ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Covid statistics

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001

Data from the Texas Health Dept…

Out of nearly 29,000 Texans who have died from COVID-related illnesses since mid-January, only 8% of them were fully vaccinated against the virus, according to a report detailing the Texas Department of State Health Services’ findings. And more than half of those deaths among vaccinated people were among Texans older than 75, the age group that is most vulnerable to the virus, the study shows.

Only 3% of 1.5 million positive COVID-19 tests examined since mid-January occurred in people who were already vaccinated.

The thing that strikes me here is how this type of study doesn‘t leave a lot of room for misinterpretation. The data gathered is simply…are you vaccinated or are you not? When a person dies from Covid they’re either vaccinated or they aren’t. When a person gets Covid they’re either vaccinated or they’re not. With 92% of the deaths being among the unvaccinated and 97% of the total cases (death or not) being unvaccinated, there’s not much wiggle room for this data to be misconstrued.

People just need to get vaccinated already.

The thing that strikes me here is how this type of study doesn‘t leave a lot of room for misinterpretation. The data gathered is simply…are you vaccinated or are you not? When a person dies from Covid they’re either vaccinated or they aren’t. When a person gets Covid they’re either vaccinated or they’re not. With 92% of the deaths being among the unvaccinated and 97% of the total cases (death or not) being unvaccinated, there’s not much wiggle room for this data to be misconstrued.

People just need to get vaccinated already.
I would also be curious to see how the migrants have contributed to those numbers in TX. Unfortunately, since this has political ties, we will never know, but I see that as just as big of a concern that they're entering unvaccinated and may get one vaccine before being shipped out somewhere into the US. I recall Walensky being asked about this, and, instead of just being honest and logical to admit these migrants no doubt contribute to COVID infections in the US, she skirted and danced all around it.

Whomever is the director of the CDC should remove ALL political biases and do their fvcking job.

I'm okay with who chooses to get vaccinated or not.

I'm also okay with who chooses to drink too much, or smoke too much.

Thinking people can choose to do what they want to do with their body, without having Uncle Sam speak up to create division amongst the citizens.

I'm not okay with this local redneck beer joint only serving up Miller Lite, Bud, and Bud Light on tap. Stopped in there to eat on Saturday because I had heard they had outstanding food, and they did, but having to wash down a fried bologna sammie with a bud was simply not right, especially since I had just drank my first Two Hearted of the day.

I would also be curious to see how the migrants have contributed to those numbers in TX. Unfortunately, since this has political ties, we will never know, but I see that as just as big of a concern that they're entering unvaccinated and may get one vaccine before being shipped out somewhere into the US. I recall Walensky being asked about this, and, instead of just being honest and logical to admit these migrants no doubt contribute to COVID infections in the US, she skirted and danced all around it.

Whomever is the director of the CDC should remove ALL political biases and do their fvcking job.
I have no clue about the migrants as far as how they contribute to the overall cases, but logic tells me that the statistics of deaths and contractions among the vaccinated and unvaccinated should be pretty close to the same for migrants as the general population. According to the article only 53% of Texans are vaccinated. I’m going to guess that represents an overwhelmingly larger number than unvaccinated migrants. Either way, the deaths and hospitalizations is a vaccination hesitancy issue in my opinion,

I'm okay with who chooses to get vaccinated or not.

I'm also okay with who chooses to drink too much, or smoke too much.

Thinking people can choose to do what they want to do with their body, without having Uncle Sam speak up to create division amongst the citizens.

I'm not okay with this local redneck beer joint only serving up Miller Lite, Bud, and Bud Light on tap. Stopped in there to eat on Saturday because I had heard they had outstanding food, and they did, but having to wash down a fried bologna sammie with a bud was simply not right, especially since I had just drank my first Two Hearted of the day.
I was going to challenge this response until I read you ate a fried bologna sandwich. I love fried bologna sandwiches. So…carry on.

I could care less if someone is vaccinated or not. Free country. Time to move on from it. Love it who the original post and other libs everywhere want to talk about Florida, Texas, and southern states. Meanwhile the migration to those states continues. Where from? the holier than thou blue states who think they do things perfectly.

June of 2020, I called bull shit and went on living. Great decision.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I have no clue about the migrants as far as how they contribute to the overall cases, but logic tells me that the statistics of deaths and contractions among the vaccinated and unvaccinated should be pretty close to the same for migrants as the general population. According to the article only 53% of Texans are vaccinated. I’m going to guess that represents an overwhelmingly larger number than unvaccinated migrants. Either way, the deaths and hospitalizations is a vaccination hesitancy issue in my opinion,
No sir, I'm addressing more so the issue with migrants contributing toward COVID infections. We know how this can spread exponentially, so why isn't anyone concerned with them continually spreading COVID not only upon illegal entry into TX, but then wherever they are ultimately sent.

Not sure if you will agree that should be a huge concern, as we don't allow anyone else travelling into the US internationally to enter without COVID testing. We're not doing this at the border.

Furthermore, until the left and the Mush admin talks about a few things, they can kiss my ass.

1)Illegal immigration and unvaccinated people coming across the border(In texas for one) illegally and not requiring vaccinations.

2)the origins of Covid and where it came from

3)Fauci and others involvement in gain of function research.

So kiss Aaron Roger's and Joe Rogan's assess.

Why are California's covid infection rates more than twice that of Florida?

California has all those masking and mandates out there, and Florida Governor allows the citizens to be free.

Can anybody explain this phenomenon to me?

I believe migrants should be tested upon entering the country. If the migrants are a major contributor to the covid spread in Texas the policy that allows it is wrong. I haven’t looked into it, but I suspect that migrants don‘t contribute nearly to the problem that unvaccinated citizens of this country. You can present me with statistics about how many unvaccinated migrants are among the general population of Texas vs the unvaccinated in the general population and I’ll keep an open mind. But my intuition tells me that the unvaccinated portion of the Texas population is exponentially larger than the unvaccinated portion of migrants. That doesn’t relieve policy or unvaccinated migrants from culpability, but it does tell us that making this a migrant issue is likely a way to diminish the extremely favorable numbers among the vaccinated.

Just using what I do know…the population of Texas is 29 million. If only 53% of Texans are vaccinated, that leaves over 13 million people unvaccinated. By comparison, approximately 1.6 million migrants entered the US in the last year. Some of those numbers predate the vaccine. A number of those ended up in other states than Texas. You can’t discern the exact number of migrants that ended up in Texas (many came undetected) but even if you safely assume one million migrants arrived and resides in Texas since availability of the vaccine, it pales in comparison to the unvaccinated Texans.

Although I see and agree with some of your point, it really doesn’t speak to the real issue…people need to get vaccinated and the migrant issue is a separate issue that serves only to muddle the real problem. Vaccine hesitancy is prolonging the epidemic.

I believe migrants should be tested upon entering the country. If the migrants are a major contributor to the covid spread in Texas the policy that allows it is wrong. I haven’t looked into it, but I suspect that migrants don‘t contribute nearly to the problem that unvaccinated citizens of this country. You can present me with statistics about how many unvaccinated migrants are among the general population of Texas vs the unvaccinated in the general population and I’ll keep an open mind. But my intuition tells me that the unvaccinated portion of the Texas population is exponentially larger than the unvaccinated portion of migrants. That doesn’t relieve policy or unvaccinated migrants from culpability, but it does tell us that making this a migrant issue is likely a way to diminish the extremely favorable numbers among the vaccinated.

Just using what I do know…the population of Texas is 29 million. If only 53% of Texans are vaccinated, that leaves over 13 million people unvaccinated. By comparison, approximately 1.6 million migrants entered the US in the last year. Some of those numbers predate the vaccine. A number of those ended up in other states than Texas. You can’t discern the exact number of migrants that ended up in Texas (many came undetected) but even if you safely assume one million migrants arrived and resides in Texas since availability of the vaccine, it pales in comparison to the unvaccinated Texans.

Although I see and agree with some of your point, it really doesn’t speak to the real issue…people need to get vaccinated and the migrant issue is a separate issue that serves only to muddle the real problem. Vaccine hesitancy is prolonging the epidemic.

No, it is basically over folks. Don't know why the left can't just move in. We are where we are now. The only thing they are doing is prolonging economic conditions and fighting over it.

The people that want to get vaccinated have done so. Your side also refuses to acknowledge natural immunity, some people get it with no effects, and alternative treatments.

Time to move on. It is over. We are all working every day, going places, vacationing, concerts, you name it.

All this fighting does is just prolonging it. The people with the vaccine are spreading it like anybody else is. Now your are threatening people and employers with an clear over reach of the federal govt and this action is prolonging the "pandemic". Creating more worker shortages, supply chain issues, delays, etc.

Last edited:

California has all those masking and mandates out there, and Florida Governor allows the citizens to be free.

The only relative number to me is what percentage of Californians that have died or contracted Covid since the vaccine are unvaccinated? Making this a liberal vs conservative issue dilutes the point. You are overwhelmingly more apt to die or get Covid if you are unvaccinated. So I would guess if that if California‘s number are worse than other states it’s because the number are being driven by the number of unvaccinated. So whether they are Democrats or Republicans, if they are unvaccinated they are dumb asses.

The only relative number to me is what percentage of Californians that have died or contracted Covid since the vaccine are unvaccinated? Making this a liberal vs conservative issue dilutes the point. You are overwhelmingly more apt to die or get Covid if you are unvaccinated. So I would guess if that if California‘s number are worse than other states it’s because the number are being driven by the number of unvaccinated. So whether they are Democrats or Republicans, if they are unvaccinated they are dumb asses.
I'm not concerned over people not getting vaccinated and dying from Covid dying. Did you happen to see how many babies have been murdered since this Covid thing hit?

No they don't want to even try or have a logical discussion about it.

Ok so move on. You have your vaccination. I hate to be blunt. But, if they chose that then that is on them. You have yours so move on.

Govt over reach to me is worse than this.

What's next? Fines for not taking boosters? Show me your dental records? Fines for employers of 100 or more? Let me see your papers? What's next?

You can present me with statistics about how many unvaccinated migrants are among the general population of Texas vs the unvaccinated in the general population and I’ll keep an open mind
That's the point that appears to be escaping you. No one is going to collect that data, because the environment is so chaotic, and those in charge (Biden admin) assuredly do not want to know. This should be getting called out by all, not just those on the Right.

I already agree about the effectiveness of vaccines and that everyone should be vaccinated. Let that part go, as we're in total agreement in that regard. My issue is the narrative from the Left, when questioned, is that it's somehow not at all important.

We have millions of illegals who have entered illegally and no way of vetting them, yet for everywhere else in America, folks are getting fired for not taking the vaccine.

It's hypocrisy at its finest.

That's the point that appears to be escaping you. No one is going to collect that data, because the environment is so chaotic, and those in charge (Biden admin) assuredly do not want to know. This should be getting called out by all, not just those on the Right.

I already agree about the effectiveness of vaccines and that everyone should be vaccinated. Let that part go, as we're in total agreement in that regard. My issue is the narrative from the Left, when questioned, is that it's somehow not at all important.

We have millions of illegals who have entered illegally and no way of vetting them, yet for everywhere else in America, folks are getting fired for not taking the vaccine.

It's hypocrisy at its finest.
Exactly.

They are sitting guys who have purple hearts and bronze stars in rooms and telling them they are going to be less than honorably discharged from the service for not taking this vaccine. Not just hey you are gone and can't serve but hey screw your blood, time in service, and your failing body and what you gave for the country we are going to humiliate you and your service and your benefits.

that is what this admin is trying to do.

Yes. Covid comes in waves. The waves have a pretty predictable rise and fall. Florida is coming off of a wave where they had about about 20k new cases per day for close to a month. After a wave that large there’s always a crash.

CA (with roughly double the population of FL) didn’t have nearly as large of a wave, peaking at about 15k new cases per day, or about 35% the size of FL’s per capita. Smaller wave, smaller crash.

Since the main concern is not having a situation where we over stress the healthcare system, it’s better to have a smaller wave and smaller crash than a huge wave huge crash.

Yes. Covid comes in waves. The waves have a pretty predictable rise and fall. Florida is coming off of a wave where they had about about 20k new cases per day for close to a month. After a wave that large there’s always a crash.

CA (with roughly double the population of FL) didn’t have nearly as large of a wave, peaking at about 15k new cases per day, or about 35% the size of FL’s per capita. Smaller wave, smaller crash.

Since the main concern is not having a situation where we over stress the healthcare system, it’s better to have a smaller wave and smaller crash than a huge wave huge crash.
My only question being . . .

Did you put your mask back on after typing out that post?

I see you're not responding to my last post @GK4Herd ? No worries, I'll give you more time.

Last edited:
I see you're not responding to my last post GK? No worries, I'll give you more time.
I’ve already responded in other posts but I’ll elaborate…migrants should be tested for Covid upon entering. Vaccinations should be required of migrants to enter and given to them if they are not vaccinated. If they refuse they should be turned away. If the Biden administration policy is otherwise I disagree with it. I agree that data on migrants and Covid are likely not being gathered.

I dont disagree with much of what you say and I’m ecstatic that you are sold on the benefits of vaccination. Where we part ways is that this whole migrant discussion and many other tangents in this thread (with the exception of fried bologna…I’m all for that tangent) are taking away from the main point. Vaccines work. The Texas numbers are very telling, and the only reason Texas is being used in example is because those numbers taken by the Texas Health Department hit the news cycle today.

If they refuse they should be turned away. If the Biden administration policy is otherwise I disagree with it.

Great! Looks like we BOTH agree then that the migrants crossing the border need to be stopped, since this isn't happening.

Damnit, I thought I couldn't turn your blue heart red, but it really happened. If not for the fried bologna softening you up, I do not believe this would have ever been possible.

• Haha
Reactions: GK4Herd

53755763.jpg

What's next? Fines for not taking boosters? Show me your dental records? Fines for employers of 100 or more? Let me see your papers? What's next?

I can do most of it, but not the mask.

If it was masks forever, then it would be time for the psych ward at St. Mary's and a crazy check. I can't do the masks. Couldn't do them for Halloween either back when I was a kid.

The damn nose and eye holes never lined up. Plastic hot shit all over your face. I'm not living as a smothered idiot over a bunch of bullshit.

I can do most of it, but not the mask.

If it was masks forever, then it would be time for the psych ward at St. Mary's and a crazy check. I can't do the masks. Couldn't do them for Halloween either back when I was a kid.

The damn nose and eye holes never lined up. Plastic hot shit all over your face. I'm not living as a smothered idiot over a bunch of bullshit.
Those damn masks are useless as well. Jus a feel good measure. I don't even carry one anymore.

I was going to challenge this response until I read you ate a fried bologna sandwich. I love fried bologna sandwiches. So…carry on.
Fried bologna sandwiches rock!! I was in Nashville last week and went to my favorite Honky Tonk, Roberts Western World. They have the Recession Special, fried bologna sandwich, chips, moon pie and an ice cold PBR for 5.99!! Cant beat it!!

Those damn masks are useless as well. Jus a feel good measure. I don't even carry one anymore.

I still have to deal with a lot of people who wear them. It's human instinct or something, but I get nervous as hell talking to people with masks on. Masks are for robbers or people in Iran wanting to saw your head off for Allah. Call it Nine Mile, Lesage or whatever, but I sure as hell don't trust people talking to me while they're wearing half of a garbage bag or whatever it is over their mouth.

The whole thing which was meant to pick on Florida and glorify California.
Someone asked why CA has a higher rate right now than FL. Are you saying that the answer I gave is not correct? I don’t think I even could’ve worded it much more neutrally than I did.

Someone asked why CA has a higher rate right now than FL. Are you saying that the answer I gave is not correct? I don’t think I even could’ve worded it much more neutrally than I did.
The thing is in my opinion is everything is being framed to favor one side of the political spectrum or the other. This is a vaccinated vs non vaccinated issue. This pandemic, at the moment, is being driven by the unvaccinated. Now…if I wanted to politicize that Id ask the question…do you think the unvaccinated are predominantly one side of the ideological divide or the other? But since I NEVER make it political I won’t ask. Lol

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT