ADVERTISEMENT

The reality of gun control

01G42S64MFNRWHFNMZ1FMDVTJT.jpeg

There is no well regulated militia....and you're a liar.
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”

commas separate individual clauses. It is amazing how you second amendment haters always ignore the second part of the amendment, the right of the PEOPLE, you don’t need to have one in order to have e the other.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation..."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

Reactions: ThunderCat98
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”

commas separate individual clauses. It is amazing how you second amendment haters always ignore the second part of the amendment, the right of the PEOPLE, you don’t need to have one in order to have e the other.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation..."

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

According to some the National Guard is the "well organized militia".

"Militia (United States) - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_(United_States)
South Carolina, Texas, Florida, and some others have State Guards that are separate from the National Guard. The National Guard can be federalized. The National Gutard is either part of the US Army or US Air Force.

Give it up . Guns are going nowhere. If some moron gun grabber ever tried it it would be the end of things as we know it. Rightnow it is one of the last things between us and tyranny. The press has been destroyed and DC is corrupt.

I own guns...I have no issue. But this isn't about "taking our guns" - it's about limiting a class of weapons similar to when automatic weapons became prohibited.

No it's not...

frog-in-a-pot.jpg

You can't be this naive...

GettyImages-158581520.0.0.0.jpg

You're a liar.

Denounce Xi Jinping and his communist regime then. And the slavery and human rights abuses that still exist in China. And the corporate and industrial espionage that costs US companies, and workers, billions of dollars each year. And the theft of intellectual property and trademark infringement that also costs Americans billions of dollars each year.

I won't even ask for a denouncement of China's reckless and irresponsible virology research. Just denounce the aspects of China mentioned in the former paragraph.

I own guns...I have no issue. But this isn't about "taking our guns" - it's about limiting a class of weapons similar to when automatic weapons became prohibited.
That’s fine but unless you give a very specific definition then you will end up banning other weapons. So please enlighten us on your definition of the types of weapons that should be banned

No it's not...

frog-in-a-pot.jpg

You can't be this naive...

GettyImages-158581520.0.0.0.jpg
Is that a pic from Australia? Not relevant. I believe they took all semi-automatic guns including shotguns. Not aware of anyone proposing that....except the usual conspiracy theorists.

That’s fine but unless you give a very specific definition then you will end up banning other weapons. So please enlighten us on your definition of the types of weapons that should be banned
The same assault weapons banned from 1994 - 2005.

• Haha
Is that a pic from Australia? Not relevant. I believe they took all semi-automatic guns including shotguns. Not aware of anyone proposing that....except the usual conspiracy theorists.

Yep.. not relevant...

These quotes from our Founding Father's must not be either...

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

I like those timeless guys having my back rather than someone as reactionary and short-sighted as you. Those guys could see the future, you can't seem to see the last century's governmental and military abuses caused by gun control...

Yep.. not relevant...

These quotes from our Founding Father's must not be either...

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

I like those timeless guys having my back rather than someone as reactionary and short-sighted as you. Those guys could see the future, you can't seem to see the last century's governmental and military abuses caused by gun control...
Again, no one outside of conspiracy theorists are proposing "disarming".

Not sure how an assault rifle would stand up to armed drones, air power and mechanized weaponry - none of which existed when the constitution was written.

BTW, the US Constitution also has no explicit provision for either an Air Force or a Space Force. Both were created by an act of Congress....just like the National Guard.

I believe they took all semi-automatic guns including shotguns.

You believe???

You do realize, like the frog in the boiling pot of water, that Australia has incrementalized and expanded its gun bans (wow, who could have ever seen that coming???) to include pistols and centerfire rifles with a magazine capacity over 5 rounds...

This is an assault weapon in Australia...

listing_pic_1474166_1512340075.jpeg

And what is in the media today???

But yeah, you're right. None of this is relevant...

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. You interested?

Recent Democratic presidential candidate and current gubernatorial candidate.

Current VPOTUS

"As a California prosecutor, she supported strengthening the state's existing assault weapons ban and as attorney general, Harris often conducted high-profile and televised gun sweeps."

They can go to hell and I mean it. I am not giving it up. Any Republican that supports a ban can go with them. They will literally have to come and get it and it is not for sale.

Not sure how an assault rifle would stand up to armed drones, air power and mechanized weaponry - none of which existed when the constitution was written.

Seem to work pretty well in Iraq, Afghanistan and the rest of the Middle East...

But against armored personnel carriers in Texas, not so much...

Chipman.jpg

Remember who Biden nominated to head the ATF???

-----------------------------

Every hear of Vietnam, Afghanistan(Russians and USA), and hell your beloved fight in Ukraine?

Why do soliders and marines carry rifles then?

Are you really asking that question?

BTW, the US Constitution also has no explicit provision for either an Air Force or a Space Force. Both were created by an act of Congress....just like the National Guard.
Biden just said no one should have a 9mm. What assault rifle uses a 9mm round?

The same assault weapons banned from 1994 - 2005.
What about an intratec tec dc9. And what do you do with millions already out there? Do you confiscate them? Do you buy them back? If so there will be a lot of boating accidents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT