ADVERTISEMENT

The Marshall Mount Rushmore of Basketball

Whiteside played a total of 34 games at Marshall on a team that finished 4th (11-5) in CUSA. he avg'd 13 points, 5 blocks, and 9 rebounds per game.

you are confusing his NBA career with his 1 and done here...

Mike D and Russell Lee

Whiteside doesn't give a squat about MU. We were just a quick stop for him. At least that's what I took from it. I would like to think he appreciated the chance we gave him.

Walt Walowac
Hal Greer
Russell Lee
Mike D'antoni / Leo Byrd

Second tier

Jule Rivlin
Charlie Slack
George Stone
LaVerne Evans/ John Taft

Third tier

Tom Langfitt
J R VanHoose
Bob Redd
Tamar Slay/ Tyrone Collins

I'm assuming all above met their degree requirements.

Last edited:
Walt Walowac
Hal Greer
Russell Lee
Mike D'antoni / Leo Byrd

Second tier

Jule Rivlin
Charlie Slack
George Stone
LaVerne Evans

Third tier

Tom Langfitt
J R VanHoose
Bob Redd
Tamar Slay/ Tyrone Collins

I'm assuming all above met their degree requirements.

No John Taft on there? Two time Southern Conference Player of the Year. Bob Knight said Taft could start at Indiana.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Williams was fun to watch but was never more than an above average PG in the league. Whiteside leads the entire NBA in rebounds/game this year.
Good grief this post is false news lol. Williams was the point guard when the heat won it all. He has an nba title ring. Turned sacremento around too. Not saying he should be on mt rushmore after 2 yrs but he was very good nba player.

^^^I believe we have a differing opinion on what a list like this should represent for a UNIVERSITY.

No your right. Gottcha. Blaming ky for the one and done rule when u know thats an nba rule. Calipari and Pitino have lobbied to end all that. Midol works GD

What in the heck are you talking about. Can't you make one post without mentioning Ky or Duke. I have never seen such infatuation with a team you rarely play, I don't get it.

RD, this was for Sistersville.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Why do eerbilys live on our board, post threads, make judgements about Marshall but refuse to play us?

What purpose do they serve?

Do they help, the greater good of the State of West Virginia?

Do they see both teams playing as good for the greater good of the state, or do they post, make comments yet see themselves as superior and that to play Marshall home and home every year isn't good for them or the state?

Why eerbilly, do you posts here? Won't you please post on Vermins board under the same name , please let's start a home and home series to benifit the state of WV? Let's get THAT thread going since well your unbiased and really do support both schools.

Reactions: horsrman
Good grief this post is false news lol. Williams was the point guard when the heat won it all. He has an nba title ring. Turned sacremento around too. Not saying he should be on mt rushmore after 2 yrs but he was very good nba player.

Settle down, skippy.

Yes Williams won a title in 2006 but that was because he was lucky enough to play on the same team as Shaq and D Wade. Jason averaged 9 points and 4 assists per game in the playoffs that year.

Literally two dozen guards in the league could have done what Williams did that year playing with the two stars I previously mentioned.

Zero all star appearances with career averages of 10 points and 6 assists. Like I said, he was an above average PG.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
Why do eerbilys live on our board, post threads, make judgements about Marshall but refuse to play us?

What purpose do they serve?

Do they help, the greater good of the State of West Virginia?

Do they see both teams playing as good for the greater good of the state, or do they post, make comments yet see themselves as superior and that to play Marshall home and home every year isn't good for them or the state?

Why eerbilly, do you posts here? Won't you please post on Vermins board under the same name , please let's start a home and home series to benifit the state of WV? Let's get THAT thread going since well your unbiased and really do support both schools.
I just saw this article in the Gagette this morning. Does it really matter which side of the fence I straddle? I have several good friends who are alums of Marshall.

Go share it with your eerbilly friends on Vermins board. BTW start a thread, about why we should play home and home every year and create revenue for the state. You know like UVA did with VT.

There's a reason why your in the Big 12 and every other school that was in your conference is now ACC, and it isn't because you are well thought of.

Reactions: horsrman and ToesMU
It was Mike Bibby who ran the PG position for those good Sacramento teams. Sacramento traded Williams for Bibby...and came out on the better end of the deal.

John Sark and Andy Frederickson.

No seriously , my vote along side of Greer and Henderson would be Russell Lee and Walt Walowac ( check the records he set).

A Mount Rushmore would be for the whole state (so which 4 from all schools - not just Marshall and WVU). Probably going to be blasted by at least one person for that statement, but don't care.

Hal Greer, Jerry West, Cam Henderson(in no particular order) and who is #4?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT