ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Swift Ramblings

So in reality they were in the nose bleeds but still had an amazing time. She did 3 hours straight. My daughter was in heaven.

My 5 year old wanted to go but she was just too young and getting 3 tickets was impossible.

I also realized her main song writer guy was in Steel Train. I used to see them play indie shows back in the day. I liked a bunch of groups on Drive Thru records. Dude has gone on to be HUGE. Good for him.

So the wife and middle daughter saw Swift in Atlanta. They met her and I had them mention @riflearm2 but she said she didn’t know him. Man, that was embarrassing.
She must have forgot. Black hat, right up front. C'mon Doc.

tumblr_pqj3mhFTU71qjcylx_1280.jpg

Aside - I’m going to see Manchester Orchestra in Asheville this summer. I’m old so I paid extra to get my own table and chairs . My daughter also kind of likes them so I may take her.

How many beers are socially acceptable to drink at a concert when you’re (technically) in charge of your kid also? Asking for a friend.

Dropped my wife, daughter and friend off at Charleston Civic Center several years ago for a Taylor Swift concert. The girls were young and couldn't see from the floor. Her dad noticed and invited them down to the "Pit" and then had front row seats and some memorabilia to take home.

Back when Taylor Swift was "country"...

Dropped my wife, daughter and friend off at Charleston Civic Center several years ago for a Taylor Swift concert. The girls were young and couldn't see from the floor. Her dad noticed and invited them down to the "Pit" and then had front row seats and some memorabilia to take home.

Back when Taylor Swift was "country"...
I’ve told this story before on here, but @riflearm2 really did as I recall knwo or knew of her ?manager ?way back in the day.

I rode with him on a plane (just a normal commercial flight) way back around 2008 or 2009. He was going to see her play in Baltimore at a fair while I was headed to interview at Maryland or Hopkins.

He told me all these fantastical stories about how she was going to be huge. He was annoying. On his cell phone and very loud at every chance. I thought he was full of it. I had no clue who she was and my wife told me “Miranda Lambert will be way bigger than Taylor Swift.”

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I still remember my dad’s reaction to me playing Bob Dylan records as a teen. “I don’t get this,” he said.

• Haha
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I’ve told this story before on here, but @riflearm2 really did as I recall knwo or knew of her ?manager ?way back in the day.
I don't know those original guys. I know her current main manager, who also happens to be the brother of the one-armed Def Leppard drummer. He isn't like you described her old manager as being. He is a lot more laidback, calculated, and discreet.
I also realized her main song writer guy was in Steel Train.
He used to bang Scarlett Johansson when they were in high school. Then, he moved onto banging Lena Dunham. That's quite a downgrade.

Her dad noticed and invited them down to the "Pit" and then had front row seats and some memorabilia to take home.
It's usually her mom who does that. She was known to go to the upper deck of arenas/stadiums and swap out people with high ticket for great seats. But she became too identifiable, so she isn't able to do it now.

Sorry, Doc. I know your daughter loves Taylor, but she make me puke.
I don't think you have given her music a real chance. Go listen to her album Folklore from a few years ago. It's very folky and incredibly well written (as all of her music is).

And Dylan does???😅
Absolutely. I don't go out and buy his music, but I can appreciate talent.

This thread is a really horrendous reflection of the taste on this board. We have people bashing two of the top dozen songwriters of all time.

She did 3 hours straight. My daughter was in heaven.

I hadn't heard or read an even average review of her tour. Everything I have heard/read has given it unbelievably good reviews. It's 3+ hours every night. It's why she takes a week off in between cities. Three sell-out shows in consecutive nights in the same city, then a week of down time.

This thread is a really horrendous reflection of the taste on this board. We have people bashing two of the top dozen songwriters of all time.

We know you don't have a sense of humor. You don't have to keep proving it.

You questioning if Dylan's stuff holds up today was an attempt at humor? There's nothing even remotely funny with that comment.

You questioning if Dylan's stuff holds up today was an attempt at humor? There's nothing even remotely funny with that comment.

Do I need to repeat myself?

And Dylan does???😅

Not visually...😉😅

Lighten up Cameron...

Do I need to repeat myself?

Lighten up Cameron...
Putting laughing emoticons after a comment doesn't make it humorous. In fact, it does the opposite. If the line doesn't carry enough humor without the use of emoticons, it isn't funny.

Putting laughing emoticons after a comment doesn't make it humorous. In fact, it does the opposite. If the line doesn't carry enough humor without the use of emoticons, it isn't funny.

Get a life dude. And a sense of humor while you're at it. The things you obsess over are so inconsequential...

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
He used to bang Scarlett Johansson when they were in high school. Then, he moved onto banging Lena Dunham. That's quite a downgrade.
I'm not a proponent of taking one's own life, but it might be justifiable for this dude.

My kids love her, but I’m more of a closet Justin Bieber fan.
You know, I don't follow any current artists, but I do occasionally hear songs that I like. He (Bieber) is talented and as for Taylor, that antihero song she has out right now I actually added to my Amazon Music playlist.

That said, my playlist is all over the place. There's a small amount of country, rock, 80's, 90's, etc.

Aside - I’m going to see Manchester Orchestra in Asheville this summer. I’m old so I paid extra to get my own table and chairs . My daughter also kind of likes them so I may take her.

How many beers are socially acceptable to drink at a concert when you’re (technically) in charge of your kid also? Asking for a friend.
True Story. I got roped into going to a Rascal Flatts concert years ago. Their singer and their music starts to get on my nevers after a few minutes. But, they were a hot ticket so I scored some becaues the wife wanted to go and her friends were all gone or something so I went.

One of the opening acts was a young girl maybe 14 or 15 or so at the time, maybe younger. That is kind of how they introduced her. Something like this new young act or keep an eye on this young talente girl. It was Taylor Swift. I could actually tolerate her. This was before all her fame and the younger girls going crazy.

Then after a hour or more of Rascal Flatts I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

Rifle shoved his was through all those teen and pre teen girls out of the way to get up front. He wasn’t going to let that hormonal mob to get in his way and ruin his fan Boi status
is that rifetard in that sea of people in the middle. i didn't know he wore glasses but I recognize the hairline.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
I used to turn my nose up at Swift because she used country fans, and honestly was the face of what is wrong with Nashville. Had she continued as a pop star I would still hold this view...then she released Folklore, and it was obvious she is where she belongs as an artist. She's incredibly talented.
'I know very few of her songs, I kind of zone out.

The only thing I think when I hear them (the pop ones at least) is my God this is like pure as snow cocaine invented for the 12-26 year old white girl demo. Like they filtered in the purest shit and put it in a pipeline from Columbia right into the radio vein. I understand why she's huge. The songs are just well done, well performed, not too sugary, not too cheesy, good hooks, etc.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
The songs are just well done, well performed, not too sugary, not too cheesy, good hooks, etc.
She's been smart to collaborate with some really smart artists from indie music...Aaron Dessner and Matt Berninger from The National, Justin Vernon from Bon Iver, Jack Attonoff, St. Vincent. It's no wonder everything is "just done well".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT