ADVERTISEMENT

The three point shot

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Has 100% ruined the game. Throw basic fundementals out the window. Take down the backboards they are not needed. Kids quit working on using both hands unless u can shoot threes. Herdman called it the vagination of america. Take the easy way. Okay the 3 point shot was not put in to change the game. No need for coaches either. Now lets consider this.Use the 3 point line only the last part of each half. By the way switch to. 4 quarters too. Back the 3 point line way back. Dantonni brothers have played a big role in bringing basketball down to a turkey shoot. Heck i quess magic johnson couldnt play un todays game. I am not against DD
With the talent and lack of size he has done well. A lay up is always better than a 3 from the quarter. Basketball is now more a girls game..pissed

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
First thing is i take no meds. Second i have had a stomach flu and uk"'s game was nothing to get upset about. They made a bowl, good enough so make it two in a row. Hearing coach dan say a three from the corner is the best shot made me sick.Now we know this after his interview, he could careless about getting any big guys unless the shoot the three. I quess shaq would have sat the bench at marshall.Ruining the game. Same as in football. Dont grind out a drive. Throw deep every play Either sCORE quick or go to the sidelines and REST

You are old as bill russell greenduke. He was saying exactly what i was saying 2 years ago.

A lay up is always better than a 3 from the quarter.

D'antoni did not say a three point shot from the corner was better than a lay up. :rolleyes:

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

D'antoni did not say a three point shot from the corner was better than a lay up. :rolleyes:

Uh, yes he did say that.

An excerpt from the article linked below :

" When asked if Marshall didn't score in the paint enough, D'Antoni asked a reporter if he's ever seen the NBA."..........."the post up is the worst shot in basketball. If you want to run down there and try to get it in the paint to shoot over somebody, then you're beating analytics. The best shot in basketball is the corner three. The next-best shot in basketball is any other three."

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-dantoni-why-3-pointers-are-best-shots-in-basketball-2016-12

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Uh, yes he did say that.

An excerpt from the article linked below :

" When asked if Marshall didn't score in the paint enough, D'Antoni asked a reporter if he's ever seen the NBA."..........."the post up is the worst shot in basketball. If you want to run down there and try to get it in the paint to shoot over somebody, then you're beating analytics. The best shot in basketball is the corner three. The next-best shot in basketball is any other three."

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-dantoni-why-3-pointers-are-best-shots-in-basketball-2016-12

UH - no he didn't say a three-point shot is better than a lay-up. As you pointed out, you quoted just an excerpt. However, reading the entire article (and having watched the entire press conference), it would have been evident because (from the same article):

"If you can get a layup and it's clean — it's not one that's highly contested — it's [worth] 1.8 points [per attempt]. It's 1.3 from that corner, 1.27. Do you know what a post-up is, with a guy standing over top of you? It's 0.78."

IT IS CLEAR that DD stated that a lay-up is the highest percentage and most efficient scoring opportunity on the floor. In context, the quote you are referencing is clear that by "shot" DD is talking about shots from the floor that are not lay-ups. Selectively reading and quoting information is a big reason why so much misinformation gets communicated as fact when it isn't.

Sister sorry you have the flu. So do I. That said the last time I checked a layup is worth 2 points. A three is just that - 3 points. Don't know if you were around but in our 1988 home NIT game against VCU we needed a three to win and Rodney Holden drove in for a layup. Right. We lost.

Wasn't there someone on this board a few years ago complaining that the slam dunk had ruined basketball? And should be removed from the game. Interesting that both could ruin the game... seems counterintuitive

UH - no he didn't say a three-point shot is better than a lay-up. As you pointed out, you quoted just an excerpt. However, reading the entire article (and having watched the entire press conference), it would have been evident because (from the same article):

"If you can get a layup and it's clean — it's not one that's highly contested — it's [worth] 1.8 points [per attempt]. It's 1.3 from that corner, 1.27. Do you know what a post-up is, with a guy standing over top of you? It's 0.78."

IT IS CLEAR that DD stated that a lay-up is the highest percentage and most efficient scoring opportunity on the floor. In context, the quote you are referencing is clear that by "shot" DD is talking about shots from the floor that are not lay-ups. Selectively reading and quoting information is a big reason why so much misinformation gets communicated as fact when it isn't.

Thank you Olen...exactly what I was going to post about our Cuz-in-law, DD. I HERD him Loud & Clear.....

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Reactions: Herdmeister
I just think there is room for shots all over the floor and dont forget that defense wins championships. Guys its not right or wrong but i dont like how the game is being played.

I just think there is room for shots all over the floor and dont forget that defense wins championships. Guys its not right or wrong but i dont like how the game is being played.
Hasn't been the same since they took down the peach baskets and put up iron & glass.

Reactions: Elkview
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT