ADVERTISEMENT

Sustain the swamp: Hundreds of lobbyists swim through Trump’s administration

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
When President Trump first incorporated his pledge to “drain the swamp” into his campaign speeches in October 2016, he told audiences that he’d been lukewarm on the slogan at first.

“You know,” he told an audience in North Carolina, “I said that about a week ago and I didn’t like it that much, didn’t sound that great. And the whole world picked it up.”

. “So drain the swamp, I didn’t like it, now I love it, right?”

One might have thought at the time that Trump didn’t initially like the slogan because it was corny or off message. But now it seems fairer to assume that he didn’t like the slogan because he didn’t actually mind the swamp one bit.

Data provided to The Post ...dentifies over 350 individuals who’ve worked as lobbyists who currently work in the administration, have worked in it or have been nominated to serve in Trump’s administration. ...they’ve represented more than 2,800 companies at one point or another, according to lobbying registration documents. Nearly 200 of them now served or have been nominated to serve in divisions of government that they once lobbied.

There are 33 companies or organizations that each have at least five former lobbyists who made their way into the Trump administration.

But, to be fair to Trump, he never really liked that “drain the swamp" line anyway.

JTDPOVQ6F5EFPIET4HERRC4K4E.jpg

LR75SCK7ZVFZPI5KMSJOIE6RKA.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...trumps-administration/?utm_term=.bd330f55f6a1

When President Trump first incorporated his pledge to “drain the swamp” into his campaign speeches in October 2016, he told audiences that he’d been lukewarm on the slogan at first.

“You know,” he told an audience in North Carolina, “I said that about a week ago and I didn’t like it that much, didn’t sound that great. And the whole world picked it up.”

. “So drain the swamp, I didn’t like it, now I love it, right?”

One might have thought at the time that Trump didn’t initially like the slogan because it was corny or off message. But now it seems fairer to assume that he didn’t like the slogan because he didn’t actually mind the swamp one bit.

Data provided to The Post ...dentifies over 350 individuals who’ve worked as lobbyists who currently work in the administration, have worked in it or have been nominated to serve in Trump’s administration. ...they’ve represented more than 2,800 companies at one point or another, according to lobbying registration documents. Nearly 200 of them now served or have been nominated to serve in divisions of government that they once lobbied.

There are 33 companies or organizations that each have at least five former lobbyists who made their way into the Trump administration.

But, to be fair to Trump, he never really liked that “drain the swamp" line anyway.

JTDPOVQ6F5EFPIET4HERRC4K4E.jpg

LR75SCK7ZVFZPI5KMSJOIE6RKA.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...trumps-administration/?utm_term=.bd330f55f6a1
You’ve got him now !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT