ADVERTISEMENT

This is CNN...

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
mh72ymj35v8z.jpg

GK, you're a smart guy and all, but you really need to pick a team, and stick with them. It's like watching the Super Bowl, and instead of rooting for one of them to win the damn game, you're only there for the Clydesdale commercials.

Are you a reds fan? They suck, but you should still watch the games and bitch about them sucking. Think back to the good old days. Pete Rose leading off, Joe Morgan, Ken Griffey, Bench batting cleanup, Tony Perez, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, and Dave Concepcion batting 8th. Hell, even Don Gullett would stand in there and go down swinging. You have to get up there, and figure out what side of the plate you're going to take your cuts from.

For now, if it's not about wrestling or the Weather Channel, I'm not too sure I can take you seriously. Pick a team. It's the American way.

Speaking of CNN. Their tweet about Ted cruz's amendment to the new healthcare bill is exactly why some people don't trust the media.

There is absolutely NO reason to say "so called" in the tweet. It's clear editorial bias

citkw9msrlul3esc4bjb.jpg

friends-20090819-defacto.jpg

I wonder where they learned it from?

Frankly, the way all these bills are named I would add "so-called" to every one of them. Or just use the bill or amendment number and screw the propaganda names.

GK, you're a smart guy and all, but you really need to pick a team, and stick with them. It's like watching the Super Bowl, and instead of rooting for one of them to win the damn game, you're only there for the Clydesdale commercials.

Are you a reds fan? They suck, but you should still watch the games and bitch about them sucking. Think back to the good old days. Pete Rose leading off, Joe Morgan, Ken Griffey, Bench batting cleanup, Tony Perez, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, and Dave Concepcion batting 8th. Hell, even Don Gullett would stand in there and go down swinging. You have to get up there, and figure out what side of the plate you're going to take your cuts from.

For now, if it's not about wrestling or the Weather Channel, I'm not too sure I can take you seriously. Pick a team. It's the American way.

I root for the Reds and take in two or three games every year at GABP. But rooting for the Reds is like rooting for Marshall. You just tough it out waiting for the good years.

As far as picking a (political) team...I was on one for most of my adult life. I enjoyed being outraged by liberals and fought the good fight. But I found myself being dishonest. I supported stuff that I condemned when liberals did it. Now...I enjoy being honest with myself. My love for science caused me to fall in the "liberal" side of GW. I really think that most conservatives are Cinos (read like Rino)...christians in name only. I love where I'm at now. it's liberating to not allow ideology to shape my viewpoint.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
citkw9msrlul3esc4bjb.jpg

friends-20090819-defacto.jpg

I wonder where they learned it from?

Frankly, the way all these bills are named I would add "so-called" to every one of them. Or just use the bill or amendment number and screw the propaganda names.

You understand how quotation marks work, right? And "defacto death panels?" is a question seemingly about to be debated between two people with opposing views.

Reactions: HerdFan73
You understand how quotation marks work, right? And "defacto death panels?" is a question seemingly about to be debated between two people with opposing views.

Oh bullshit. It's all a form of bias. And I'm all for some bias...sometimes you have to call a spade a spade (but "death panels was laughable propaganda)...but don't act like it's all on one side.

My mom was so mad when the got rid of Sparky Anderson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT