ADVERTISEMENT

The pic on the main page illuminates a huge irritation.

WV_Celt

Silver Buffalo
Jul 27, 2014
Barboursville
Sorry to rehash the old "What kelly is the real kelly" argument, but the picture and article on the main page made it fresh in my mind. You have a great shot of Bird wearing a jersey with one color, a batting helmet with another, and a player/maybe coach in the background wearing a a hoodie with yet another color. One picture, three different ideas of what kelly green is. The batting helmet is probably several years old, but the jersey and hoodie are both new. This is one major problem I have with Nike. They get to decide on what a school's colors are, and not the school.

Sorry to rehash the old "What kelly is the real kelly" argument, but the picture and article on the main page made it fresh in my mind. You have a great shot of Bird wearing a jersey with one color, a batting helmet with another, and a player/maybe coach in the background wearing a a hoodie with yet another color. One picture, three different ideas of what kelly green is. The batting helmet is probably several years old, but the jersey and hoodie are both new. This is one major problem I have with Nike. They get to decide on what a school's colors are, and not the school.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone truly knows:
https://www.google.com/search?q=kel...[QUOTE="WV_Celt, post: 320139, member: 1702"]

Sorry to rehash the old "What kelly is the real kelly" argument, but the picture and article on the main page made it fresh in my mind. You have a great shot of Bird wearing a jersey with one color, a batting helmet with another, and a player/maybe coach in the background wearing a a hoodie with yet another color. One picture, three different ideas of what kelly green is. The batting helmet is probably several years old, but the jersey and hoodie are both new. This is one major problem I have with Nike. They get to decide on what a school's colors are, and not the school.

where's that old man yells at a cloud image? but seriously, the three items you mentioned are all different materials, they all reflect light differently, they all lead to the color looking "different."

Offical Marshall Green is defined on page 8 of the University's Graphics Standards Manual.

It is PMS 356 in the Pantone system. That translates to 91, 4, 100, 25 in CMYK for a standard color printer, and RGB 0, 122, 61 for WWW and other internet useage.

Page 15, which is the athletics section, states that "No other green but Marshall Green PMS 356 may be used on any licensed item".

It further defines the other colors as Pantone Process Black and White (which is just standard black and white) and Marco's colors as Brown 469 and Light Brown 4645. It also has a converstion chart for the color standards used in the clothing trades.

Getting the green right was only an issue to (warning foul language follows) KO Marcum. Who could f*** up a two car funeral.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT