ADVERTISEMENT

the u.s. stands alone

Read Rock's post above yours. This isn't about free trade, this is about American manufacturers being able to compete on a level playing field with international competitors. Trump is talking about protectionism, but it's more of a threat than anything. He's no protectionist. He's threatening to impose tariffs on imported goods knowing that European and Asian leaders will be pissing themselves, as the US is the largest buyer of their exported goods.

I get what it is about. What you are overlooking is how this flies in the face of a sacred GOP platform. It might get votes as populism (hell, no matter what some of you think it is THE issue that won for Trump, all you have to do is look at what areas won him the election), but if it is embraced by the House and Senate it is a hell of a flip.

I am kind of surprised you would support tariffs. Or even the threat of tariffs. You are very much a free market libertarian.

Wrong, liar. You claimed that his only accomplishments before president were basically in academics and winning state elections. Yet, he made millions with his book deal, was promoted from an associate to of counsel (you do realize that you don't go to of counsel, partner, etc. unless you bill a certain number of hours, bring in enough revenue/clients, etc., right?), and had been a professor for 13 years at a top law school.

Based on any reasonable view, those things are pretty fvcking successful . . . and that is after you excluded two major accomplishments from being a part of it.

So, tell me again how you can infer that other than academics and state elections, he really hadn't accomplished anything even though he was making multi-millions in a book deal and hundreds of thousands per year as an attorney and professor.

Again, by any reasonable standards, those are some pretty impressive accomplishments.

It was sarcasm based on your choice for president having fabricated that Obama was born in sub-Saharan Africa.

What is so exceptional about making multi-millions on a book deal? Christ, how about looking at all of the presidents in modern history and comparing their success before becoming state-level politicians:

Georgie Dubya' Bush: founded an oil exploration company that folded. He then became a "partner" of the Texas Rangers in which he invested 1/178th (that's .0056%) of the necessary funds to buy the team. Of course, he was also the son of a president, so he should have had far, far greater advantages, privileges, connections, and expectations than a son of a VP of a bank.

Clinton: he claims to have the lowest net worth of any president before taking office.

George Herbert Bush: he used his father's business connections to get started in oil. Like Obama, he made multi-millions before taking office, but it wasn't substantially more than Obama had made in his book deals and being an attorney/professor.

Jimmy Carter? Gerald Ford?

You have already excluded two great accomplishments from being discussed for Obama (his academic pursuits and winning state elections). Yet, now you're downplaying his multi-millions in book earnings and ignoring that he was an accomplished enough attorney to be promoted from associate after just a few years and become a professor for many years at a top law school.

For the tenth time, by any reasonable view, making millions from a book deal, being an attorney who was promoted from associate after a few years, and being a professor for 13 years at a leading law school is pretty fvcking accomplished.

It wasn't 13 years as a lawyer. Further, it wasn't 13 years as an "associate lawyer." It was 11 years total as an attorney, only a few of which were as an associate. It was 13 years as a professor at a top law school. Remember, reading comprehension.

In the '90s, associates weren't starting out at $170,000. Salaries have drastically increased over the last 25 years.

There are so many reasons why your post is one of the dumbest of the year so far. Now, you're trying to rip on a guy who bought a $1.6 million house in his early 40s because it took too long for him to do it according to your standards.

Writing a book isn't exceptional to me. Making millions off of writing a book is exceptional to me. Producing a record isn't exceptional to me. Making millions off of producing a record is exceptional to me.

Suddenly, you are attempting to now be this bleeding heart who doesn't think career success is measured by dollars. Hence, one of the reasons you were called a "liar" in this thread.

Face it, your attempt was awful, blew up in your face, and no reasonable view would claim that Obama wasn't accomplished before becoming president.

Let's try and clean up your timeframe of his "financial success" claims.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...on-since-arriving-in-washington/#6db55c065bf0

Work on your timelines. Is Forbes lying? Even politfact states the 1.8m book deal wasn't earned until AFTER he was president (AFTER it was republished). I wonder what the first release netted him?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/mar/07/obamas-20-years-experience/

Is politifact lying about his financial earnings timeframe too? Nope.

Also, your "dumbest post of the year" spiel is tired and worn out. Try some new material on people you disagree with.

Face it. This thread hasn't blown up in my face. It's only proven my point. Obama's accomplishment was becoming President (and subsequent destruction of his party).

Reactions: ohio herd
Let's try and clean up your timeframe of his "financial success" claims..

My timeline is perfectly accurate, which I'll show with your own links. As a result, I'd rather work on your reading comprehension.

From your own damn link:

"In January 2005, the same month he joined the Senate, he got approval from its ethics committee for a $1.9 million advance against royalties with Random House for two non-fiction books and one children’s book."

From your other damn link:

"His personal financial disclosure statements show that those books earned him $1.8-million in 2005 and 2006"

So, even EXCLUDING his salaries from his legal work, teaching, or as a senator, he was making at least $1 million per year JUST FROM HIS ADVANCE years before becoming president.

Why stop there?

From your own damn link:

"The Obamas . . . made an average of $2.4 million annually over the next four years, even before Barack got elected president."

Do you have trouble understanding that? The four years before Obama was elected, they made nearly $10 million.

. Is Forbes lying?

Is politifact lying about his financial earnings timeframe too?

Neither of them are lying because neither of them state what you claim they do. From your links, where did you get those claims?

Listen, I call a lot of deserving people "morons" on here. When it comes to reading and understanding what you're reading, you're one of the biggest morons on this board. Time after time you butcher basic reading.

You are now resorting to fabricating things your own links don't state.

Even politfact states the 1.8m book deal wasn't earned until AFTER he was president (AFTER it was republished).

No, it doesn't, dummy. You gave the link that allegedly states that, but it doesn't. Try again.

Also, your "dumbest post of the year" spiel is tired and worn out. Try some new material on people you disagree with.

).

Yet again you're wrong. At most, I've only used "dumbest post of the year" one other time. I have used "dumbest post of the month" a few more times. You do know the difference between a month and a year, right? Well, why can't you read them to be different then?

Face it. This thread hasn't blown up in my face. It's only proven my point. Obama's accomplishment was becoming President (and subsequent destruction of his party).

It had already blown up in your face, and now you're just cementing it as one of the dumbest attempts ever with more incorrect information.

You had two others like your other post. Neither of them are dumb enough to come to your rescue now. I urge them both (@murox @19MU88 ) to read this thread, read your links, and see if they are going to support the bullshit you claim your links say that you think refutes what I've posted.

There are so many huge errors by you just in your last post:

1) Your links don't claim what you say they do.
2) Your links don't refute anything I said.
3) Your links do nothing to change the timeline I provided, yet you claim they do.
4) Your own links state that the Obamas made about $10 million in the four years leading up to his election.

I'd like to start a new award- the "dumb, stupid, fvcking moron" award.

I'm giving you the inaugural award. Congratulations.

At this point, you may want to claim you were drunk off of your ass, had your account hacked, or were getting blown by the First Stripper to try and lower the embarrassment.

No one will "rescue" me now??? Bahahahaha. What are you? 12?? Lmao.

besides getting a publishing deal and a book contract/advance shortly after graduating;

Nope. Not even close.

Get your timeline straight. His book advance didn't happen until 10 years after he "wrote" the book the first time and after he gave his Dem convention speech as a senator.

(Thank goodness for being elected)

During these years, Obama also worked on his career as an author. His memoir Dreams from my Father was published in 1994 and reprinted after his speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. A follow-up, The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream , was published in 2006. His personal financial disclosure statements show that those books earned him $1.8-million in 2005 and 2006, the majority of his income.)

Dreams From My Father, originally published in 1995, also took off once he landed in the nation's capital

(Publishing deal soon after graduation. Lol. Nope. Thank goodness for getting elected)

Was Obama accomplished before president? Basically academics and winning state elections

I stand by this original post. Without originally being elected to govt office he would never have received the "do-over" book release and subsequent deal preceding his presidential run.

Christ. You have failed so miserably that you don't even try and save the other stuff I just pointed out that you bombed. You are now trying to find minor things you think I have stated that were incorrect. But, again, you have failed:

Nope. Not even close.

Get your timeline straight. His book advance didn't happen until 10 years after he "wrote" the book the first time and after he gave his Dem convention speech as a senator.

"Mr. Obama’s story first surfaced publicly in February 1990, when he was elected as the first black president of The Harvard Law Review. An initial wire service report described him simply as a 28-year-old, second-year student from Hawaii who had 'not ruled out a future in politics'; but in the days that followed, newspaper reporters grew interested and produced long, detailed profiles of Mr. Obama.

The coverage prompted a call to him from Jane Dystel, a gravelly-voiced literary agent described by Peter Osnos, then the publisher of Times Books, as 'a good journeyman with a hard edge.' The home page of her firm’s Web site currently features clients’ best sellers including 'Lies at the Altar: The Truth About Great Marriages.' Ms. Dystel suggested Mr. Obama write a book proposal. Then she got him a contract with Poseidon Press, a now-defunct imprint of Simon & Schuster. When he missed his deadline . . . she got him another contract . . . and . . . advance from Times Books."

As the link states, this happened when Barack was about 28 years. In other words, "shortly after graduating," exactly like I claimed and exactly what you claimed was wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/us/politics/18memoirs.html?pagewanted=all

So, yes, what I stated ("besides getting a publishing deal and a book contract/advance shortly after graduating") was entirely correct. That quote is what you have continued to claim is false. You continue to be wrong on every single thing you contest.

His personal financial disclosure statements show that those books earned him $1.8-million in 2005 and 2006, the majority of his income.)

Wait! How could this be! He wasn't elected president until 2008, yet he was making nearly $1 million per year from his books in each of 2005 and 2006. How could this be possible when just a few hours ago you said . . .

Even politfact states the 1.8m book deal wasn't earned until AFTER he was president (AFTER it was republished).

Not only did Politifact not claim what you said it did, but you just quoted your own link contradicting what you had posted (and linked) hours ago! Brilliant!

(Publishing deal soon after graduation. Lol. Nope. Thank goodness for getting elected)

Yep, soon after graduation. The link I just posted proves it. Are you going to try challenging that a third time or have you learned your lesson now?

I stand by this original post. Without originally being elected to govt office he would never have received the "do-over" book release and subsequent deal preceding his presidential run.

You stand by that post? How can you stand by that post when you just changed your quotation? This is the post you quoted and said you stand by:

Was Obama accomplished before president? Basically academics and winning state elections

Now, after claiming to "stand by that post," you have moved the goal posts and said "without originally being elected to government office." So, are you "standing by" that he wasn't accomplished before president or are you dishonestly moving your argument to claim that he wasn't accomplished before being elected to "any government office."

God damn. Stupid AND dishonest now! You are purposely changing your comments to save your ass and it is failing miserably.

"Nope- Obama wasn't accomplished before becoming president. I am standing by that. Yep, he only made about $10 million in the four years before he became president, but I am standing by my argument that he wasn't accomplished before becoming president." - the biggest moron the board has seen this year

Now, are you going to keep trying to nitpick and try to say I was wrong on anything else or will you take your final breaths peacefully? I haven't seen somebody continue trying and failing since 30cat used to get abused more than a decade ago on the smack board.

@murox and @19MU88 - you two aren't innocent in this either. You can't go around "liking" posts which are entirely false and then disappear when it all blows up in your face.

Are you still supporting that Obama wasn't successful other than academics and winning state elections before becoming president? Care to discuss his book deal and advance either shortly after graduating college or while still in school? Care to discuss his $10 million in earnings JUST within the four years before being elected?

Don't let the dumb, stupid, fvcking moron award recipient hang on his own for this.

That's a problem with this site. We have too many morons going around liking posts simply because they are against a poster they don't like personally or because it fits their agenda even if it is factually incorrect. Then, those same "likers" disappear when shit hits the fan and the post they liked is exposed as being entirely false.

Last edited:
I'm not understating his daughter's resume in any way. Her biggest accomplishment is being a shoe designer. On the other hand, you are greatly diminishing Obama's resume. He was far more than a "community organizer" before becoming president.

Really, none of you seem to have a problem with sending a shoe designer to represent the U.S. with those world leaders?
for real? She sat in his seat when he took a break. By the way I would rather have that "shoe designer sit in the chair than the community org.

Rifle and other libs would you be complaining like this if Chelsea replaced her mom during this talk?

And yes I know conservatives would be complaining just like you are right now

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Rifle and other libs would you be complaining like this if Chelsea replaced her mom during this talk?

I can't even stretch my mind to that happening because Hillary would hire experienced, qualified people to do that . . . not a former model and shoe designer.

Pretend your father was the CEO of a Fortune 100 company. At a meeting of fellow Fortune 500 CEOs, he sent you to fill in for him (this isn't a jab at you, just saying nobody on here is qualified to represent a Fortune 100 CEO at that type of meeting). The other CEOs would be insulted and rightfully so.

I can't even stretch my mind to that happening because Hillary would hire experienced, qualified people to do that . . . not a former model and shoe designer.

LOL--Hillary's hired an experienced/qualified team and spent over two billion dollars just trying to get her elected.

That sure worked out well.

It's not that I don't continue to agree with raleigh's position -- I do -- I just don't have the patience to argue with you over this. Is Ivanka qualified to sit in that meeting? No. Was Obama qualified to be president? No.

Reactions: 19MU88
but in the days that followed, newspaper reporters grew interested and produced long, detailed profiles of Mr. Obama.

I am sure the country was riveted. No, not really. As we will see later in this article, even black magazines didn't give a twit until he ran for Senate.

he missed his deadline . . . she got him another contract . . . . . advance from Times Books

"When he missed his deadline, she got him another contract and $40,000."

Man...he took that literary idea pretty serious. But wait........$40k? Why leave that out?

- book deal with an advance (which usually doesn't happen unless there is strong promise
$40k is "promise"?

Such promise.....................(he probably owed the publisher his advance because the sales were so terrible...lets continue below)

A Memoir Revived

The book came out in the summer of 1995, shortly before Mr. Obama announced that he was running for the Illinois State Senate. At 57th Street Books, in Mr. Obama’s neighborhood in Chicago, a few dozen people turned out for a reading. There were respectful reviews in newspapers including The New York Times and The Boston Globe. Times Books sold 8,000 to 9,000 copies.

What? 8000 to 9000 copies??? Fvck sake.....his own neighborhood wouldn't turn out to buy one. I can see why. Have you read that book? ZZzzzzzz

As I said, thank a deity the man had his political career to fall back on to revive it. Even a black magazine in his own town refused to review it...

Hermene Hartman was the publisher of N’Digo, a magazine in Chicago aimed at upscale black readers. As Ms. Hartman tells it, she got a call from Mr. Obama in the fall of 1995 saying he wanted to come and talk. He wanted her to read his newly published memoir.

Ms. Hartman read the book, “Dreams From My Father,” but chose not to review it.

Damn. That's "promise". As I accurately stated earlier. His election to state politics was the kicker.

....when he ran for the United States Senate eight years later, N’Digo became the first magazine to put Mr. Obama on its cover...
Wait? What? It took 8 more years for a black man with such high levels of success to make it to a cover of a magazine that revolves around upscale blacks?

However, the best line out of your article is this one. Maybe the most honest line ever written in the NYT about Obumma.

He has risen in politics less on his track record than on his telling of his life story.

(A story that had to be told, at least, twice before even any democrat really gave a shit)

Last edited:
? Care to discuss his book deal and advance either shortly after graduating college or while still in school?

Rox and the gang don't need to discuss this pathetic deal. 8000 books sold (after taking more than 3 years to write it) barely earned him the $40k he was advanced for "displaying such promise". lmao.

It's not that I don't continue to agree with raleigh's position -- I do -- I just don't have the patience to argue with you over this.

So, you agree that Obama wasn't successful other than in academics and getting elected to state positions before his presidency?

Are you going to admit that every single thing you tried claiming was wrong?

Hell no. Because "every single thing I claimed" was NOT wrong. Outside of his academics and ability to get elected, nothing in his past constituted a level of success that dictated presidential qualifications.

Hell no. Because "every single thing I claimed" was NOT wrong. Outside of his academics and ability to get elected, nothing in his past constituted a level of success that dictated presidential qualifications.

How many more times do you want to move the goal posts? Try being honest at least once in this thread.

You've falsely attributed comments to TWO of your own sources that they never stated. When asked to show where those things were in your links, you ran.

You've changed your own argument three times now. Whenncalled out on that, you ran.

You've quoted yourself, claimed you stood by that quote, but then explained something entirely different.

You've claimed that Obama never received a book advance until ten years after my claim. When I proved otherwise, you claim it doesn't count because it wasn't for enough money.

You claimed he was an associate for 13 years. Not only did he not practice law for 13 years (that was his tenure as a professor), but he was of counsel for longer than an associate. You ran when called out on that.

You claimed my timeline was wrong, yet ran after I proved that it wasn't.

You contradicted your own incorrect statements regarding his book advance - "earned after his presidency" turned into "earned him $1.8 million in 2005 and 2006." You ran when called out on that.

Your feet must be tired from all of that running.

Besides 30cat a decade ago, this is the single-worst thread I've seen a poster continuously be wrong on regarding so many claims.

Reactions: dherd
You've changed your own argument three times now. Whenncalled out on that, you ran.

I never "ran". I've been here throughout the entire posting of this thread laughing at some of your childish remarks. Haven't changed my argument 3 times either. As I read Rox's introductory post related to this topic, it was pretty easy to interpret. The entire premise of this Obama "success" debate has been based on one's perceived Obumma successes translating to presidential qualifications. If you don't believe that, I (like many reviewers of Obama's book pre US Senate election) don't give a damn.

Nothing I've said altered that basic premise or the opinion I hold that suggests Obumma having limited successes outside of academia and state politics warranted presidential election.

If book income, and a "single $1m" property in your 40s are the stalwart of success (as you kept trying to point out) and reinforcing one's qualification of becoming Prez (which I believe was the basis for this conversation starting out), then Cheeto is more than qualified to do the job.

If book income, and a "single $1m" property in your 40s are the stalwart of success (as you kept trying to point out) and reinforcing one's qualification of becoming Prez (which I believe was the basis for this conversation starting out), then Cheeto is more than qualified to do the job.

No, you're the one who limited this discussion to not include his academic accomplishments or political accomplishments. You claimed he wasn't accomplished before becoming president other than in academics and state elections. I have shown you that he earned nearly $10 million in the four years alone before becoming president.

Along the way of proving you wrong on that major point, I pointed out numerous other incorrect comments you made. Things that are not opinion based, but solid facts.

So, a guy who earns $10 million within four years without any outside help (he wasn't given $500 million to invest or anything) hasn't made any accomplishments. Your view is neither rational or reasonable.

A guy could make $250,000/year from the ages of 25 - 65 and make what Obama did in four years, yet Obama isn't accomplished according to you.

Again, irrational, unreasonable, and did nothing but make errors this entire thread.

You claimed he wasn't accomplished before becoming president other than in academics and state elections

Exactly. Within the context of reinforcing Rox's point of overall presidential qualifications. (Pssst..which is why he ultimately agreed with me. :D)

A guy could make $250,000/year from the ages of 25 - 65 and make what Obama did in four years, yet Obama isn't accomplished according to you

Again, wasn't the basis for the discussion. I would never be so bold, irrational, or unreasonable to believe that income "success" translates to presidential qualifications. (which is the same thing your kind has been saying since Trumps presidential bid)

So, a guy who earns $10 million within four years without any outside help

Sure he had help. Plenty of help. He had the backing of the democrat party, and media PR machines (re) pump a book that flopped 8 years prior. After he proved that a democrat black man could articulate in front of a camera on national television, he could have written a new release of The Little Red Barn and it would have sold for millions.

Some "thanks" he gave the Dem party for creating his image. Leaves them in shambles.

Exactly. Within the context of reinforcing Rox's point of overall presidential qualifications. (Pssst..which is why he ultimately agreed with me. :D)

And that is why you are both wrong. Murox claimed he did nothing other than get elected to public office before becoming president.

- two Ivy degrees, one being a J.D. from Harvard
- first black editor of "The Harvard Review"
- book deal and advance
- professor at one of the top law schools in the country for 13 years
- attorney for a decade (being promoted to of counsel after a few years)
- $10 million in earnings four years before becoming president

His educational accomplishments are as good or better than almost every other president. His work as an attorney for a decade isn't menial nor is his 13 year tenure as a professor at a leading law school. His $10 million in earnings in just a four year window rivals as much earnings as any other president made in a four year span before becoming president in recent history.

Tell me - both of you - what did Reagan accomplish before getting elected to public office that qualified him for president? Clinton? Either of the Bushes? Carter?

Reagan didn't do shit in the military. Clinton? Nope. Carter? Nope. The Bushes- one of them lived off of his daddy. His "oil business" was a complete sham that resulted in his father's wealthy friends getting their asses burned on their investment with him. They simply used it as a tax shelter. So far, even with help of his daddy's wealthy friends, he was a failure. The ONLY thing he was successful with in earning money before public office was the Rangers. And in doing that, he was a very small minority investor in land that was largely paid for by tax payers, then stole land from homeowners, and resulted in his $15 million pay day (of course, due to many political relationships molding it).

So, of the five previous presidents, which of them had accomplished more than Obama (or had more presidential qualifications) before being elected in a public position? The only one you can remotely argue is George Herbert, again thanks to family connections.

So, of the five previous presidents, which of them had accomplished more than Obama (or had more presidential qualifications) before being elected in a public position?

Talk about ignorance and changing the premise of the discussion.

First, no one suggested Obumma's public elected position wasn't one of his earlier successes or starting points for acquiring experience for later trying a presidential bid. The discussion and question at hand is, does simply practicing law for 4 years, being elected to a state seat, followed by 4 (part time) years in US Senate, without any real executive type experience, make one qualified for president (because little else does)?

Which of the five previous presidents had more qualifications? ALL of them. I base that primarily on either their (multiple) executive Governorship terms served, and/or leadership within larger businesses/govt agencies prior to running for president (eg. HW Bush: state govt, US House, UN Ambassador, CIA Chief, V.P.).

Seriously, trying to question HW Bush's qualifications over Obama alone shows just how light on knowledge in this category you really are.

Seriously, trying to question HW Bush's qualifications over Obama alone shows just how light on knowledge in this category you really are.

To those who can read, I clearly said he was the only one you could argue.

Which of the five previous presidents had more qualifications? ALL of them. I base that primarily on either their (multiple) executive Governorship terms served, and/or leadership within larger businesses/govt agencies prior to running for president (eg. HW Bush: state govt, US House, UN Ambassador, CIA Chief, V.P.).

But that isn't what I challenged you on, now is it? I challenged you on what I quoted of your statements. You were the one who didn't count his political career as being an accomplishment, so you can't now claim the political careers of those other presidents as accomplishments before they became president.

None of those I mentioned (with the exception of GHB, whom I acknowledged) had bigger accomplishments before becoming president outside of the political world than Obama. He accomplished more than all of them.

Go back through this entire thread and look at everything I quoted you on. Nothing was taken out of context. You continuously bombed every single thing resorting to fabricating statements from your own sources, contradicting your own sources, contradicting yourself, arguing against pure facts, and then trying to change the crux of the argument and your statements numerous times.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this was the worst job of arguing and building a case I have seen on here since 30cat a decade ago. Instead of accepting that you repeatedly fvcked up your argument time and again, you continue to fail at attempts.

The only one you can remotely argue is George Herbert, again thanks to family connections.

"Remotely" argue??? There is no argument. Obummer wasn't even on the scale when comparing presidential qualifications of GHW.

You were the one who didn't count his political career as being an accomplishment,

Nope. Not even close to accurate. From my first post in this thread:

Last edited:
Rifle leave Raleigh alone he is too busy chasing oil on its climb for summer driving season.

Translation:

636120944289504397-1830437573_f5048aeb58e5785af4f6898197a29e1aadc54a20553f28d84f1a94e506d9b6fc.jpg

Obama was the poster child for affirmative action. He got what he got because he was black. He was not a distinguished student, he was not a distinguished attorney, he was a mostly absent Senator, and he was basically a loner as President that hid from both the left and the right. He was groomed and financed by the left because he was a very articulate black man. The only real job he ever had where performance really counted was his work at the law firm where he semi toiled in obscurity where he peers raced past him up the ladder.

As Kayo Marcum would say, all hat, no cattle.

Obama was the poster child for affirmative action. He got what he got because he was black. He was not a distinguished student, he was not a distinguished attorney, he was a mostly absent Senator, and he was basically a loner as President that hid from both the left and the right. He was groomed and financed by the left because he was a very articulate black man. The only real job he ever had where performance really counted was his work at the law firm where he semi toiled in obscurity where he peers raced past him up the ladder.

OUCH! Appears my comments actually acknowledging some level of success within the academic and political arena, way over shot this take. I was definitely being too generous.

Waiting on Rifle to reply with: "most stupidest, more dumbest, biggest moron, post of the month....year... lifetime.... history of the world...." :D

"Remotely" argue??? There is no argument. Obummer wasn't even on the scale when comparing presidential qualifications of GHW.
:

Which reinforces my point. Out of the five or so recent presidents, you can only argue that one was more successful before becoming president.

Nope. Not even close to accurate. From my first post in this thread:

You excluded it from being discussed as one of his accomplishments. You claimed he wasn't successful before becoming president. Besides all of his academic and political success that you excluded, he has about 10 million ways to show you his success over just a four year period.

He was not a distinguished student,

Yet he has two Ivy degrees and was the editor of "The Harvard Review." Yep.

he was not a distinguished attorney,

Yet he was promoted after just a few years as an associate. Yep.

The only real job he ever had where performance really counted was his work at the law firm where he semi toiled in obscurity where he peers raced past him up the ladder.

Yet he was promoted after just a few years. Show me all of those peers who raced past him at his firm. Yep.

Using a quote from a guy who was awful at his job to claim somebody else was awful at their jobs . . . makes sense. Yep.

Ronald Reagan was the chief executive for the 7th largest economy in the world before he became President, but yeah, Obama was just as qualified. Seriously?

What happened to you rifle, you wearing one of those pink puzzy hats these days?

Ronald Reagan was the chief executive for the 7th largest economy in the world before he became President, but yeah, Obama was just as qualified. Seriously?

What happened to you rifle, you wearing one of those pink puzzy hats these days?

I don't keep writing out all of Raleigh's exemptions each time I mention his claim. If you can't count Obama's winning "state elections," then you can't do the same for the others.

I'm not discounting winning state elections, I'm drawing a distinction between being a Senator that hardly ever bothered to show up and vote and who penned no real legislation and being the Governor of the state with the largest population, largest government infrastructure and largest economy in the country.

Reagan becoming President is akin to the CEO of Wendy's taking over as the CEO of McDonalds. Obama becoming President is akin to the attorney for Bubba's Burger Shack taking over as CEO for McDonalds.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
I'm not discounting winning state elections, I'm drawing a distinction between being a Senator that hardly ever bothered to show up and vote and who penned no real legislation and being the Governor of the state with the largest population, largest government infrastructure and largest economy in the country.

You have to read the thread to catch up. Raleigh excluded "winning state elections" from the discussion, as well as academic successes. I didn't make the rules. Raleigh claimed that other than winning state elections and academics, Obama was not successful prior to becoming president.

In order to stay intellectually honest, in comparing Obama's success (or the theory that he lacked it) to other presidents before becoming president, you must also exclude their winning of state elections and academics.

So, now we can compare . . .

Reagan: actor, motivational speaker/spokesman
Obama: professor at a leading law school for 13 years, attorney who was promoted from associate after just 3 years, author who earned nearly $10 million within four years

I don't keep writing out all of Raleigh's exemptions each time I mention his claim. If you can't count Obama's winning "state elections," then you can't do the same for the others.

This is one of the most "greed-like" (desperate) attempts to keep a thread going that I've read in a while.

No one excluded Obummer's state elections from the discussions. Now that banker (and I previously) suggested winning gubernatorial elections and leading larger organizations far exceeded Obummer's state winnings (as it related to leadership responsibility) you want to switch the premise of the discussion.

I do think it's interesting that you keep pointing to personal income prior to being president as proof of success over another. Reagan was making about $400k per film at the peak of his acting career. This would also far exceed Obummer's 1 mil a year you keep touting by several million in today's $$.

No one excluded Obummer's state elections from the discussions. Now that banker (and I previously) suggested winning gubernatorial elections and leading larger organizations far exceeded Obummer's state winnings (as it related to leadership responsibility) you want to switch the premise of the discussion.

Listen, I know most people stopped reading this thread pages ago, but your repeated stupid and dishonest attempts will stay on here for me to bring back up in the future.

You did exclude his academics and state election achievements. You claimed that Obama wasn't successful before becoming president besides academically and in state elections. Therefore, for a fair comparison, we must look at success other presidents had besides academically and in state elections. As a result, those two categories are excluded . . . how is that so fvcking hard to comprehend? It is basic logic.

I do think it's interesting that you keep pointing to personal income prior to being president as proof of success over another.

Personal income earned, especially without getting help with an inheritance, is a huge and widely used barometer of success. You find that interesting? Most people find that normal.

When people look at the success of people, they tend to look at their academic credentials and income more than anything. Since you already excluded the discussion of one of those, the other main one to look at is income. Christ, can your arguments be any worse in this thread? You butchered your own arguments multiple times by contradicting yourself with your own sources. You fabricated comments from your sources that they never stated. Now, you're just arguing ridiculously stupid shit.

Yes, it sure is "interesting" that somebody is looking at personal income as proof of success. That's pretty fvcking common and rational.

Reagan was making about $400k per film at the peak of his acting career. This would also far exceed Obummer's 1 mil a year you keep touting by several million in today's $$.

Why do you keep ignoring $10 million over four years? I know it crushes your argument. I know that you butchered your previous argument by claiming that was made after he was elected president. I know that you butchered another argument by claiming that your source proved that (which it clearly stated otherwise). But why do you continue ignoring $10 million over four years?

YAG - YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO OUT IN THE WOODS
AND FIND ONE OF THESE TO TRY TO REASON WITH:
how-to-naturally-kill-tree-stump-1_mini.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT