ADVERTISEMENT

Theories On Chase Littons Sudden Departure

Jbabbington

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2018
Was wondering what some of you guys might think is the reasoning for Chase’s sudden departure. I have hear things from him not liking the class load anymore, to a new OC coming in and him knowing he’ll have to compete and just might possibly lose out to green. Any possibility that we’re bringing in a new QB that no one knows about yet? Just last week Kai Locksley visited (4 Star QB from Texas who commited to Marshall last year before heading to JUCO where he’s eligible to play) he came back here after his season and instead commited to UTEP, when Marshall was a clear favorite all year long. Any theories behind that as well?

Chase saw a chance to move on to the next level and he took it. It’s just that simple. The agency he signed with has represented multiple Hall of Famers and currently has upwards of 20 guys in the league.

When you can get paid for your craft usually you do it. If his draft stock is decent right now why waste a year of mediocre football with a probable low ceiling just to stay put for no reason? 99% of people would make the same decision considering the circumstances

my theory is he ate too much jacks links jerkey over the holiday, went partying with bigfoot’s sister, got her pregnant and had to declare so he could support his new family......yeah, that’s my theory

When you can get paid for your craft usually you do it. If his draft stock is decent right now why waste a year of mediocre football with a probable low ceiling just to stay put for no reason? 99% of people would make the same decision considering the circumstances

A college degree would be a good reason to stay.

Not for any of us to say or speculate Chase's decision to enter the NFL draft.

Let's move on folks........

Zilla22 in SNOWY Charlotte...Yes, we have snow!

Was wondering what some of you guys might think is the reasoning for Chase’s sudden departure

Krv6QQM.jpg

Any theory that contains the idea that CL is going to be seriously considered by the NFL, or even the CFL, starts with a false premise. Because it is 100% certain that CL is simply not good enough to play professional (legitimate outdoor actually professional) football.

Thus we must return to square one and start from a valid premise. Therefore some combination of the following theories are true:

- CL is actually so delusional about his abilities that he actually believes he can play professional football.

- Doc is finally tired of this selfish, childish, self destructive program cancer and has run him off (one year too late for my tastes).

- A suspension for his dope smoking or grades was coming and this is his way of walking away quietly and keeping either quiet.

- CL is actually realistic about his football abilities, and those of the others on the team, and had no desire to back up an underclassman as a senior and is simply moving on to the next phase of his life, whatever that might be.

- CL is simply tired of football and/or school and is moving on to the next phase of his life, whatever that might be.

Any theory that contains the idea that CL is going to be seriously considered by the NFL, or even the CFL, starts with a false premise. Because it is 100% certain that CL is simply not good enough to play professional (legitimate outdoor actually professional) football.

And that’s your opinion.

The facts are that one of the more respected sports agencies saw enough in Chase to sign him.

In terms of raw ability, Chase is probably only behind Byron and possibly Payton. A lot of times, raw ability is all NFL coaches care for.

We'll never know what really happened in 2016, but all points seem to indicate Litton was at the center of it, and I have to believe that this is just the inevitable result of it. If the staff wasn't facing termination and we had even a modestly competent option at backup, they probably would have sent him packing. The Marshall-Litton marriage survived through 2017 out of necessity for both parties, and when the season ended, so did that relationship.

Folks are welcome to remember him fondly if they wish, but I personally cannot fathom why you would.

Reactions: horsrman
Well, if you're going to nix all the baseless speculation then we might as well close this forum down.

My point Judge....all the negative comments about Chase are pointless and hurtful. I doubt you would entertain negative comments about your sons...or players? Time to move on to another subject...just my opinion....

It's beginning to sound like CNN.....

Zilla22

When Clark, basketball/ wide receiver for Marshall, what, 1yr? Then declared to the NFL draft, I thought No Way!!
Well I was Wrong!! He cought 4 passes in a NFL playoff game!!

Hopefully I'm wrong about Chase Too!

Reactions: pdbailey
And that’s your opinion.

In terms of raw ability, Chase is probably only behind Byron and possibly Payton. A lot of times, raw ability is all NFL coaches care for.

And that is your opinion. The difference is that mine actually considers what we have seen on the field for the last three years. And off the field for the last three as well.

If you think you saw one of the 96 (three per team) best QBs born between 1977 (Brady) and 1996 (2018-22=1996) you need to watch a WHOLE LOT more football, pro and college.

Reactions: johns1124
And that is your opinion. The difference is that mine actually considers what we have seen on the field for the last three years. And off the field for the last three as well.

If you think you saw one of the 96 (three per team) best QBs born between 1977 (Brady) and 1996 (2018-22=1996) you need to watch a WHOLE LOT more football, pro and college.

Where on earth did I say he was one of the 96 best QB’s during that period?

I said, in terms of raw ability he’s probably one of the three best QB’s to ever play at Marshall.

He’s 6’6, 232 pounds, above average arm strength, and a quick release. Besides that, he’s shown the ability to throw on the run.

Chase’s drawback is that he lacks consistency, but NFL minds will let that slide a lot of times when raw talent is involved. Look at Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch. Those guys are very similar to Litton and they’re both getting a paycheck.

Reactions: ToesMU

I said, in terms of raw ability he’s probably one of the three best QB’s to ever play at Marshall.

He’s 6’6, 232 pounds, above average arm strength, and a quick release. Besides that, he’s shown the ability to throw on the run.

Chase’s drawback is that he lacks consistency, but NFL minds will let that slide a lot of times when raw talent is involved. Look at Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch. Those guys are very similar to Litton and they’re both getting a paycheck.

A New York Met's scout said I had raw ability in the spring of 1980, but here I sit, never made it to the show, or the minors.

--

Look at Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch. Those guys are very similar to Litton and they’re both getting a paycheck.

Just there, you said it again.

There are 32 teams in the NFL. Starting QB, backup QB, emergency backup QB. 96. Basic math.

Saying CL belongs in the NFL, you have to say he is among the 96 best QBs post college age in ability. Basic math. You have to come up with somebody he would beat out.

Which is, with all due respect, a laughable and fantastic proposition.

He isn't good enough.

Not close. Not arguable.

Did you ever think that maybe NFL scouts like his makeup, but thought he was in the wrong system for his abilities? I have always said, if you just look at the kid in uniform, he reminds me of Philip RIvers. I would bet some at the next level see some actual talent resemblance also.

Reactions: ToesMU
Just there, you said it again.

There are 32 teams in the NFL. Starting QB, backup QB, emergency backup QB. 96. Basic math.

Saying CL belongs in the NFL, you have to say he is among the 96 best QBs post college age in ability. Basic math. You have to come up with somebody he would beat out.

Which is, with all due respect, a laughable and fantastic proposition.

He isn't good enough.

Not close. Not arguable.

It doesn't matter if he is as good as any of them or not at this point, they see the potential in him and are willing to take the risk that he will develop.

Do I think he will make it? No.

It felt like, from day one, Doc sold his soul to get Litton. And it was never quite the right fit. A lot of that seemed to fall on Legg, though.

The kid made several throws with pro-level accuracy, but seemed to lack the consistency that would have cemented him in with the greats. I wish him nothing but the best, hope he's successful and is a good ambassador for Marshall football.

I am going to laugh at everyone on here when Chase is invited to the combine and then is drafted in the Mid rounds

Reactions: Galloway27
And that’s your opinion.

The facts are that one of the more respected sports agencies saw enough in Chase to sign him.

They will sign anyone to keep them in their stables, just in case (Kind of thing). Obviously, just because you signed with an agency does not mean you
will be drafted. The real Barometer is if he gets invited to the Combine. An agent might aid in getting him in, that's where Steinburg's name comes in. To help get him there.

When Clark, basketball/ wide receiver for Marshall, what, 1yr? Then declared to the NFL draft, I thought No Way!!
Well I was Wrong!! He cought 4 passes in a NFL playoff game!!

You weren't wrong - he caught four passes in two garbage games at the end of the year, after the Packers sat Aaron Rodgers and decided to spend the rest of the season evaluating talent. He was a practice squad player up until then, and does not currently have a contract for 2019.

there is a difference between signing with some Amateur agent and Leigh Steinberg

There is a big difference between Leigh Steinburgh from yesteryear and today also. The fact your basing Litton as a mid round pick, and an automatic NFL combine invitee simply due to his agent choice is laughable.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Spoken like a true fan of unc-OJ.
Cheaters.

JUST TRYING TO SPREAD LOVE.....................

"Let he without SIN cast the first Stone".....you need to practice this mantra for a happy life=====GreenDuke!

UNC defeats Clemson for the 59th year in a row in Chapel Hill.....

Your HERD Daddy===Zilla22 in Snowy Charlotte (2:11 PM)

My point Judge....all the negative comments about Chase are pointless and hurtful. I doubt you would entertain negative comments about your sons...or players? Time to move on to another subject...just my opinion....

It's beginning to sound like CNN.....

Zilla22

I was agreeing with you. Mind you, sarcastically, but still. I was saying that most of what fills these forums is baseless speculation. You're welcome.

Reactions: Herd Fever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT