ADVERTISEMENT

The Problem With Jon Stewart

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
Anyone watch the first episode yet? He’s shining a light on military burn pits & how the VA needs to speed up the help to vets.

He's no problem with me. I can not watch him just as easy as I can Lester Holt and pretty much everything else on TV.

I'd cut the cord if not for my 9:00 Rain Man routine of scanning all the channels to say they suck and then watch the darkest one while I eat my tapioca pudding, I mean vanilla ice cream.

Is his show worth watching? I really like him, but towards the end of his reign on the Daily Show it became unwatchable. It felt like it was the writers, not he himself. The show leaned left, but wasn't completely obnoxious unless it was an election year.

Here is Stewart absolutely shredding congress over 911 first responders. Spend 10 minutes of your time watching, it's well worth it.

I was hoping his apple show would be more like this, and not cheerleader for one side.

At 5:17 Stewart made a major point. He said congress should be down on the floor being judged. Goddammit if that isn't true for everything.

One of the men Stewart mentioned by name died just days after this speach. From cancer directly related to ground point zero.

Stewart pointed out that this hearing was nearly abandoned by congress, only a few bothered to show up. Yet, all of the absentees tweet and hashtag about 911 every year.

This is your wakeup call. Your lifetime appointees don't give a fvck. Geriatrics with hundreds of millions - Feinstein, Peolosi - only crave one thing. And it's not joe-taxpayer's wellbeing.

Is his show worth watching? I really like him, but towards the end of his reign on the Daily Show it became unwatchable. It felt like it was the writers, not he himself. The show leaned left, but wasn't completely obnoxious unless it was an election year.

Here is Stewart absolutely shredding congress over 911 first responders. Spend 10 minutes of your time watching, it's well worth it.

I was hoping his apple show would be more like this, and not cheerleader for one side.

So far, it’s issue driven. Everyone has political bias, I don’t expect him to completely separate his work from his views. That said, his interview with McDonough is pretty good & with watching.
There was a moment near the end of Stewart’s reign on The Daily Show where he used the term “on fleek” & it drew an awkward response from the crowd (as it should have.) His reaction in that moment really did make me think he had out-aged the audience & he was going to go do other stuff. It’s not primarily a comedy show - it’s more like him addressing bigger issues but there are jokes & bits to push the narrative

Reactions: HerdFan76

Here he is five years prior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT