ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

Comparing past Marshall coaches and current coaches should even contain an asterisk considering the new NIL game. If programs like Alabama suffer mass exodus of talent, mid tier program’s revolving doors are going to be nightmares when attempting to build consistency

Gotta love the wasted energy hating on someone who makes more money, is in a high position of power over you, and doesn't even know who you are.
First why do u assume all of this?
Second
How has changing baseball track coaches has helped anyone at MU other than CS?
Is baseball better?
Relative to track, other than the distance runners, who is still coached by Caleb , who has improved?
If we ran jumped etc to last yrs times w the returning vets we win the SBC indoor championship. Problem is other than the distance runners, no one is running to last yr times.

Second
Is baseball better?
Relative to track, other than the distance runners, who is still coached by Caleb , who has improved?
If we ran jumped etc to last yrs times w the returning vets we win the SBC indoor championship. Problem is other than the distance runners, no one is running to last yr times.
So you’re an insubordinate?

Reactions: Herdguy04
Doc one title in 11 years. Dan one in 10. Not sure even the most patient person would be good with that. They shouldn't be. We here to compete for titles or just show up and play?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Second
Is baseball better?

Why do I assume it? I don't need to assume when every post you make is spiteful towards CS and most, have you sweating at resisting the urge to just say terroristic levels of hatred.
It's obvious you hate the guy and the reasoning is asinine.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Comparing past Marshall coaches and current coaches should even contain an asterisk considering the new NIL game. If programs like Alabama suffer mass exodus of talent, mid tier program’s revolving doors are going to be nightmares when attempting to build consistency

People hate me that I wouldn't mind 8 win seasons with an occasional championship appearance in there.
Given what many programs (P5 included) have to endure...3-4 seasons of 5 wins and 2 coaches hired/fired from them...8 wins sounds pretty amazing.

To follow up on your point, Washington just had a historical season and just after the NC game, their team is now completely gutted.

Why do I assume it? I don't need to assume when every post you make is spiteful towards CS and most, have you sweating at resisting the urge to just say terroristic levels of hatred.
It's obvious you hate the guy and the reasoning is asinine.
I can’t figure out why anyone would support the the feckless bureaucrate

Second
Is baseball better?
So you're justification for just keeping people is that their perspective replacements were worse or as bad. Still doesn't change the fact that those in the job were not performing. The subsequent hires weren't improvements, but that doesn't negate the necessity for change.

His hire in WBB paid dividends.

Doc one title in 11 years. Dan one in 10. Not sure even the most patient person would be good with that. They shouldn't be. We here to compete for titles or just show up and play?
Losers and people with no aspirations are good with it. Also people that make coaches their friends. Which is just weird. In no other business are you permitted to keep your job for a decade if you aren't performing as intended upon your hire. However people tend to put coaches on pedestals and worship them. They're employees hired to do a job and they are paid handsomely for that job. If they aren't performing then they need to be replaced.

Huff was hired to win championships. He wasn't hired to maybe win 10 games. Unless 2024, the last year of his contract, end in a championship he needs to be fired. Doc and Dan both needed to be let go 2-3 seasons earlier than they eventually were.

Losers and people with no aspirations are good with it. Also people that make coaches their friends. Which is just weird. In no other business are you permitted to keep your job for a decade if you aren't performing as intended upon your hire. However people tend to put coaches on pedestals and worship them. They're employees hired to do a job and they are paid handsomely for that job. If they aren't performing then they need to be replaced.

Huff was hired to win championships. He wasn't hired to maybe win 10 games. Unless 2024, the last year of his contract, end in a championship he needs to be fired. Doc and Dan both needed to be let go 2-3 seasons earlier than they eventually were.
I'll be shocked if Huff is our coach in 2025, regardless how this season plays out.

So you're justification for just keeping people is that their perspective replacements were worse or as bad. Still doesn't change the fact that those in the job were not performing. The subsequent hires weren't improvements, but that doesn't negate the necessity for change.

Why do you think they weren’t performing? T&F had a great 2023. Sent people to the nationals
25% of the HOF inductees are from the old T&F coach
WBB needed a new coach as the old one resigned

If CH is 500 or better he stays. Not saying he deserves to, just the way I see things we will see
If he gets an extension for anything less than a double digit win season then I am out. I don't even think he deserves one without a championship, but if he wins less than 10 games and gets an extension then that is a signal that we're not even trying to be good. Like that time we extended Mark Snyder.

Played in 3 title games in 11 years.
He won one.

As I have said, if MU isn't playing in a title game, I'd prefer them to be competitive and win 8-10, which they mostly did.

MU can't even get that with Huff.

"BUT...BUT...TRACK!!!! SPEARS IS EVIL!!!"

Yet you fail to mention how NIL and the current landscape of college sports is going to make consistency playing in championships, even more difficult than it currently is.

For the umphtine time CS has no say on keeping CH or not. His job is to keep the waste cans in order
Over seen the building of the baseball stadium? Please

I love how absolutely nobody agrees with you 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love how absolutely nobody agrees with you 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Just because ‘nobody’ agrees w me doesn’t make them right. It’s a fact the HFC MBB coach answer to the president not the AD. The AD only job relative to CH is to get him coffee in the AM

Played in 3 title games in 11 years.
He won one.

As I have said, if MU isn't playing in a title game, I'd prefer them to be competitive and win 8-10, which they mostly did.

MU can't even get that with Huff.
Not to turn this into a Doc thread but Doc didn't have a winning regular season his first three years. We had some of the biggest blow out losses at home under him. Not to mention the worst season in over 3 decades in 2016. He won an average of just over 7 games a year. Yes, he brought consistency but lost the edge after 2014 and we were pretty much very average to bad every year thereafter. 2020 was a freak year - so that has to have an asterisk beside.
But, yeah, Huff isn't good at this point. Poor selection by the BOG and Gilbert. jmho

Not to turn this into a Doc thread but Doc...
It's not your fault, but, yet again, its a "Doc thread".

Fans of the cabal have nothing positive to say about CH, and nothing positive that really matters (MEN's BASKETBALL and FOOTBALL) about CS.

Both were bad hires. That simple. The right thing to do is just admit that, oppose the cabal, and plan for the post CH and post CS eras at Marshall University.

But, some cannot just have that simple courtesy. So its Doc this, and Doc that and but Doc this other thing and Mike this and Mike that.

The Doc era and the MH era are OVER. You can have whatever opinion of them you want to, but that is like having an opinion of Nixon or Carter and applying it to current events.

The discussion is CH, and the discussion is CS. Not Mike, or KO, or Lance West, or Judy Southard or whoever. Not Doc, nor Bobby, nor Sonny, nor Cam.

Fire CH.

Fire CS.

Reactions: sluggo72
Not to turn this into a Doc thread but Doc didn't have a winning regular season his first three years. We had some of the biggest blow out losses at home under him. Not to mention the worst season in over 3 decades in 2016. He won an average of just over 7 games a year. Yes, he brought consistency but lost the edge after 2014 and we were pretty much very average to bad every year thereafter. 2020 was a freak year - so that has to have an asterisk beside.
But, yeah, Huff isn't good at this point. Poor selection by the BOG and Gilbert. jmho

What are you talking about? He won a bowl game in his 2nd year and made the conference championship game in his 4th year.
All while turning around a program that didn't have his athletes.
It took Snyder 5 years just to get to .500 and he had better players!
Couple the worst home losses into just 2016. Yeah, MU got blown out in other games, but I don't think this'll be the last time that happens.
Also, if you're going to remember someone for blowout losses over wins, and frankly, the last time MU won a conference title, then you're beyond reasoning.

I get you didn't like him, but to disregard reason over opinion is a dumb thing to do and given what is going on right now, it's crazy to think the most loyal coach to MU played for wvu.
Even I'll admit Dan coached Elmore up and Peneva as well, because those two guys weren't high on anyone's radar. Despite me not a fan of Dan's.

Now, 8 wins a season looks pretty damn impressive compared to the current regime. G5's and most P5's will struggle to keep up too. Unless MU finds a flash in the pan, and hope that flash is bright because as Kim showed us, MU really is a "stepping stone" and that literally means they will move on without a blink of an eye.

Yet you fail to mention how NIL and the current landscape of college sports is going to make consistency playing in championships, even more difficult than it currently is.
I didn't say that or insinuate that at all. The point is that Huff was hired to elevate the program and he has not done so. He has eroded the program. He was hired to be better than what we had and he has not done that so in turn he has failed. Just getting to 8-10 wins is not extension worthy. Especially when his calling card was recruiting and he has struggled to recruit.

I didn't say that or insinuate that at all. The point is that Huff was hired to elevate the program and he has not done so. He has eroded the program. He was hired to be better than what we had and he has not done that so in turn he has failed. Just getting to 8-10 wins is not extension worthy. Especially when his calling card was recruiting and he has struggled to recruit.
This, but in this new age of things I don’t see them getting rid of him if he’s .500 or better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT