ADVERTISEMENT

Suicide Bomber Strikes Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, UK

Has anyone heard how someone so metallic got through security? Or do they not wand at concerts there?

I have been to this tour in Tulsa and Dallas. At one, they had a metal detector. At the other, they checked bags and used a wand on everyone that came through. Many times, artists will have certain security measures demanded in the tour riders. I would be really surprised if wanding every single person wasn't the at least a minimum requirement.

Has anyone heard how someone so metallic got through security? Or do they not wand at concerts there?

What if he had credentials such as maintenance worker, staff, etc. Or maybe he had a job there. Bomb could have been hidden for a few days. Or he had some type of pass to go around security.

What if he had credentials such as maintenance worker, staff, etc. Or maybe he had a job there. Bomb could have been hidden for a few days. Or he had some type of pass to go around security.

Most of these larger venues have dogs that sniff before opening doors to the public. I have seen concession workers have to go through security. I don't know if security, ushers, etc. do it or not.

Are there ways to get around it? Sure, but it isn't easy. I can't imagine a young 20s guy by himself with darker complexion gets a free pass at security. I usually have all-access passes given to me. Still, unless I actually walk off of the bus with the artist into the venue, I am still forced to go through security even with the pass.

One thing that I know is an easy hole is the wands. Many times, they go to about your knee and up to your shoulders. I could easily have a handgun in my boots and take it out right after security. That is the easiest hole I have seen that could be exploited. Then, again, I accidentally boarded a plane with a loaded handgun in my carry-on, and the TSA folks at Reagan missed it during the scan.

Most of these larger venues have dogs that sniff before opening doors to the public. I have seen concession workers have to go through security. I don't know if security, ushers, etc. do it or not.

Are there ways to get around it? Sure, but it isn't easy. I can't imagine a young 20s guy by himself with darker complexion gets a free pass at security. I usually have all-access passes given to me. Still, unless I actually walk off of the bus with the artist into the venue, I am still forced to go through security even with the pass.

One thing that I know is an easy hole is the wands. Many times, they go to about your knee and up to your shoulders. I could easily have a handgun in my boots and take it out right after security. That is the easiest hole I have seen that could be exploited. Then, again, I accidentally boarded a plane with a loaded handgun in my carry-on, and the TSA folks at Reagan missed it during the scan.
you got lucky...

I think he had an accomplice let him in.

Shit, you can't even sneak in a lighter anymore. Last concert I smoked at I had to sneak in matches in my wallet with a joint. Times have changed when you have to do spy-shit to spark a J at a metal concert. And that was 2002, it's even stricter now IMO, even banning vapes. Come on, you can't make much of a bomb with that small a battery.

You guys are assuming he suffered through the entire Ariana grande concert. He could have been hanging out outside then walked right in as people were exiting.

Sounds like the bomber knew he couldn't get past security so he carried out the attack just outside the arena:

The attack appears to have taken place in the walkway between the stadium and Victoria Station, suggesting that the perpetrator may have felt that the level of security in the stadium itself posed too high a risk to the success of his operation to carry it out inside,” said security analyst Daniel Falkiner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-even-the-best-protection-cant-stop-attacks/

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I think he had an accomplice let him in.

Shit, you can't even sneak in a lighter anymore. Last concert I smoked at I had to sneak in matches in my wallet with a joint. Times have changed when you have to do spy-shit to spark a J at a metal concert. And that was 2002, it's even stricter now IMO, even banning vapes. Come on, you can't make much of a bomb with that small a battery.

I got a quarter ounce of weed into a concert last year but then again it was a concert in California.

I got a quarter ounce of weed into a concert last year but then again it was a concert in California.

It isn't the weed that's a problem. It was the lighter. The venue did not allow lighters. That was right after 9/11 so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't smoke anything anymore so I don't know what it is allowed now.

It isn't the weed that's a problem. It was the lighter. The venue did not allow lighters. That was right after 9/11 so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't smoke anything anymore so I don't know what it is allowed now.

Maybe it was just that venue as I have been to many concerts at MSG, The Barclays, and MetLife stadium and have seen a ton of lighters

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT