their own. Yessir, mighty strange folk over there in Richmond....."

;)

If Doc leaves here with the most wins he should have an asterisk beside his name

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT