ADVERTISEMENT

Such a lack of understanding

I'm doing the only legal thing I can do to keep lying idiots like you out of office.
giphy.gif

Also slavery.

What are slave states??? And when was the Union formed? I was in Boston this past week and many there were protesting New England's role in slavery and the slave trade...

I think it is important to realize that when the Founders came up with the EC they did not know we would have the two party system as we do today.

They did understand the foundational importance of the Electoral College to prevent the larger, more populous states to dominate political and policy positions, same as today. As I have often said yet you seemingly fail to acknowledge, there is really nothing new under the sun. Human nature is human nature.

Raoul, bringing up slavery when we’re talking 1780, not 1860. Why straw man that in to the conversation? The electoral college was established because 4 of the original states comprised 50% of the population.

They did understand the foundational importance of the Electoral College to prevent the larger, more populous states to dominate political and policy positions
They were initially more concerned with the question of should Congress choose the Executive. Recall, at that time most of the states had their legislatures choose the governor.

Southern delegates were concerned that northern states would overwhelm their interests. I wonder what those interests were, hmmm....Of course, VA and NC were quite populous, but a lot of that was slaves, hence the 3/5s compromise.

We have bastardized the role of the EC, with winner take all rules and forcing electors to follow the will of the people, which the Founders did not trust. And any notion of the EC being a circuit breaker against installing morons or madmen has long since been flushed.

I'd say that in their eyes, if we are going to let women and blacks vote we might as well have direct election, we've done fvcked it up.

The EC was a compromise, made in the last two weeks of the Convention. Madison said it was sloppy and would need revisited.
What are slave states??? And when was the Union formed? I was in Boston this past week and many there were protesting New England's role in slavery and the slave trade...
That is a funny state to mention. Any guess as to number of slaves in MA when the Constitution was written? You can check the 1790 Census for the answer.
Raoul, bringing up slavery when we’re talking 1780, not 1860. Why straw man that in to the conversation?
Slavery, and the political implications thereof, were a big part of the Constitutional Convention. 3/5s Compromise, etc. Abolitionism was already a strong force in the north, what with the Quakers.

Sorta related but fun fact: when the colony of Georgia was founded, slavery was illegal there.

They were initially more concerned with the question of should Congress choose the Executive. Recall, at that time most of the states had their legislatures choose the governor.

And until 1913 state legislations elected our senators. Not all change is good.

Southern delegates were concerned that northern states would overwhelm their interests. I wonder what those interests were, hmmm...

Hmmm... Tariffs???

That is a funny state to mention. Any guess as to number of slaves in MA when the Constitution was written? You can check the 1790 Census for the answer.

Funny, I thought Boston was a city...

I believe that Census about as much as I believe the story behind the 2 a.m. vote drops...

And what about the slave ships operating out of New England? Leave for Africa empty, drop off the slaves in West Indies and return flush with cash???

Funny, I thought Boston was a city...
Funny, I thought someone posting in a thread about government would understand that cities are in states, and states make laws on trade within a state.
I believe that Census about as much as I believe the story behind the 2 a.m. vote drops...
Please give an argument for why you do not trust the 1790 census numbers in MA, and cite sources.
And what about the slave ships operating out of New England?
We are talking about post 1780 Massachusetts law, not who owned ships. There were a series of state court proceedings that culminated in the effective illegality of slavery in MA in 1783.

Again, my point is abolitionism was gaining steam in the North when the US Constitution was drafted. Obviously this was of great concern to states with a large number of slaves and economies centered on that, and influenced many discussions at the Convention.

Funny, I thought someone posting in a thread about government would understand that cities are in states, and states make laws on trade within a state.

Funny, I thought you, being as smart as you like to tell us, would respond to my reference to a city like this...

"That is a funny city to mention. Any guess...in MA..."

Please give an argument for why you do not trust the 1790 census numbers in MA, and cite sources.

Funny, since your firearms were lost in a boating accident I thought you might understand... Did you not check for "servants" on the census or did they not list those???

We are talking about post 1780 Massachusetts law, not who owned ships. There were a series of state court proceedings that culminated in the effective illegality of slavery in MA in 1783.

Inconvenient truth? Again not a morality play. Those in the Northern States used slavery, slave ships, slave trading and indentured servitude for financial gain.

Again, my point is abolitionism was gaining steam in the North when the US Constitution was drafted. Obviously this was of great concern to states with a large number of slaves and economies centered on that, and influenced many discussions at the Convention.

And where have I ever said otherwise? All I have ever said was this wasn't the great morality play by the North that the history revisionists give us. It was more of a power play tied to financial interests.

so, let me get this straight, are the two biggest idiots on the board (raoul and greed) saying there was ZERO fraud in the 2020 election?

try google, you'll find some. morons

Funny, I thought you, being as smart as you like to tell us, would respond to my reference to a city like this...

"That is a funny city to mention. Any guess...in MA..."

Funny, since your firearms were lost in a boating accident I thought you might understand... Did you not check for "servants" on the census or did they not list those???

Inconvenient truth? Again not a morality play. Those in the Northern States used slavery, slave ships, slave trading and indentured servitude for financial gain.

And where have I ever said otherwise? All I have ever said was this wasn't the great morality play by the North that the history revisionists give us. It was more of a power play tied to financial interests.
Fvck it, I'll just quote it all, the multi-quote function has taken a momentary dump.

Most anyone would assume by Boston you mean MA. Do you even know a Boston KY exists? As a KY hick, you likely do...and as the odd Indiana hick with a lot of KY knowledge, I do too. I will guess 99.99999999% of Americans would assume Massachusetts. Thus I do not know why you are blabbering on.

Servants were fine! Indentured servitude or paid servants. Hell, paid servants is pretty much what most people are today, we get paid to serve the interests of someone else. And we practically do indentured servitude today with work visas. Perhaps you are starting to question capitalism. I will send you a copy of Das Kapital, DM me your address....do you want a fresh copy, or mine that has lots of underlines and margin notes? I haven't read it in years, you are welcome to it.

Abolitionism was a moral movement, there is no doubt about that. Were there people who did not want to compete with slave labor? Of course! But most of them were poor white trash, and they've never mattered anyways.

Southern Indiana has a fairly fascinating abolitionist history, you should look into it.

so, let me get this straight, are the two biggest idiots on the board (raoul and greed) saying there was ZERO fraud in the 2020 election?

try google, you'll find some. morons
Statistically insignificant fraud that did not alter the outcome the election. There will always be a few idiots that do dumb shit, intentional or not, when there are millions of people involved. When I lived in Cabell County, every single election saw some votes thrown out in canvassing. Were all of those elections stolen?

Answer me this, slap nuts: why would 80+ judges agree that you, and your great Orangeman, are full of shit? That legal effort was the equivalent of the 2017 Browns. O-FER, LOSERS.

Most anyone would assume by Boston you mean MA. Do you even know a Boston KY exists?

Hmmm, I believe the reference to New England might have been a telling clue Sherlock...

And Paris, and London, and Glasgow, etc...

I was in Boston this past week and many there were protesting New England's role in slavery and the slave trade...

And we practically do indentured servitude today with work visas.

Not even close...

Southern Indiana has a fairly fascinating abolitionist history, you should look into it.

And later Indiana had another fascinating history...

Abolitionism was a moral movement, there is no doubt about that.

So tell me, do you not think pro-life is a moral movement as well?

That is a funny state to mention.

This gets better. I just noticed something. You start, in your own words, blabbering about MA when I mention Boston AND New England...

I was in Boston this past week and many there were protesting New England's role in slavery and the slave trade...

Dude, I was talking about New England as a whole, not just Boston or MA.

Reading comprehension. Practice it...

Forced pregnancy nonsense

Those deriding abortion bans falsely claim treatments necessary to save the mother, such as in cases of ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages, will be prohibited. In doing so, they ignore the definition of an abortion: the intentional killing of an innocent human life. Ectopic pregnancies, which occur when an embryo implants outside the uterus where it cannot survive, can truly be fatal to the mother. The goal in treating them is not taking a life. It is to save the life of the mother when there is no way to save the baby. It’s not an abortion, and it’s not prohibited.

Treatment for women who have experienced miscarriages is likewise not in jeopardy, even when treatments use similar techniques as abortions, like a dilation and suction procedure or medication. Treating a pregnancy loss is, again, far different from inducing an abortion. Even in cases in which the pregnancy poses a threat, it does not necessitate abortion. Leading OB/GYNs acknowledge that separating the mother and fetus can be done without intentionally seeking to kill the child.

Speaking of Indiana, have they let any blacks move into Crawford County yet?
According to Census data, there are approximately 21 black folks in Crawford County. Not bad for a rural county that voted 70% for Trump.

I've always said Crawford County is like someone dropped a chunk of Appalachia into Indiana. You would feel right at home there.

Only parts of Michigan... Namely Detroit...
There is an actual Hell in Michigan. I've been there! I've been to one Michigan football game, and I made sure on Sunday morning I went to Hell.

I knew of Hell for Certain, but I have not been there. I probably should visit before we move, just to say I did. I like those day trips to nowhere just for the sheer HELL of it :cool:

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT