ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor/Handlogten

ilmherdfan

Gold Buffalo
Mar 11, 2007
Was curious to see how they were doing since they defected.

Taylor is on the bench most of the time. Averaging 13 minutes per game, 4 points, and shooting 31%.

Handlogten is much better. He’s starting and playing 21 minutes per game, scoring 10, and getting 8.5 rebounds. He is shooting 70%.

I’m still salty about both of them leaving but more so with Taylor. I hope he is getting paid well because he certainly isn’t getting any more of a spotlight.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Handlogten had one game that brought those stats down. Had a couple of really strong games.

Was trying to find an article I read about Mississippi State basketball. Will keep looking. Head coach was raving about Jimmy Bell Jr. Said Andy Taylor was having a rough transition and they are working on his defense so they can get him some playing time for his offense.

Here is a recent SI article about Mississippi State.

I found this statement by Coach Jans interesting:

Do you see Andrew Taylor settling in more now that you’ve got these three games under your belt?

“Yeah, I think so. He’s getting more comfortable on the court. There’s new surroundings and a new role. He had a different role at Marshall. He could shoot almost any ball he wanted, and there’s no consequences, where around here that’s not the situation. We’re trying to take our best shot, work together on offense and take shots that make sense for us. There’s definitely an adjustment.”

Do you see Andrew Taylor settling in more now that you’ve got these three games under your belt?

“Yeah, I think so. He’s getting more comfortable on the court. There’s new surroundings and a new role. He had a different role at Marshall. He could shoot almost any ball he wanted, and there’s no consequences, where around here that’s not the situation. We’re trying to take our best shot, work together on offense and take shots that make sense for us. There’s definitely an adjustment.”
You could certainly see that last year. It was like he was playing for the Globetrotters.

It’s called “coaching.”

• Love
Reactions: HerdGrad1999

That quote sums up our malaise in hoops....take absurd shots with no accountability!

Those of you hating on Taylor for taking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get paid are morons. Kid wasn't going pro and had a chance to set himself up for financial stability for maybe the first time in his life and he took it. No different than a kid bolting for the NBA or NFL. The entire purpose of going to college is to get an education so you can make money. That's what he did, and gave Marshall basketball several good years in the process. Some of you need to get off your high horses and stop being whiny bitches.

Those of you hating on Taylor for taking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get paid are morons. Kid wasn't going pro and had a chance to set himself up for financial stability for maybe the first time in his life and he took it. No different than a kid bolting for the NBA or NFL. The entire purpose of going to college is to get an education so you can make money. That's what he did, and gave Marshall basketball several good years in the process. Some of you need to get off your high horses and stop being whiny bitches.
Thread more about Danny than Taylor.

Thread more about Danny than Taylor.
Wrong. The OP talks about how "salty" he is over Taylor leaving and at least 4 others echoed his disdain. For the life of me, I dont understand why a grown man would hate on someone for doing what is best for themselves and/or their family. That's the kind of shit you expect from women, which is why I called them bitches.

Wrong. The OP talks about how "salty" he is over Taylor leaving and at least 4 others echoed his disdain. For the life of me, I dont understand why a grown man would hate on someone for doing what is best for themselves and/or their family. That's the kind of shit you expect from women, which is why I called them bitches.
I can only speak for myself, But I'm much more "salty" with Danny than I am for these two kids for leaving. The article referred to in the thread quoted the MSU coach in what's wrong with Andy's game, took poor shots at MU with no accountability. To me that's more of a criticism of Dan than Andy.

I really don't give a shit what he did/does. Just commented that he played out of control later in the season, forcing up crazy shots.

I hope both of them flop.
But will celebrate kids that transfer here from other teams. It is what it is. I don’t care for his comments after Taylor left, but he was here for 3 or 4 years and had a chance to get paid.

If I were Handlogten I would have left too. He has his whole career ahead of him and he wasn't going to get anything out of playing for Dan.

I can only speak for myself, But I'm much more "salty" with Danny than I am for these two kids for leaving. The article referred to in the thread quoted the MSU coach in what's wrong with Andy's game, took poor shots at MU with no accountability. To me that's more of a criticism of Dan than Andy.

No. It didn’t say what was wrong with Andy’s game. It said why his game isn’t meshing well with the style of play at Mississippi state.

Andy is a product of the current environment. Hard to fault a kid for taking the opportunity he was presented (and from what I have heard from reliable sources it was quite an opportunity). He always played hard (sometimes too hard with his shot selection). But I put that on the coaching staff.

Handlogten's play seemed to wane towards the end of last season. Fatigue, illness, opponent adjustments, lack of effective utilization, tanking for NIL or a combination of these?

I used to be a staunch supporter of DD. I thought he brought a lot of energy and excitement to the Cam, something I hadn't seen in quite some time. But I'm getting tired of seeing the same strategies played over and over... You've got to adapt to your personnel and your opponent. We seem to do neither.

Outside of Penava and possibly CJ Burkes can anyone name a player that actually improved while playing for DD?

I checked on Andy and Handlogten because I was curious as to how they are doing. I think these were good financial opportunities for both and especially for Handlogten, important for his growth and development as a player.

I would say Andy improved and completely changed his game.

DD has changed his philosophy a lot this year. Yes we are trying to score as much as possible but this squad can get up in your shorts and play defense and their ability to box out for rebounds is as good as we have had under DD

DD has changed his philosophy a lot this year. Yes we are trying to score as much as possible but this squad can get up in your shorts and play defense and their ability to box out for rebounds is as good as we have had under DD
I don’t know what’s more depressing. The fact that D’Dantoni waited what like 8 years to emphasize defense and rebounds according to you or the fact this new defensive emphasis just lead to Uk having a 69 point first half.

I don’t know what’s more depressing. The fact that D’Dantoni waited what like 8 years to emphasize defense and rebounds according to you or the fact this new defensive emphasis just lead to Uk having a 69 point first half.

I am going to assume this is the first time you have watched us play this year?

Kentucky just shot 73 percent from three. Thats almost non defensible.

This team is different on the defensive side this season

Still baffles me that I have to constantly defend our b-ball and football teams to other fans.

I am going to assume this is the first time you have watched us play this year?

Kentucky just shot 73 percent from three. Thats almost non defensible.

This team is different on the defensive side this season

Still baffles me that I have to constantly defend our b-ball and football teams to other fans.
I’ve watched just about every game , unless I was working. You’re the one who said Dan waited how many years into coaching here before emphasizing defense and rebounding not me. :D

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well Micah got hurt against Pitt (his right ankle early) and didn't play tonight.

Andy hasn't played in a week and half for Miss State.

Saw Handlogten sitting the bench against Baylor. He better get use to that view from the pine. You don't get the attention of the scouts by riding the bench. He better buy a seat cushion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT