ADVERTISEMENT

There is some talk of action next week

johns1124

Gold Buffalo
Aug 13, 2004

As it stands now, the next game is three weeks away. This has to kill all momentum play, take a week off; play, take two weeks off. It has to be hard on a QB to have
so much time between games. Rifle, have any insight on that? How off week(s) play on a QB performance.

So anyone on the "Inside", is the AD actually trying to fill the missing spots? Seems like with all the vacancies next week, we can find a game somewhere. I saw before the game,
even Army is looking to play.

Last edited:

As it stands now, the next game is three weeks away. This has to kill all momentum play, take a week off; play, take two weeks off. It has to be hard on a QB to have
so much time between games. Rifle, have any insight on that. How off week(s) play on a QB performance.

So anyone on the "Inside", is the AD actually trying to fill the missing spots? Seems like with all the vacancies next week, we can find a game somewhere. I saw before the game,
even Army is looking to play.

Scheduling has been a fluid, non-stop effort for more than a month now. Nothing is off the table.

I would think it would be difficult to get something scheduled for next Saturday, but the 3rd seems like a possibility. From the looks of it, we’d have to go on the road.

Just spitballing, but I wonder if they could get a mid-week game scheduled sometime to make it easier on scheduling?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I would think it would be difficult to get something scheduled for next Saturday, but the 3rd seems like a possibility. From the looks of it, we’d have to go on the road.

Just spitballing, but I wonder if they could get a mid-week game scheduled sometime to make it easier on scheduling?
ilm - that’s actually a very interesting idea! For instance, could play a Wednesday (30th) game @UNC (still my preferred opponent). Would probably get picked up for TV & gives both teams plenty of time to prepare. You can bet your ass (Lengyel) that Mike is working the phones.

Last edited:
ilm - that’s actually a very interesting idea! For instance, could play a Wednesday (30th) game @UNC (still my preferred opponent). Would probably get picked up for TV & gives both teams plenty of time to prepare. You can bet your ass (Lengle) that Mike is working the phones.
I think the ACC is only allowing one OOC game

^^^^^^

They do, Marshall makes the most sense, in a couple of ways. One, geographical to the campus. Second, out of all the teams listed FBS, we have the least scheduled games. Navy - 11, CC - 11, MTSU - 10, WKU - 11. We have eight, after reading some on the ECU board, it seems they are not interested in making up the game regardless if we are in CUSA Champ. or not. I figured that game is gone for good. Closest game to them is CC, but they already have 11 solid games scheduled. I can see them throwing us a favor and giving us another game to play.

But then again, that's probably why they wouldn't do it. Especially, after an upset of APP.

The real question is if we do play, will they monkey with the lights again?

UNC is looked to be the only team in the ACC now to compete against Clemson we could be the right test for them! National tv? Army has open date?

^^^^^^

They do, Marshall makes the most sense, in a couple of ways. One, geographical to the campus. Second, out of all the teams listed FBS, we have the least scheduled games. Navy - 11, CC - 11, MTSU - 10, WKU - 11. We have eight, after reading some on the ECU board, it seems they are not interested in making up the game regardless if we are in CUSA Champ. or not. I figured that game is gone for good. Closest game to them is CC, but they already have 11 solid games scheduled. I can see them throwing us a favor and giving us another game to play.

But then again, that's probably why they wouldn't do it. Especially, after an upset of APP.

The real question is if we do play, will they monkey with the lights again?
Bingo! I was there. It was not an accident! The run back/TD phantom stepped on the line call....There’s a reason that dn here in ACCland, they are known as UNCheats !! I hope Mike H can get a deal done.

I like Coastal Carolina, let's play a second SunBelt team and get another win against that conference. This year P5 means nothing, they're not coming here so who cares. I'd rather go somewhere and win than play somewhere I can't go...because of numbers in the stands.

Bingo! I was there. It was not an accident! The run back/TD phantom stepped on the line call....There’s a reason that dn here in ACCland, they are known as UNCheats !! I hope Mike H can get a deal done.

Actually that’s not the reason for the holes well deserved nickname.

Reactions: tradebait
Well unless something changes we'll have to wait 20 days for more Herd Football! On top of that there's 34 days until we get to play in The Joan again.

UNC is out, anyone know what happen? Why wouldn't we jump at a chance to play a #12? Was it $$$$
We would take an “L”. Mack Brown has UNC back and Sam Howell is the real deal...no way Hamrick or Doc wants a game like that.

I hope we can land an October 3rd home game; I'm sure Mike's trying. I doubt our shitty league is helping though.

We will not be playing this coming Saturday... Putting together a game in 5 days isnt going to happen... So if MH adds a game it will be to replace Rice on Oct. 3.

No way Marshall takes a road game against UNC... There is a chance MU could run the table if our defense keeps playing this well. Why take a likely loss to UNC and fall out of the rankings when we could blast Abilene Christian (or similar) and keep the train a rollin into the three hardest CUSA games we have against at WKU, at La Tech and home for FAU.

We will not be playing this coming Saturday... Putting together a game in 5 days isnt going to happen... So if MH adds a game it will be to replace Rice on Oct. 3.

No way Marshall takes a road game against UNC... There is a chance MU could run the table if our defense keeps playing this well. Why take a likely loss to UNC and fall out of the rankings when we could blast Abilene Christian (or similar) and keep the train a rollin into the three hardest CUSA games we have against at WKU, at La Tech and home for FAU.

If we get blasted then we don’t deserve our ranking.

I’m pretty surprised at the number of people I’m seeing in the “Don’t play because we’ll probably lose,” crowd.

Pretend we do run the table, wouldn’t you look back then and wish we’d had a chance to test the waters against a top flight team?

I’m pretty surprised at the number of people I’m seeing in the “Don’t play because we’ll probably lose,” crowd.

Pretend we do run the table, wouldn’t you look back then and wish we’d had a chance to test the waters against a top flight team?

Im not saying that I wouldn't go play UNC... I would be all for that game as a fan... But Im saying those in the athletic department will not be.

If your options are beat some small school (at home) to get to 3-0 and be nationally ranked, in a league you could win out... Or go on the road, likely lose to be 2-1 and not ranked, as an administrator, you make the easy call.

We would take an “L”. Mack Brown has UNC back and Sam Howell is the real deal...no way Hamrick or Doc wants a game like that.

Couldn't the same have been said about an App State team that was notorious for beating opponents on the road, spent time at the top of their conference, and is in an overall better position than MU?

Reactions: marshallisqbu

Why is it a likely loss? UNC list to Appy last year. They are hardly a juggernaut this year. Have we really reached a point as a fan base that playing a mediocre P5 is seen as a likely loss? I’ll admit that playing a big boy team like Bama or Ohio State is a likely loss actually more like a guaranteed loss, but I think this team can play and best mediocre P5s.
That being said I do not fault our AD in the slightest not being able to secure a game so quickly.

Why is it a likely loss? UNC list to Appy last year. They are hardly a juggernaut this year. Have we really reached a point as a fan base that playing a mediocre P5 is seen as a likely loss? I’ll admit that playing a big boy team like Bama or Ohio State is a likely loss actually more like a guaranteed loss, but I think this team can play and best mediocre P5s.
That being said I do not fault our AD in the slightest not being able to secure a game so quickly.
UNC has come a long way since they lost to Appy State in September of last year.

They finished 2019 beating NC State and Temple by combined scores of 96-23 and pounded Syracuse 31-6 to open the season this year. Believe UNC is currently ranked #11.

So, no, they're not Bama or Ohio State but they are really good. Certainly much better than a mediocre P5.

Or we can be idle for two weeks. Watch ourselves drop to #30 by next week.

and

#18 Boise St 0-0

You know it's coming.

Exactly.
For years everyone complained about how weak MU's schedule is...now they actually have a chance to prove themselves and nobody is wanting it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT