ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of movies.

big_country90

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
Who's ready for Dumb and Dumber To this weekend???

I have been waiting 20 years for this sequel, as I feel Dumb and Dumber is the funniest comedy of all time. It's truly the role Jim Carey was meant to play. I know riflearm is excited. Who else?

I am excited, although due to my schedule I will probably have to wait until next week to see it.

I have never laughed as hard as I did when I saw the first D & D in the theater for the first time.

Day after tomorrow is good if your looking for something to watch at home. I think Dumb and Dumber has shown the best parts in the previews but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I love the movie for the depth of the dialogue...

Lloyd Christmas: I'll tell ya where. Some place warm. A place where the beer flows like wine and beautiful women instinctively flock that salmon of capastrano! I'm talking about a place called ASS-PEN!

Harry Dunne: I don't know Lloyd, the French are a**holes.

Originally posted by jackmob5225:

Day after tomorrow is good if your looking for something to watch at home. I think Dumb and Dumber has shown the best parts in the previews but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Day After Tomorrow was pretty good I thought. A really good rental if you want an action movie.

I really liked Day after Tommorow. It kind of got me searching out catastrophe genres. I really thought 2012 was the best of that genre. Sudden Impact was pretty good too. If you go to Netflix and search out these movies you'll find a ton of cheesy low budget stuff as well.

Make that Deep Impact...not the Clint Eastwood Sudden Impact. Lol.

I have read prescreening reviews on Dumb and Dumber To and the vast majority of reviews said it was absolutely hilarious and in no way a let down.

I'm pumped.

Gone Girl and St. Vincent are two excellent movies that I have seen within the last month. Both very well acted and produced.

Bill Murray is excellent in St. Vincent. I can see him getting some awards for his role in the film. jmo.

I watched nightcrawler (jake gyllenhaal) last night and john wicks today. The former was very good and well acted. The latter was shitty, as expected from a Keanu reeves movie, but had great reviews.

Originally posted by riflearm2:
I watched nightcrawler (jake gyllenhaal) last night and john wicks today. The former was very good and well acted. The latter was shitty, as expected from a Keanu reeves movie, but had great reviews.
You watched a movie during the day?

Originally posted by big_country90:
I have read prescreening reviews on Dumb and Dumber To and the vast majority of reviews said it was absolutely hilarious and in no way a let down.

I'm pumped.
Really, I've seen a couple less than stellar (& that's being generous) reviews.

Originally posted by i am herdman:
Originally posted by riflearm2:
You watched a movie during the day?
I was in a hotel from 8 am - 4 pm with no transportation. I checked out the stores within walking distance the day before and had plenty of time to kill.

Originally posted by mubaseballking:
A friend of mine went to see it and he walked out after 30 minutes and he usually loves stupid movies.
Rotten Tomatoes breaks their ratings down into three categories. Two are for critics & the third is the audience score. The large pool of critics have it at 27%, their top critics have it at 15% & the audience, who I have to believe is stoned out of their mind have it at 62%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT