ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Morning Rewind

IslandHerd1

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2012
Lowcountry
Saturday’s loss to NC State felt like one we shouldn’t have taken.

Bad special teams KO coverage gave NC St the short field several drives.

Defense was in the worst position possible on several inexplicable big plays; a recurring theme for Semore who I think is in over his head—he was a good LB position coach at a school that’s not a good football program, GT.

NC State lost to Notre Dame, should’ve beat Louisville but blew it and then Louisville hammers Notre Dame last night. Not sure what this says about where our team stands but interesting nonetheless.

I think our talent level is pretty high and that makes the loss and amount of points we gave up even more aggravating but maybe NC State will be a 9 win team by seasons end.

Fancher had a good game, I think he can be better. Some bad drops by WR’s might have been a difference maker in the outcome as would awareness of the marker on Cam’s last scramble out of bounds. I think Fancher is and will be better than Cato was.

I think the coaching staff did some things great yesterday on offense. OC gets a B+. That 2nd and 1 was bad enough though to almost consider dropping the grade to a D.

STC gets a C and DC gets an F-. Huff has some decisions to make.

Going to need (2) more RB’s to get into rotation routinely, huge mistake so far not having guys get in game reps. Hopefully we don’t lose Ali for the next 2 games or worse.

4-1 heading into conference play, this team could win out. If they do they’d still have to be considered the top non-collusion conference team in the nation — that’d be interesting to see play out.

How’s everyone see the remainder of our schedule going for the Herd?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News