ADVERTISEMENT

There have been 7 suicides at NC State Univ this academic year. 2 within the last 24 hours.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
There is something wrong in our nation. It is broken. The toll of the last few years? Say what you want about Covid and lockdowns and such, it is taking a toll on ourn youth. Something is going on. Maybe that is not it. There are reports of things like this across the country.

We are broken down as a country. My opinion is the covid lockdowns crushed the school age kids. Lockdowns were stupid and crushed them. Throw in all the rot gut they are being taught and they are messed up.

Regardless this country needs fixed. I have a feeling over the next few years we are going to get hit with a real dose of reality that we may have not seen as a nation since WW2 and we already have messed up generations.

We have abandoned our morality and have turned away from the principles on which this country was founded. Yes, we are a broken nation.

Reactions: ohio herd
i for one think this is a serious problem. We need to figure this out.

There is something wrong in our nation. It is broken. The toll of the last few years? Say what you want about Covid and lockdowns and such, it is taking a toll on ourn youth. Something is going on. Maybe that is not it. There are reports of things like this across the country.

We are broken down as a country. My opinion is the covid lockdowns crushed the school age kids. Lockdowns were stupid and crushed them. Throw in all the rot gut they are being taught and they are messed up.

Regardless this country needs fixed. I have a feeling over the next few years we are going to get hit with a real dose of reality that we may have not seen as a nation since WW2 and we already have messed up generations.
Damn man! I’ve been to Raleigh a few times. Gonna have to ask you to lock this thread due to the gut punch.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan

The real rot gut that has happened to our youth is all the alcohol they consume. Not to mention drugs and eating like pigs and getting so fat. A broken down mental health system has not helped either.

The generation in college now is the most mentally weak in the history of the US, and it’s not even close. When you teach kids that they are victims and don’t control their own destiny it is easy for them to see no way out.

It really goes back to the “everybody gets a trophy” mistake. When you don’t teach kids to deal with defeat and adversity they don’t learn how to handle the struggles they will face in life.

The generation in college now is the most mentally weak in the history of the US, and it’s not even close. When you teach kids that they are victims and don’t control their own destiny it is easy for them to see no way out.

It really goes back to the “everybody gets a trophy” mistake. When you don’t teach kids to deal with defeat and adversity they don’t learn how to handle the struggles they will face in life.
The way you guys cry and go on about every game Marshall loses I wonder if you dont need some help.

No way the excessive deaths of parents, children, and spouses contributed to more suicides.

Rock has a point. The college generation and high school generation today are weak. Very weak..

What caused it?

Last edited:
The way you guys cry and go on about every game Marshall loses I wonder if you dont need some help.
Thats called being a "fan". We aren't talking about sports moron.

We are talking about mental illness and suicide. Something you claim to know, all about. Can you once stay on topic as it relates to the discussion???

Thats called being a "fan". We aren't talking about sports moron.

We are talking about mental illness and suicide. Something you claim to know, all about. Can you once stay on topic as it relates to the discussion???
Can you stop whining?

Their self esteem is wrapped up in others on social media apps they aspire to mimic. Spending hours a day in the fake world of influencers, where not receiving a "like" is a devastating act of cruelty. They believe in the entitled world of "what I want...I want now". Being told "no" is a debilitating act of unfairness because their narcissism was never broken as a very young child. Mom and Dad (if they had them) are more concerned with being their child's best friend instead of teaching them the skills necessary to be a self reliant human being with the ability to cope with adversity. Being challenged on their opinions is bigoted, racist, or hateful.

Their self esteem is wrapped up in others on social media apps they aspire to mimic. Spending hours a day in the fake world of influencers, where not receiving a "like" is a devastating act of cruelty. They believe in the entitled world of "what I want...I want now". Being told "no" is a debilitating act of unfairness because their narcissism was never broken as a very young child. Mom and Dad (if they had them) are more concerned with being their child's best friend instead of teaching them the skills necessary to be a self reliant human being with the ability to cope with adversity. Being challenged on their opinions is bigoted, racist, or hateful.
That's a broad brush your using to describe conservative children and their parents.

That's a broad brush your using to describe conservative children and their parents.
*YORE. Try harder.

This isn't a liberal or conservative issue. Mental health effects all classes and races. There is no evidence of "republican" suicides and "Dem" suicides or the effects of social media by political class.

Even when you try to write a complete sentence it's stupid.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Parents doing their kids' tax returns.

hahaha, kids who raised their right hands and jump out of airplanes and were gone when their taxes were due. Dumbo. Plugging numbers into Turbo Tax while they were gone and couldn't do their taxes. Wouldn't you do that for someone? Don't think I am the only one who does it for people. HR Block would charge money. Not much limp wristing on going on where they were at. At least they are working and not being a leech like many of their working age male counterparts. Have you seen those numbers?

No. Right now.

So, conservatives are snowflakes also.

Mental health *effects* all classes and races.
I am raising a serious topic. Why are young people with their whole future and lives ahead of them killing themselves? I find it to be a terrible situation.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Don't think I am the only one who does it for people.
That's why that generation are snowflakes.
Not much limp wristing on going on where they were at.
That's not what you've been screaming for years now. "The American Military is designed to kill the enemy. To destory it. But, it is now set up to be a social engineering group much like a college campus."

That's why that generation are snowflakes.

That's not what you've been screaming for years now. "The American Military is designed to kill the enemy. To destory it. But, it is now set up to be a social engineering group much like a college campus."
What? The military is set up to kill people. or that is what it is suppossed to be for.

I was actually on a miltary base yesterday. The moral is bad, thanks for your dumb ass leader and their destruction of the military. They are losing all the guys with experience and guys who are saying screw this. They are more worried about spending million changing names while troops have outdated equipment and mold in the barracks. They are more worried about transgender classes instead of training. Meanwhile China is about to kick us in the teeth. Damn I was a tech seminar and had not less than 3 guys with 10 to years experience just randomly tell us they are getting the hell out there because of what is going on.

What? The military is set up to kill people. or that is what it is suppossed to be for.

I was actually on a miltary base yesterday. The moral is bad, thanks for your dumb ass leader and their destruction of the military. They are losing all the guys with experience and guys who are saying screw this. They are more worried about spending million changing names while troops have outdated equipment and mold in the barracks. They are more worried about transgender classes instead of training. Meanwhile China is about to kick us in the teeth. Damn I was a tech seminar and had not less than 3 guys with 10 to years experience just randomly tell us they are getting the hell out there because of what is going on.
"But, it is now set up to be a social engineering group much like a college campus."
_______herdman

"But, it is now set up to be a social engineering group much like a college campus."
_______herdman
Well, then we are ****ed if that is the case. China is going to kick our ass. You know Mandarin?

That is a direct failure because of their leadership from the top down. Worrying about transgenders and names on bases. The POTUS, SEC Defense, etc. on down should be ashamed of what they have done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT