ADVERTISEMENT

The Game that Bill Legg Grew A Set!!

Keep calm, that was just the first half. Now if he does the same in the 2nd, then yes, he grew a set.

Yeah. Let's see if we can pour it one. Historically, this staff has kept their foot on the brake. Don't think we can do that right now with our running game. Don't want to fool around and give them some 3 and outs and some confidence.

Yeah UC scored 18 against little miami in the 4th quarter to win the game ... Hope the Herd keeps that in mind and keeps playing well

Hasn’t grown a set yet. We still have the second half. If offense keeps moving then yes.

Bill did good first half... now he's playin the clock and to me that's not a good plan... we will win but we should be up 50 points by now

Yet you picked us to lose to UC 32-16 if and only if we return a couple of kicks for TDs.

Yes I did ... and it was a total guess based on past games and our lack of calling good plays and gaining yards... good thing we showed up this game and produced..! Maybe my score prediction made all the difference in the world ... :cool:

I thought overall he called a good game

I only saw the second half (and only part of that because ESPN streaming is a pile of crap), but the only thing I could really complain about was getting too fancy down on the goal line and passing on 3rd down when the OL had been demolishing people all drive. But hey, he made it right on 4th down.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
I only saw the second half (and only part of that because ESPN streaming is a pile of crap), but the only thing I could really complain about was getting too fancy down on the goal line and passing on 3rd down when the OL had been demolishing people all drive. But hey, he made it right on 4th down.

We were running some really beautifully designed plays in the first half. 2nd half looked like we were just trying to get to the bus as fast as possible.

I dont like coaching like that. It keeps teams from developing a killer instinct and takes guys out of their rhythm. Kind of tough to have an identity when you have to play two different games essentially.

We were running some really beautifully designed plays in the first half. 2nd half looked like we were just trying to get to the bus as fast as possible.

I dont like coaching like that. It keeps teams from developing a killer instinct and takes guys out of their rhythm. Kind of tough to have an identity when you have to play two different games essentially.

How much of it was their coaching vs. Cincy's coaching changes?
Yeah, the offense was pretty typical but it worked the 1st half. If it ain't broke don't fix it. We really didn't need to adjust the second half since basically everything was working.

How much of it was their coaching vs. Cincy's coaching changes?
Yeah, the offense was pretty typical but it worked the 1st half. If it ain't broke don't fix it. We really didn't need to adjust the second half since basically everything was working.

That's the thing the offense we were running in the first half wasn't our typical offense at all. And it worked beautifully for the most part. Then the 2nd half we just completely put the brakes on.

I want Doc and Legg to just come out and just beat the hell out of people. Don't be shutting it down up bye 20 points or more comeing out of the half. Legg&Doc did work on the run game in the 2nd half and burnt alot of clock. Just beat one like a drum please they all need to play someone.

Legg called a pretty good first half but the second half he went into run the clock out coast mode. I am happy with the win but people ignore how bad Legg called the game in the second half because we won.

In the first half when we built up the big lead against Cincinnati, Litton threw the ball 29 times. Litton would only make 5 throws the rest of the game because Legg decided to sit on the ball and run it 23 times in the second half when it was our passing game that was working against the Cincy defense putting up all those points on the board.

Of course Litton had to throw the ball 29 times in the first half because he had no running game yet again so it was all on Litton's shoulders to make something happen which he did. Our running game didnt get anything started until the Cincy defense finally wore down in the 4th quarter which is very similar to last week when King got some yards. Up until that point Davis and King were averaging about 2 yards a carry.

How do we know it was Legg that changed in the second half? Maybe Doc told him to slow it down. I can see him do that. I would prefer keeping it going but I am not going to complain about a 17 point win on the road especially with one of their TDS coming pretty late.

I felt all along we would be 3-1 and here we are. Defense has been great and we get Young back now.

I can see both sides. Its a two edged sword. I, too, was hoping the Herd would keep the pedal to the metal on offense.

However, while watching some of the LSU-Troy game, I could see the other side of such a philosophy. Man, when Troy got up, they did not play very conservatively- -kept attacking offensively. They built up a pretty good lead in the second half and didn't change their offensive thinking. The result: Troy had an offensive turnover or two, the Tigers got a couple of fairly quick TDs, and the game turned into a nail biter decided only when Troy made an interception right at the end of the game.

Can see both coaching strategies: Glad that both the Herd and Troy won over "Power" opponents!!

Reactions: All4TheHerd
I can see both sides. Its a two edged sword. I, too, was hoping the Herd would keep the pedal to the metal on offense.

However, while watching some of the LSU-Troy game, I could see the other side of such a philosophy. Man, when Troy got up, they did not play very conservatively- -kept attacking offensively. They built up a pretty good lead in the second half and didn't change their offensive thinking. The result: Troy had an offensive turnover or two, the Tigers got a couple of fairly quick TDs, and the game turned into a nail biter decided only when Troy made an interception right at the end of the game.

Can see both coaching strategies: Glad that both the Herd and Troy won over "Power" opponents!!

A big difference would be that Troy had no real chance of winning at LSU and had a, 'we don't give a f*ck' attitude.
Marshall had a game they could have easily lost thus a different mindset of coaching.

Legg called a pretty good first half but the second half he went into run the clock out coast mode. I am happy with the win but people ignore how bad Legg called the game in the second half because we won.

In the first half when we built up the big lead against Cincinnati, Litton threw the ball 29 times. Litton would only make 5 throws the rest of the game because Legg decided to sit on the ball and run it 23 times in the second half when it was our passing game that was working against the Cincy defense putting up all those points on the board.

Of course Litton had to throw the ball 29 times in the first half because he had no running game yet again so it was all on Litton's shoulders to make something happen which he did. Our running game didnt get anything started until the Cincy defense finally wore down in the 4th quarter which is very similar to last week when King got some yards. Up until that point Davis and King were averaging about 2 yards a carry.
The decision to run the clock would be a Doc decision. btw, it was a win. Doc gets paid to win games not entertain people. Fans have got to the point were they expect both.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
A big difference would be that Troy had no real chance of winning at LSU and had a, 'we don't give a f*ck' attitude.
Marshall had a game they could have easily lost thus a different mindset of coaching.

All4, today try telling LSU Coach Odgeron (sp.) and his team that Troy had no f*cking chance of winning!!!

The only reason I'd want is to not slow it down in the second half is to get some of those young OL more snaps in live action and get King/Davis into a groove going into conference play...which we still did by slowing it down. No sense in keeping the play count up, risking more injuries than we already have.

Also, learn to appreciate domination while being up by multiple scores in the 2nd half and dictating a game on our terms. Get off the stupid midget league mom & dad, "we beat your team 80-0" BS.

All4, today try telling LSU Coach Odgeron (sp.) and his team that Troy had no f*cking chance of winning!!!

Well, when you're LSU and the SEC, thats basically the mindset every team has. Of course we know upsets happen all the time.

The only reason I'd want is to not slow it down in the second half is to get some of those young OL more snaps in live action and get King/Davis into a groove going into conference play...which we still did by slowing it down. No sense in keeping the play count up, risking more injuries than we already have.

Also, learn to appreciate domination while being up by multiple scores in the 2nd half and dictating a game on our terms. Get off the stupid midget league mom & dad, "we beat your team 80-0" BS.

We also didn't really have to do much as far as 2nd half changes since we were firing on all cylinders. We had a monster lead with the defense manhandling them, we had a ToP in the first half that was ungodly lopsided (like 25:46 to 4:14) so what major adjustments would be needed? Most of their scoring came in the end of the game and when they did score, we capitalized in our own way.

one could still debate it was a dominate win. MU won that game in all phases of the game and not even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT