ADVERTISEMENT

The FBI Always Knows

He’s implying that someone created an AI generated photo that pretended to show Tim Walz’s family in shirts that showed support for President Trump.

No, wait. That was you.
Ok I was wrong on that. It looked AI to me and I looked it up and the first source I found said it was AI (because I had specifically searched that term) and I went with it. It’s his cousins not AI, I was wrong.

I don't buy it was a set up/conspiracy theory.

I do buy that the FBI seems to have a high % chance of having these people "on their radar" though.
Part of the problem is what do you want them to do? They get a lot of people on their radar for doing things that look like the person is a risk but aren’t actually illegal. I don’t think we want the FBI arresting people for being risks. I also don’t know that we don’t want the FBI not having people on their radar.

I’m not saying the answer is “nothing,” just that I’d like to see some proposals on what interventions people want.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Last year we had threats against our school that were made from out of state around the time this kid was making threats. Pictures of weapons were posted on social media along with the threat. Makes me wonder if it was this kid

Ok I was wrong on that. It looked AI to me and I looked it up and the first source I found said it was AI (because I had specifically searched that term) and I went with it. It’s his cousins not AI, I was wrong.
Another liberal confident in their stupidity.

I do buy that the FBI seems to have a high % chance of having these people "on their radar" though.
I don't know why this would be surprising for anyone.

I'd bet the FBI gets dozens of tips daily about online threats. I'd also bet 99.9% of the threats are just online bullshitting.

FBI did their due diligence and passed it along to the local authorities.

Do we really want all online threats to be prosecuted? I don't. People are stupid and say stupid shit they don't mean a hell of a lot more often than people actually do something violent.

Thank you for the admission. Stop visiting left-wing websites and you’ll get the truth more often.

Don’t be a pussy, spell out the conspiracy theory you’re implying.
All I am saying is, as Doc did, that the FBI always has these guys on their radar.

Now, I walk into the office this morning and without bringing this up a dude I have never talked politics or anything like this with, tells me we were just talking the other day how there have no school shootings for awhile and now this right before the election.

He brings it up to me.

Some of you guys have no idea what our govt or certain people/organizations are capable of.

All I am saying is, as Doc did, that the FBI always has these guys on their radar.

Now, I walk into the office this morning and without bringing this up a dude I have never talked politics or anything like this with, tells me we were just talking the other day how there have no school shootings for awhile and now this right before the election.

He brings it up to me.
Gee I wonder why we hadn’t had school shootings in a while.

He brings it up to me.
You're a lying trumptard. You were insinuating the shooting was a conspiracy... that the shooting was done to help the Dems.

Part of the problem is what do you want them to do? They get a lot of people on their radar for doing things that look like the person is a risk but aren’t actually illegal. I don’t think we want the FBI arresting people for being risks. I also don’t know that we don’t want the FBI not having people on their radar.

I’m not saying the answer is “nothing,” just that I’d like to see some proposals on what interventions people want.

I too would like to see some proposals, because whatever they do now doesn't seem to help. Maybe internally they have some, but I don't recall ever hearing about things they're working on.
I"m sensitive to civil liberties issues, so I share some of your concerns.
This case seems like maybe parental criminal charges may be coming too from the little I've read. If you have a gun it is your responsibility (barring theft/robbery) that you keep that locked up away from your kid that the FBI visited you about.

You're a lying trumptard. You were insinuating the shooting was a conspiracy... that the shooting was done to help the Dems.
No, I am not. The dude at work was asking me.

I wonder how long before the gun debate heats back up and they blame Trump. Just wait.

He asked me...
Well the last three months most schools have been on summer break. Here are the last year’s worth of school shootings with at least one fatality:

Sept 4 2024, Aug 26 2024, Jun 6 2024, May 18 2024, May 1 2024, April 24 2024, April 22 2024, Feb 16 2024, Jan 9 2024, Dec 6 2023, Nov 19 2023, Oct 28 2023, Oct 23 2023, Oct 15 2023, Sept 15 2023, Sept 12 2023, Sept 9 2023.

So it’s not at all surprising we had one a few months before the election and we’ll probably have a couple more.

I too would like to see some proposals, because whatever they do now doesn't seem to help. Maybe internally they have some, but I don't recall ever hearing about things they're working on.
I"m sensitive to civil liberties issues, so I share some of your concerns.
This case seems like maybe parental criminal charges may be coming too from the little I've read. If you have a gun it is your responsibility (barring theft/robbery) that you keep that locked up away from your kid that the FBI visited you about.
On the other hand we don’t know, and can’t know, how many events their current practices have prevented. It may be that 90% of the time dropping in and showing the parents what their kid has been up to is enough to prevent something from happening. The question is what do you want to do to that 90% that could’ve been avoided anyway to get more of that 10% that is going to proceed.

Edit: I personally know someone whose parents got a visit from the FBI back in the day. I can say with certainty that they were never going to shoot anything and were just idiot kids who made a bad joke too soon after Columbine. So not every FBI interaction actually prevents anything to begin with. That’s the challenge with gauging the impact of preventative measures.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
On the other hand we don’t know, and can’t know, how many events their current practices have prevented. It may be that 90% of the time dropping in and showing the parents what their kid has been up to is enough to prevent something from happening. The question is what do you want to do to that 90% that could’ve been avoided anyway to get more of that 10% that is going to proceed.

Edit: I personally know someone whose parents got a visit from the FBI back in the day. I can say with certainty that they were never going to shoot anything and were just idiot kids who made a bad joke too soon after Columbine. So not every FBI interaction actually prevents anything to begin with. That’s the challenge with gauging the impact of preventative measures.
Yes, we don’t know the denominator. Raoul mentioned that too. I’d be curious to know what it is.

Straight to jail

I feel like surely the FBI protocol includes - “look - some people think your kid is a demon. We’re not going to take your guns but if your spawn gets one of your guns and uses it your ass is grass in some federal pound you in the ass prison for all the rest of your days. Consider this your one and only warning. Hope you have a good gun safe. Have a great day.”

Well the last three months most schools have been on summer break. Here are the last year’s worth of school shootings with at least one fatality:

Sept 4 2024, Aug 26 2024, Jun 6 2024, May 18 2024, May 1 2024, April 24 2024, April 22 2024, Feb 16 2024, Jan 9 2024, Dec 6 2023, Nov 19 2023, Oct 28 2023, Oct 23 2023, Oct 15 2023, Sept 15 2023, Sept 12 2023, Sept 9 2023.

So it’s not at all surprising we had one a few months before the election and we’ll probably have a couple more.
How many of those were school shootings where kid goes into a school and shoots up the place vs gangs/suicides shoootings near a school parking lot. I'm not discounting school shootings but just like with "mass" shootings the definition matters

Reactions: WV-FAN
How many of those were school shootings where kid goes into a school and shoots up the place vs gangs/suicides shoootings near a school parking lot. I'm not discounting school shootings but just like with "mass" shootings the definition matters
Suicides aren’t included in the list I gave if they were the only fatality. I scanned the list; a lot happened at colleges. I’m also not including a lot of shootings with no fatalities (but multiple injuries).

My point is that it is mental and beyond crass to imply that this was either put on or intentionally allowed to happen to influence an election.

Besides you’d do that in October.

He brings it up to me.
So you decided to spread it? What the hell is wrong with you? Just because he's an idiot doesn't mean you need to follow in his footsteps. That's just ignorant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT