ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court paves way for Trump administration to use military funds for border wall

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
The 2.5 billion for the wall is more important than the program funds for personnel and recruiting, Minuteman III and air launch cruise missiles, E-3 aircraft upgrades and the Afghan security forces training fund.:rolleyes:

The 2.5 billion for the wall is more important than the program funds for personnel and recruiting, Minuteman III and air launch cruise missiles, E-3 aircraft upgrades and the Afghan security forces training fund.:rolleyes:
And, you called me a "war pig"?

Let’s remember something. Trump has won almost every single legal battle brought against him since he became president. It was just a matter of time before this ruling came down, and just a matter of time before he’s given the complete and full go ahead with no more obstruction. That’s what generally happens when you’re on the right side of the law and the other side is simply suing as a delay tactic.

Let’s remember something. Trump has won almost every single legal battle brought against him since he became president. It was just a matter of time before this ruling came down, and just a matter of time before he’s given the complete and full go ahead with no more obstruction. That’s what generally happens when you’re on the right side of the law and the other side is simply suing as a delay tactic.

You're a complete nutjob.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...p-losses-fred-barbash-washington-post-q-and-a

https://truthout.org/articles/trump...cent-of-lawsuits-over-illegal-policy-changes/

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/tru...90-percent-of-deregulation-court-battles.html

Check his Supreme Court record, Xenu.

This is what you said, idiot...."Trump has won almost every single legal battle brought against him since he became president." I've shown that to be an absolutely stupid thing to say. Now, why don't you provide a link showing the results of cheetos Supreme Court decisions.

This is what you said, idiot...."Trump has won almost every single legal battle brought against him since he became president." I've shown that to be an absolutely stupid thing to say. Now, why don't you provide a link showing the results of cheetos Supreme Court decisions.

The legal battle doesn’t end until the Supreme Court decides, dummy. His winning percentage there is pretty high.

Reactions: 19MU88
In before rifle’s 4 page diatribe explaining what a stay is, mentioning how he passed the LSAT and all.

If you are jumping on the bandwagon of nullifying this stay, yeah you could probably use an explanation.

Saying the Sierra Club has "no cause of action to obtain review" isn't a ruling of the merits of if the Executive Branch can totally fvck Congress on appropriation.

My favorite way of looking at the law is, what would I think if the "other side" used what I wanted. For example, when you Bible Thumpers want your religious views codified into law, I ask myself if you, or I, would like it if the Muslims did that. And in this way of thinking, ask yourself if you would like it if a liberal POTUS used money in some way that was totally against what a conservative House, and Congress, legislated. Of course you would be bent out of shape.

The Constitution is clear: Congress has the power of the purse.

Eventually SCOTUS will rule for Congress in this issue, in the suit the House has filed. Why? Because the conservative justices do NOT want to give that power to the Executive, which they know will not always have a conservative POTUS. "Climate change is a national security issue, let's divert a bunch of the Defense budget!" Yeah, no.

If you are jumping on the bandwagon of nullifying this stay, yeah you could probably use an explanation.

Saying the Sierra Club has "no cause of action to obtain review" isn't a ruling of the merits of if the Executive Branch can totally fvck Congress on appropriation.

My favorite way of looking at the law is, what would I think if the "other side" used what I wanted. For example, when you Bible Thumpers want your religious views codified into law, I ask myself if you, or I, would like it if the Muslims did that. And in this way of thinking, ask yourself if you would like it if a liberal POTUS used money in some way that was totally against what a conservative House, and Congress, legislated. Of course you would be bent out of shape.

The Constitution is clear: Congress has the power of the purse.

Eventually SCOTUS will rule for Congress in this issue, in the suit the House has filed. Why? Because the conservative justices do NOT want to give that power to the Executive, which they know will not always have a conservative POTUS. "Climate change is a national security issue, let's divert a bunch of the Defense budget!" Yeah, no.
I don’t care either way but i thought this was money already allocated to the defense dept for narcotics enforcement

Last edited:
It needs to be allocated for the wall if Trump wants to spend it on the wall, period.

Perhaps. But Congress granted the president the authority to do exactly what Trump did. He is with well within his legal rights, hence the reason he’s winning/will win this fight.

My favorite way of looking at the law is, what would I think if the "other side" used what I wanted. For example, when you Bible Thumpers want your religious views codified into law, I ask myself if you, or I, would like it if the Muslims did that.

This deserves to be repeated and shows exactly why both sides need to have their power limited.

Do you really not understand the concept of appropriations?

I don’t disagree with you in actuality. But, the National Emergencies Act was passed over 40 years ago. Trump has full, legal authority to do what he did. That’s not his fault.

I don’t disagree with you in actuality. But, the National Emergencies Act was passed over 40 years ago. Trump has full, legal authority to do what he did. That’s not his fault.

I also believe that will be struck down. You now have fives Federalist Society jerks on the bench. Stretch the case and take it all down.

If it’s open ended for drug enforcement then I don’t see anything wrong with it

The US military is not supposed to be doing law enforcement on American land, excepting military bases of course. I'll mark that down as another fundamental conservative principle flushed down the Trump toilet.

The US military is not supposed to be doing law enforcement on American land, excepting military bases of course. I'll mark that down as another fundamental conservative principle flushed down the Trump toilet.
They can support law enforcement and the National Guard in certain cases can do more in that area in their states. The US military can certainly be used to protect the border. They military has been supporting the border patrol for decades.

Reactions: 19MU88
They can support law enforcement and the National Guard in certain cases can do more in that area in their states. The US military can certainly be used to protect the border. They military has been supporting the border patrol for decades.
Thx for straightening him out. He was going Greed stupid there for a bit.

Thanks for the help I Am Bigot, my head is spinning.

tenor.gif

The National Guard is not active military.

IMO military support of USBP is illegal except for monitoring of the border.

The National Guard is not active military.

IMO military support of USBP is illegal except for monitoring of the border.

So helping provide logistics, training, equipment, helping build facilities, etc are illegal? They were doing that during the Clinton era(maybe before). In addition, the military could be used for national emergencies or humanitarian crisis on the border. We have used active duty troops during hurricanes and riots before.

So helping provide logistics, training, equipment, helping build facilities, etc are illegal? They were doing that during the Clinton era(maybe before). In addition, the military could be used for national emergencies or humanitarian crisis on the border. We have used active duty troops during hurricanes and riots before.

I am unquestionably opposed to active military quelling riots. That is a law enforcement action.

I am just as opposed to USBP acting as babysitters. That is not what those officers signed up for.

Unless the Army has Ford Raptors, Border Patrol doesn't need their vehicles. Out of service vehicles can of course be transfered.

USBP can do their own training. They have a unique mission.

Facilities should be built by qualified builders. Your idea sounds like communism to me.

Define logistics.

If the military can move in supplies in huge natural disasters, that's great, especially if the Guard is overwhelmed. But at no time should they do law enforcement on civilian land.

I am unquestionably opposed to active military quelling riots. That is a law enforcement action.

I am just as opposed to USBP acting as babysitters. That is not what those officers signed up for.

Unless the Army has Ford Raptors, Border Patrol doesn't need their vehicles. Out of service vehicles can of course be transfered.

USBP can do their own training. They have a unique mission.

Facilities should be built by qualified builders. Your idea sounds like communism to me.

Define logistics.

If the military can move in supplies in huge natural disasters, that's great, especially if the Guard is overwhelmed. But at no time should they do law enforcement on civilian land.

LA Riots? You think the LAPD and even California Hwy Patrol could have handled that? You would let a major city burn?

New Orleans after Katrina? Or Hurricane Andrew in Florida? 82nd Airborne went in to those places. US Special Forces even participated keeping communications up and keeping lawlessness at hand.

At no time is a big statement.

And, apparently the border patrol can't do it all as the migration patterns would overwhelm them.

Logistics, flying or getting supplies in.

I almost got to go in the early 90's to Arizona, but got stuck doing something else. They went down and assisted border patrol.

Last edited:
LA Riots? You think the LAPD and even California Hwy Patrol could have handled that? You would let a major city burn?

LA has 9k cops. CHP has over 7k cops. Shoot the damn rioters. 16k cops with long guns and orders to shoot to kill would put a stop to shit real fast. Hell, those Koreans put a stop to it on their blocks real fast.

New Orleans after Katrina? Or Hurricane Andrew in Florida? 82nd Airborne went in to those places. US Special Forces even participated keeping communications up and keeping lawlessness at hand.

Fvck 'em. Call in the Guard for law enforcement...oh wait, W had them all in the sandbox. We don't get the fvcking Airborne when we have a tornado. We sit out in front of our place with a shotgun. Other states sent NOLA cops, that was nice of them and a great idea.

Logistics, flying or getting supplies in.

Jesus, how much shit does the USBP need?

La cops couldn't handle it.

National guard could not handle it all. Nothing to do with the sandbox. It was too big

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT