ADVERTISEMENT

The "smartest" people on the planet were wrong...

raleighherdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 22, 2010
Amazing excuses when just about anyone with knowledge of the economy knew this was going to happen. Keynesian economic failure.

More proof Biden and his admin are morons

"As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I didn't—at the time—didn't fully understand, but we recognize that now," Yellen said on CNN.

The govt lifers literally have NO CLUE as to how the private sector works or how profit is made/lost or supply chains, etc. Literally none.

Govt got in and messed with the supply chain and also put too much money into supply. Pure govt failure and either a total misunderstanding of how things work in the real world or they are doing it on purpose.

Reactions: 19MU88
Amazing excuses when just about anyone with knowledge of the economy knew this was going to happen. Keynesian economic failure.

More proof Biden and his admin are morons

"As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I didn't—at the time—didn't fully understand, but we recognize that now," Yellen said on CNN.
Awh, you mean that bitch who's older than Greed's beard didn't fully understand today's economics? Who would've ever thought?

Govt got in and messed with the supply chain and also put too much money into supply. Pure govt failure and either a total misunderstanding of how things work in the real world or they are doing it on purpose.
MORON^^^

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE.

Explain that please
Sure. The pipeline was not expected to be operational until 2023. Additionally, it would carry less than 1% of the global oil consumption, and U S refineries are running at capacity. I'll say it again....

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE.

Sure. The pipeline was not expected to be operational until 2023. Additionally, it would carry less than 1% of the global oil consumption, and U S refineries are running at capacity. I'll say it again....

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE.
But it is the cheapest and safest way to transport crude, so if you are serious about lowering prices, which they are not, why not signal to the market that yes, we are serious , we will do what it takes. When he canceled the pipeline, gas at the pump went up $0.50 per gal that day!!!

Oil companies like any company want stability. They don't want assurance or pseudo permits for a year or two. They cam deal with regulation as long as they know what they are and they are longer term. They are not going to invest knowing they might have a year or two to try to make profit on a lease. They might not realize profit on that for a decade.

That's what is being missed here. Why would they go invest knowing an overzealous EPA might come after them or change regulations in year 2. They won't.

When you cancel the pipeline you shake investment and futures. And here we are.

But remember Dems wanted this in the name of green energy.

. Oil production, however, has only partially recovered. The most recent data available from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) shows current U.S. oil production at ~11.6 million BPD — still 1.4 million BPD short of pre-pandemic production. This shortfall is a major factor that led to the run-up of oil and gasoline prices over the past year.

Wall St began divesting $billons in oil before the pandemic. All dictated by Fed govt policy that has been hell bent on eliminating fossil fuels decades before we are actually ready.

The pandemic accelerated that and contributed to $billions more in operating losses in these companies. Mush brain Joe does not actually care. The Dems don’t actually care. This is exactly what they want to drive us into a “zero carbon” lunacy.

But it is the cheapest and safest way to transport crude, so if you are serious about lowering prices, which they are not, why not signal to the market that yes, we are serious , we will do what it takes. When he canceled the pipeline, gas at the pump went up $0.50 per gal that day!!!
The price per gallon of gas on 1/11/21 was $2.31, the price on 1/25/21 was $2.39. Prices hadn't increased by 50 cents per gallon until the middle of March, nearly 2 months after biden took office. Stop getting your information from memes.

Oil companies like any company want stability. They don't want assurance or pseudo permits for a year or two. They cam deal with regulation as long as they know what they are and they are longer term. They are not going to invest knowing they might have a year or two to try to make profit on a lease. They might not realize profit on that for a decade.

That's what is being missed here. Why would they go invest knowing an overzealous EPA might come after them or change regulations in year 2. They won't.

When you cancel the pipeline you shake investment and futures. And here we are.

But remember Dems wanted this in the name of green energy.
You're a lying idiot trumptard oath breaker.

. Oil production, however, has only partially recovered. The most recent data available from the Energy Information Administration (EIA) shows current U.S. oil production at ~11.6 million BPD — still 1.4 million BPD short of pre-pandemic production. This shortfall is a major factor that led to the run-up of oil and gasoline prices over the past year.

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE

The price per gallon of gas on 1/11/21 was $2.31, the price on 1/25/21 was $2.39. Prices hadn't increased by 50 cents per gallon until the middle of March, nearly 2 months after biden took office. Stop getting your information from memes.
not a the bottom of the hill were I buy my gas!! When I went to work it was $2.00, when I came home it was $2.50

Wall St began divesting $billons in oil before the pandemic.
Well yeah. Do you want a small but steady profit, or GET RICH QUICK?

You are the expert so maybe you can agree or refute this, but seems to me since the 90's Wall Street has really chased the next big thing in a fairly reckless manner. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it does not (it ALWAYS works out for someone, just 95% get kicked in the nuts when it doesn't). Is this not why we revere Buffet as old-school and wise?

The Dems wanted this an tried to scream bad oil companies.

If Mush did an executive order opening the pipeline and easing permitting, gas would go down in days.

Hell, he met with oil execs and they told him, we are not going to invest when you give us a year permit. We don't even make money sometimes on these leases until year 10. We spend millions of dollars just mobilizing and researching the lease and you are talking about shutting us down or giving us a year or two. So, no we are not going to do it and take chance on losing millions of dollars.

If Mush did an executive order opening the pipeline and easing permitting, gas would go down in days.
You're an idiot....
Hell, he met with oil execs and they told him, we are not going to invest when you give us a year permit. We don't even make money sometimes on these leases until year 10. We spend millions of dollars just mobilizing and researching the lease and you are talking about shutting us down or giving us a year or two. So, no we are not going to do it and ta....
....a lying idiot

Here is link about the talks

While any significant acceleration of U.S. production growth would take at least a year, executives say that more accommodative policy needs to start now. Their list of requests include restarting federal lease sales, approving liquefied natural gas permits and supporting new pipelines.

“I’ve spoken to several of the other CEOS, not just this week but over the last several months, since I joined this administration,” he said in an interview on Bloomberg TV. “We are talking to the industry and will continue to do so.”

----------

Look at when prices started going up, not long after the keystone got cut.

Some people just don't udnerstand how govt interference and manipulation shakes confidence and investment.

However, at this point, the Biden admin appears to be doing it on purpose in order to cave into their lunatics within their party.

Here is link about the talks

While any significant acceleration of U.S. production growth would take at least a year, executives say that more accommodative policy needs to start now. Their list of requests include restarting federal lease sales, approving liquefied natural gas permits and supporting new pipelines.

“I’ve spoken to several of the other CEOS, not just this week but over the last several months, since I joined this administration,” he said in an interview on Bloomberg TV. “We are talking to the industry and will continue to do so.”

----------

Some people just don't udnerstand how govt interference and manipulation shakes confidence and investment.

However, at this point, the Biden admin appears to be doing it on purpose in order to cave into their lunatics within their party.
You're a lying idiot.

That’s true gas prices did rise after the cut
Of the pipeline. You can look it up or provide the link to show they went down
This^^^is the reason you're an idiot.

Here's the quote from the oath breaker....

Prices started going up in November of 2020. <<<That is before the pipeline got nixed.

Prices started going up in November of 2020. <<<That is before the pipeline got nixed.

Yes and right after Biden was elected and confirmed his plans to nix the project. This article from November 2020 was contemporary to this.

"Canada is pushing to build the Keystone XL oil pipeline, but US President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to nix the project."

Nice hairs that you are splitting there. Kind of irrelevant to the essence of the matter...

Reactions: sluggo72
Yes and right after Biden was elected and confirmed his plans to nix the project. This article from November 2020 was contemporary to this.

"Canada is pushing to build the Keystone XL oil pipeline, but US President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to nix the project."

Nice hairs that you are splitting there. Kind of irrelevant to the essence of the matter...
This^^^is the reason you're an idiot.

Here's the quote from the oath breaker....

Prices started going up in November of 2020. <<<That is before the pipeline got nixed

Well yeah. Do you want a small but steady profit, or GET RICH QUICK?

You are the expert so maybe you can agree or refute this, but seems to me since the 90's Wall Street has really chased the next big thing in a fairly reckless manner. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it does not (it ALWAYS works out for someone, just 95% get kicked in the nuts when it doesn't). Is this not why we revere Buffet as old-school and wise?
Are you suggesting green energy is a reckless venture??

Liberals used to say gas prices went up because everyone started driving again after COVID, but when enough people with a brain pointed out that prices were low BEFORE the Chink Virus, they eventually needed a new excuse.

Luckily, Putin came along and became their new favorite scapegoat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT