ADVERTISEMENT

The US DOJ is suing Google in antitrust lawsuit

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
US Govt is saying Google has been abusing its dominance to stifle competition and harm consumers. Apple, Facebook, and Amazon are all under investigation.

Yet it is a choice to use Google products. For that reason alone, I don't get it. You can un-Google your life if you choose to, it is not that hard.

I use the hell out of Google products...they are good.
so is eating at mcDonalds. Guess what, Mcdonald's has to treat everyone the same .So why should they (Google) be able to censor conservatives and leave liberals alone?

Yet it is a choice to use Google products. For that reason alone, I don't get it. You can un-Google your life if you choose to, it is not that hard.

I use the hell out of Google products...they are good.
Google is the back search engine for any companies and resources not just their own. In addition they mine data and house vast amounts of data. Just like Amazon. The basically are a modern day new age monopoly like the steel companies and oil companies were

So why should they (Google) be able to censor conservatives and leave liberals alone?

See below...and that argument has ZERO to do with the anti-trust action.

Uhh, because they are a private business and being a "conservative" or a "liberal" isn't a protected class.

It's like some of them didn't even go to college.

Uhh, because they are a private business and being a "conservative" or a "liberal" isn't a protected class.
Not necessarily because they have over sight from the govt and could be considered monopolistic. But, they are being sued over their harm to rivals and their search engine and advertising engines. It is an antitrust suit.

Another thing...I have always felt the antitrust case against Microsoft back in the day was bullshit. It's like the DOJ is dusting off the same arguments when most tech-knowledgeable people want the government to do something about privacy. That would still reign in Google, but it a very different, and I would say more helpful, way for consumers.

And when is the DOJ going to nail Amazon for selling counterfeits and dangerous cheap Chinese electrical shit?

Reactions: Chevy1
Not necessarily because they have over sight from the govt and could be considered monopolistic. But, they are being sued over their harm to rivals and their search engine and advertising engines. It is an antitrust suit.

That has nothing to do with the question your fellow deplorable asked me and the answer to his question.

Glad you don't support free speech

Freedom of speech is freedom to speak freely without repercussion from the government. Why is this so hard to understand?

typical liberal answer

It is the opposite: how in the hell should the government be able to tell a business (or a person!) what political speech to engage in? You want that? Then you are a damn authoritarian.

Freedom of speech is freedom to speak freely without repercussion from the government. Why is this so hard to understand?

It is the opposite: how in the hell should the government be able to tell a business (or a person!) what political speech to engage in? You want that? Then you are a damn authoritarian.
Then why are you okay with these media giants not allowing free speech? I guess all is well as long as it is liberal free speech.

Are you really this fvcking dumb?

He seems like a decent guy, so I try to take it easy on him for his stupidness.

Then why are you okay with these media giants not allowing free speech? I guess all is well as long as it is liberal free speech.

Let me dumb this down for you, deplorable:

Pretend you own a restaurant. If you have a customer who comes in and stands on the table yelling "Fvck you, N!gg*r," repeatedly, to your black waiter, do you think you should be forced to allow him to eat there? No. Why? Because you're a private organization, and outside of protected classes (race, religion, sex, age, etc.), you can choose who is or isn't allowed into your establishment.

Likewise, these "media giants" are private companies. Why should Fox News be forced to give equal time to a Biden campaign worker compared to a Trump campaign worker? They shouldn't. They are a private organization. As long as they are not discriminating based on a protected class (race, religion, sex, age, etc.), they should not be forced into doing something they don't want to do.

If you walk into an establishment wearing a KKK shirt, the establishment should be free to deny you service. Likewise, if I walk into an establishment with a picture of @19MU88 's skanky daughter spread-eagle all over my t-shirt, the establishment should be allowed to refuse me entry.

A private organization doesn't have to "allow free speech." If so, I'd be able to preach atheism, Islam, or Satanism at any local Christian church service and expect them to allow me to do it.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
He does seem to be alright, I'll try to play nice.

But it is frustrating, these are very basic concepts yet so many people have no clue...and they vote.

Ugh, if you two are going to lick each other's dangling participles, at least do so in private.

Reactions: 19MU88
He seems like a decent guy, so I try to take it easy on him for his stupidness.

Let me dumb this down for you, deplorable:

Pretend you own a restaurant. If you have a customer who comes in and stands on the table yelling "Fvck you, N!gg*r," repeatedly, to your black waiter, do you think you should be forced to allow him to eat there? No. Why? Because you're a private organization, and outside of protected classes (race, religion, sex, age, etc.), you can choose who is or isn't allowed into your establishment.

Likewise, these "media giants" are private companies. Why should Fox News be forced to give equal time to a Biden campaign worker compared to a Trump campaign worker? They shouldn't. They are a private organization. As long as they are not discriminating based on a protected class (race, religion, sex, age, etc.), they should not be forced into doing something they don't want to do.

If you walk into an establishment wearing a KKK shirt, the establishment should be free to deny you service. Likewise, if I walk into an establishment with a picture of @19MU88 's skanky daughter spread-eagle all over my t-shirt, the establishment should be allowed to refuse me entry.

A private organization doesn't have to "allow free speech." If so, I'd be able to preach atheism, Islam, or Satanism at any local Christian church service and expect them to allow me to do it.

I must be getting to you. You are stalking me like you accuse muthed of doing you. come on man, add some value.

It appears that many underestimate the power of Google, or don’t understand the scope of what they do. They also don’t understand the collusion that goes on among these large Tech companies in order to stifle or eliminate competition.

Ugh, if you two are going to lick each other's dangling participles, at least do so in private.

Listen punk, most of the time I treat you assholes like assholes...but he's right, a couple of people here are not assholes. I probably should consider that. Go figure, Rifle suggested the most Christian thing on the board today.

Two posters decide they are being too hard on another poster they believe to be a decent person. That person does not respond. Two other posters respond accusing them of loving each other (God forbid) and stalking.
Typical of extreme right wing ideology. An inability to differentiate. Everything is one way or the other. No middle ground where most of live. Apparently some of you do not want civil discussions or thoughts. To steal a phrase from our fearless leader "So sad".

Two posters decide they are being too hard on another poster they believe to be a decent person. That person does not respond. Two other posters respond accusing them of loving each other (God forbid) and stalking.
Typical of extreme right wing ideology. An inability to differentiate. Everything is one way or the other. No middle ground where most of live. Apparently some of you do not want civil discussions or thoughts. To steal a phrase from our fearless leader "So sad".

You clearly don't come here often. That or you're just too damned old to understand how we run things. I'll request our duly elected moderator @i am herdman take it easy on you, seeing how you are new here.

To be fair, for most of us it is just a big joke.
My escape. I sit and do this when people at work piss me off. That is why I am on there 8 hours a day or more. If this place was not here you might here about it on the news. This is my release and happy place

ADVERTISEMENT