ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Evan McKelevy

Mar 5, 2007
Our family wants to thank Evan McKelvey for what he did for my family and my daughter tonight.

My daughter, Sarah, is a volleyball player in her Jr. year at Huntington High. She has played high level club volleyball since she was 12 for river Cities Thunder travel club She has had interest from many college coaches since her last year club season and she was having a nice high school season this year. That all ended a little more than two weeks ago. On a routine jump serve she tore her ACL & MCL. Her high school season was instantly over and her club season this year is most likely lost. It's her most important year for college recruiting and she will miss all of it. Sarah has been worried about her ability to come back from this surgery and just what the whole process of rehab and recovery will be like. Sarah has ACL reconstruction in the morning.
Tonight, after practice Evan took time to talk to Sarah and to all of us to share his story. He told her about what it's like to have a serious injury and how it tests your commitment to play the game you love. How you don't realize how much you love something until it's gone. Most importantly he told Sarah about how it changed him and made him a better person.
He didn't sugar coat anything and told her how to stay strong and work through the hard times. He encouraged her and said in the end this will make her a better athlete. He told us how important his mother was in his recovery and that the family is a big part of recovery as well.
I can't express how impressed I was and how much I appreciate him giving Sarah his encouragement and advice.
Evan, thank you from our family.
You have 4 fans for life Evan! Go Herd and Go #31.

Wow. I continue to be impressed with the quality of the student athletes we have on campus @ MU. Herd 75 is there a way that those of us that want to send a get well card to your daughter? Personally it would probably mean more to me than Sarah to be able to express sadness that she has had this happen but @ the same time send words of encouragement to her. Please let me know if this is possible, and Godspeed to her as she goes through her surgery today.

As members of HerdNation, we are proud of @ROLMAO_30 and what he does everyday to make himself better & share his optimism with others. Go HERD !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT