ADVERTISEMENT

The reality of gun control

Just to troll, attribute these quotes:

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”

Just to troll, attribute these quotes:

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

“Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.”
Probably a Republican for the first one and a democrat for the second

Reagan and Marx

And both of them initiated gun control measures. In the case of Reagan, did the Marines have loaded weapons??? In the case of Marxism, look at gun control after the 1917 Revolution.

what are the libs going to do if the AR 15 platform is outlawed and the next shooter uses a pistol? Or a shotgun? or a bolt action rifle?

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Neither do guns
I'm as pissed about the drug epidemic as I am about the gun holocaust, but those kids that got shot by terrorists were probably not on drugs. Druggies usually overdose and kill themselves. Totally different things. Those kids didn't commit suicide the way drug users do. You don't just go crazy and distribute drugs to people and they immediately drop dead in an elementary school classroom. At least in the instance of being given harmful illegal drugs, the user has a choice to make, take drug and OD or don't take it. With mass shootings, the victims don't have a choice to choose life.

what are the libs going to do if the AR 15 platform is outlawed and the next shooter uses a pistol? Or a shotgun? or a bolt action rifle?
Not all people libs or cons are saying to outlaw ALL guns. Many are just saying do background checks and don't make it easy for young or crazy people to get deadly weapons.

Not all people libs or cons are saying to outlaw ALL guns. Many are just saying do background checks and don't make it easy for young or crazy people to get deadly weapons.
Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi would take every gun in this country and put a tracking device on you if they could get away with it.

Don't be fooled. And, so would 1,000 more of them

and you didn't answer my question. Here is what the columbine shooters used

Intratec TEC-9 Min, i Hi-Point 995 Carbine, Savage 67H pump-action shotgun, Stevens 311D double barreled sawed-off shotgun , 99 explosives, Four knives

And guess what? There was a ****ing " assualt weapons" ban at the time.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi would take every gun in this country and put a tracking device on you if they could get away with it.

Don't be fooled. And, so would 1,000 more of them

and you didn't answer my question. Here is what the columbine shooters used

Intratec TEC-9 Min, i Hi-Point 995 Carbine, Savage 67H pump-action shotgun, Stevens 311D double barreled sawed-off shotgun , 99 explosives, Four knives

And guess what? There was a ****ing " assualt weapons" ban at the time.
You know what needs to happen? Instead of saying "more guns, more guns!" why don't the gun-lovers propose something more sensible if liberals are proposing something that is going to end up banning everything as you fear? I don't care about what weapons the ANY mass shooter used.

Can we not agree on one thing? Mass shooters/murderers (and "regular" criminal shooters) have two ways of getting guns: LEGALLY or ILLEGALLY. Why can't right wing gun-lovers come up with a counter proposal to what you perceive as liberal extremist policies that are going to ban all civilian weapons forever? Why don't they propose that we should do background checks and make it harder for people to obtain deadly weapons? Why don't they enact legislation that increases the network of communication between behavioral health organizations and gun stores? There are things that can be done that can at least REDUCE the likelihood of violence. Let's make it HARDER on the next mass shooter to get those weapons. Will they still get something on the black market? Of course they might. But WHY MAKE IT DAMN EASY FOR A PSYCHOPATH??????? I think if your child was one of the babies killed in this or any other mass shooting, you might ask the same question. Parents of kids at Sandy Hook, etc. say the same thing.

So, the White House just went after cops, again. People will buy more guns to protect themselves. which brings me to my next point.

Hell, if might be its own thread.

But, some of you don't like the power the cops have. You don't like the power the military has. So, why in the name of sanity would you want to take away guns and give the cops and other agencies more power? Explain that one to me .

Do you honest to God have that much faith in someone like Nancy Pelosi to protect you from stuff ?

You know what needs to happen? Instead of saying "more guns, more guns!" why don't the gun-lovers propose something more sensible if liberals are proposing something that is going to end up banning everything as you fear? I don't care about what weapons the ANY mass shooter used.

Can we not agree on one thing? Mass shooters/murderers (and "regular" criminal shooters) have two ways of getting guns: LEGALLY or ILLEGALLY. Why can't right wing gun-lovers come up with a counter proposal to what you perceive as liberal extremist policies that are going to ban all civilian weapons forever? Why don't they propose that we should do background checks and make it harder for people to obtain deadly weapons? Why don't they enact legislation that increases the network of communication between behavioral health organizations and gun stores? There are things that can be done that can at least REDUCE the likelihood of violence. Let's make it HARDER on the next mass shooter to get those weapons. Will they still get something on the black market? Of course they might. But WHY MAKE IT DAMN EASY FOR A PSYCHOPATH??????? I think if your child was one of the babies killed in this or any other mass shooting, you might ask the same question. Parents of kids at Sandy Hook, etc. say the same thing.

1) Because there are people that would take every gun out of this country if they could
2)This guy was phsycho so why wasn't he getting help or locked up? That is not on the gun
3)If this guy was never reported with health or phsyco issues how is a data base going to pick it up?
4)See #1, there is far bigger evil out there and yes we have poltiicans that would do exactly that.

i think the raional fear is give an inch and they'll try taking a mile. that's precisely why the "gun lovers" dig their heals in so deeply.

Reactions: mlblack16.
i think the raional fear is give an inch and they'll try taking a mile. that's precisely why the "gun lovers" dig their heals in so deeply.
I think the fear is irrational. People are dying daily.

53 Americans are killed every day by a gun
1.5 million Americans have died from gun terror in the last 50 years, more deaths than all the wars USA has been in combined.
45,000 died in 2020 due to gun terror

fs Here is what I noticed coaching ball(different sports), raising a kid recently, and being around sports teams, school, etc. I enjoyed volunteering as a coach or helping but when it got to the end I was glad to be out of it. I am not talking play my Little Johnny because he is really an All Star but, just the whiney ass parents and kids who they are raising.

We make jokes about the vaginifcation of America. I cut up about it, but it is a real thing. There are parents out there who do this to the Mush brains(not the POTUS, the kids who are still learning). It is kind of sad. Hard to relate into words on a message board, but you can see it. We have some soft kids out there and when they get older or grow up they are in now way prepared for the hard world.

We took away authority and discipline out of schools. Hell, there were times I was in trouble in school. Sometimes a lot. Nothing real bad but I at least knew when to draw the line and respect teachers, the school leaders, etc. The schools have turned into romper room in many cases.

Dual work families. Like it or not it hurts the kids. Both parents working and the kids don't have the structure or time spent with them. They look for and find altnernatives and that can lead to trouble.

Social media and the phones and games. IT messes with them. Becomes an outlet. Your friends are measured by your likes or friends list. Hell, some people get in a panic if someone doesn't like a post within 3 minutes. And, the virtual bullying goes on with it and messes people up. IT is sensory over load sometimes.

Putting all these kids on all these drugs. Used too often in my opinion. It messes with their mind and sometimes becomes a crutch. Take a pill, I need a pill. Take your pill and it will fix you.

People miss the warning signs. Keeper pointed some of them out. Nobody wants to admit Little Johnny is off in the head and he may need real help and he needs to not be around school or people.
I think you are spot on! The only thing I bet we disagree on is you think this is a Dem/Lib problem, where I think it is a USA problem.

1) Because there are people that would take every gun out of this country if they could
2)This guy was phsycho so why wasn't he getting help or locked up? That is not on the gun
3)If this guy was never reported with health or phsyco issues how is a data base going to pick it up?
4)See #1, there is far bigger evil out there and yes we have poltiicans that would do exactly that.
#1 is BS. There are more than 400 millions guns out there. It's impossible to ban every weapon. That's flawed and foolish reasoning. Even democrats own guns and don't want to lose the right to bear arms. Completely idiotic thinking to believe dems want all guns banned from civilians. Foolishness of the highest order.
#2 Since you at least agree he was psycho, why don't you agree that if a good person and a psycho walk into a gun store that the psycho shouldn't be allowed to buy a deadly weapon? Why don't right wingers propose mental health laws that will allow them to network with background checks and gun stores if they really care about gun victims?
#3 There will be those that slip through the cracks and that's unfortunate. Just like your argument about criminals finding illegal ways to obtain weapons. It's the same reasoning. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THE PSYCHOS AND CRIMINALS TO KILL YOUR F'ING CHILD. KEY WORD: EASY.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

eas·y
/ˈēzē/
Learn to pronounce

adjective

1. 1.
    achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties.
    "an easy way of retrieving information"

I think the fear is irrational. People are dying daily.

53 Americans are killed every day by a gun
1.5 million Americans have died from gun terror in the last 50 years, more deaths than all the wars USA has been in combined.
45,000 died in 2020 due to gun terror
Including suicides in that count is somewhat disingenuous. And they make up over half.

Including suicides in that count is somewhat disingenuous. And they make up over half.
What is the following number :

black men killing each other with illegal guns? Particulary in large cities with strict gun laws.

My guess is that is a large percentage.

#1 is BS. There are more than 400 millions guns out there. It's impossible to ban every weapon. That's flawed and foolish reasoning. Even democrats own guns and don't want to lose the right to bear arms. Completely idiotic thinking to believe dems want all guns banned from civilians. Foolishness of the highest order.
#2 Since you at least agree he was psycho, why don't you agree that if a good person and a psycho walk into a gun store that the psycho shouldn't be allowed to buy a deadly weapon? Why don't right wingers propose mental health laws that will allow them to network with background checks and gun stores if they really care about gun victims?
#3 There will be those that slip through the cracks and that's unfortunate. Just like your argument about criminals finding illegal ways to obtain weapons. It's the same reasoning. DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THE PSYCHOS AND CRIMINALS TO KILL YOUR F'ING CHILD. KEY WORD: EASY.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

eas·y
/ˈēzē/
Learn to pronounce

adjective

1. 1.
    achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties.
    "an easy way of retrieving information"

I said they would IF they could. They would round all ot them up IF they could. And, they would.

The reported pysco CAN"T Legally by a ****ing gun now, Kenny. It is right there on the damn form and in the god damn laws of every state. Now if you say some of these peope are not reproting their kids being nuts, then ok. But, damn don't act like it is not illegal already.

How the hell are they suppossed to know or stop if it Little Nutjobs family or school or whoever never reports it?

Where’s Kenneth post every Monday after a typical Chicago weekend
Most of those are probably in gangs. You can't compare gang violence to kids sitting in a school classroom getting slaughtered. And even with those gangs, those gang members shouldn't have an easy time buying weapons legally. Legislation needs to make it harder. That's my stance. Yes people can still obtain stuff illegally, but it shouldn't be easy for them to get weapons legally from the store. A criminal or psychopath shouldn't be able to walk into any gun store and buy firearms. Background checks must be enforced. The sad thing is Greg Abbott made it easier for the Uvalde murderer to get his weapons legally.

but it shouldn't be easy for them to get weapons legally from the store. A criminal or psychopath shouldn't be able to walk into any gun store and buy firearms.
They can not buy guns easily. It is illegal under these circumstances already.

Most of those are probably in gangs. You can't compare gang violence to kids sitting in a school classroom getting slaughtered. And even with those gangs, those gang members shouldn't have an easy time buying weapons legally. Legislation needs to make it harder. That's my stance. Yes people can still obtain stuff illegally, but it shouldn't be easy for them to get weapons legally from the store. A criminal or psychopath shouldn't be able to walk into any gun store and buy firearms. Background checks must be enforced. The sad thing is Greg Abbott made it easier for the Uvalde murderer to get his weapons legally.
Do you think gang leaders are going into a gun store and buying a gun? CMon man

• Haha
Reactions: mufan08
Oh so it’s ok for gang bangers tomdrive around and shoot kids? Your thought process makes absolutely ZERO sense

Oh so it’s ok for gang bangers tomdrive around and shoot kids? Your thought process makes absolutely ZERO sense
I agree that violence is violence whether committed by a criminal gang or a psycho/racist 18-year-old. My main point is that every single gun sold in any location must conduct thorough background/behavioral health checks. Not everyone should be able to easily purchase a gun. If an 18 year old can't legally drink a beer, they shouldn't be able to legally buy a gun. Or it should at least be made HARDER for them to buy a gun. They must be placed under much more scrutiny.

I agree that violence is violence whether committed by a criminal gang or a psycho/racist 18-year-old. My main point is that every single gun sold in any location must conduct thorough background/behavioral health checks. Not everyone should be able to easily purchase a gun. If an 18 year old can't legally drink a beer, they shouldn't be able to legally buy a gun. Or it should at least be made HARDER for them to buy a gun. They must be placed under much more scrutiny.
How many guns have you purchased in your life.

Do you think gang leaders are going into a gun store and buying a gun? CMon man
We unfortunately don’t know since Congress banned the government from doing research into gun violence, but two decades ago when they did study that they found about half were purchased legally, about half illegally. Gun shows were a pretty common purchase point since they don’t require background checks.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
We unfortunately don’t know since Congress banned the government from doing research into gun violence, but two decades ago when they did study that they found about half were purchased legally, about half illegally. Gun shows were a pretty common purchase point since they don’t require background checks.
No…gun shows do require a background check if bought through a licensed dealer. But you knew that. If you’re going to debate at least start from a place of facts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT