ADVERTISEMENT

This is the same lady that told us over a year ago that price increases wouldn't impact Americans

We are having another price increase around Feb. We already know it. We typically are at the front end before everyday consumer items.

She is full of shit. Does she think prices are suddenly going to drop?

These govt fools with no real world experience are sometimes idiots.

Like claming hey inflation is over, when it goes from 7.8 to 7.4 Hey dipsticks it is still up 7.4

The same govt clows who always say we got a budget cut when they request 15 percent budget increast and they get 10 percent instead. Or their budget stays the same. We took a cut. No you didn't take a cut idiots.

People at her level live in bubble. Pure moronic nonsense.

These are the same "experts" that suggest unemployment needs to go up, in order for prices to come down.
We don’t have real experts anymore. We have people who are employed and put in positions of authority because they are the kin of someone powerful, are a minority, are a member of the alphabet group. Just like that government guy who robbed suitcases on the side.
Having knowledge or a special skill set is pretty much meaningless.

We don’t have real experts anymore. We have people who are employed and put in positions of authority because they are the kin of someone powerful, are a minority, are a member of the alphabet group. Just like that government guy who robbed suitcases on the side.
Look at the resumes of the Mush admin.

Reactions: greengeezer

We have a credentialism class and regulatory capture. Real experts exist, but it is very risky to go against The Narrative (TM).

===

The dream state of low interest rates is going to separate the men from the boys now that that dream state is over. It was possible to make money with businesses that never turned a profit because capital was so cheap. EVeryone looked like a genius.

We have a credentialism class and regulatory capture. Real experts exist, but it is very risky to go against The Narrative (TM).

===

The dream state of low interest rates is going to separate the men from the boys now that that dream state is over. It was possible to make money with businesses that never turned a profit because capital was so cheap. EVeryone looked like a genius.
I expect companies like Uber and DoorDash to implode, and even Amazon is in trouble. Without its web services division, Amazon doesn't make money.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
I expect companies like Uber and DoorDash to implode, and even Amazon is in trouble. Without its web services division, Amazon doesn't make money.
2023 Stands a Real Chance at being Rough

Fully expect a 2008 or worse level recession in 2023.
That's going to devestate a lot of people.

We have customers who are the front of development tells us to hang on. Haven't heard 2008 levels but, here maybe half that bad, which is still bad.

I believe you, I just want to know why. In my non business mind I thought Uber would be recession proof.

Some reports say there will be no US recession. I don't see how that is avoidable. Hell, we are in one now. They just won't admit it.

I believe you, I just want to know why. In my non business mind I thought Uber would be recession proof.
Uber has never made money. Like our resident wide-hipped celebrity, it’s all smoke and mirrors.

Take doordash for example. How long does it take someone to get your stuff to you? They’ve got to drive from where they are to the restaurant, get the food, over to you, then back to wherever they came from. 30 minutes?

Let’s say someone wants to make $15 an hour, which isn’t great, especially with no benefits and putting mileage on your own car. With 0 overhead you’d have to pay $7.50 for the delivery. But there’s overhead. The app takes money to run. Advertising takes money. They use tricks like secretly charging you more for menu items but still can’t catch up to their costs, and unless people really want to shell out $15+ for their food to be delivered (tough sell in a recession!) then you can’t make a profit.

It’s a concept that might work in super densely populated areas where door dashers can pick up multiple orders at a time, but they tried to roll out basically everywhere and the business doesn’t make sense.

Take doordash for example. How long does it take someone to get your stuff to you? They’ve got to drive from where they are to the restaurant, get the food, over to you, then back to wherever they came from. 30 minutes?

Let’s say someone wants to make $15 an hour, which isn’t great, especially with no benefits and putting mileage on your own car. With 0 overhead you’d have to pay $7.50 for the delivery. But there’s overhead. The app takes money to run. Advertising takes money. They use tricks like secretly charging you more for menu items but still can’t catch up to their costs, and unless people really want to shell out $15+ for their food to be delivered (tough sell in a recession!) then you can’t make a profit.

It’s a concept that might work in super densely populated areas where door dashers can pick up multiple orders at a time, but they tried to roll out basically everywhere and the business doesn’t make sense.

And I believe the COVID lockdowns were the only reason these services caught on. I sure as hell had little interest in them prior to that.

From my understanding, restaurants basically got bullied in terms of pricing with companies like door dash during that time. I'm sure they pushed back once things started to reopen.

It's still not ideal. Food is soggy and cold and you're paying higher menu prices along with delivery fee plus tip. I always tip well and it gets me nowhere with these fvckers.

Last edited:
And I believe the COVID lockdowns were the only reason these services caught on. I sure as hell had little interest in them prior to that.

From my understanding, restaurants basically got bullied in terms of pricing with companies like door dash during that time. I'm sure they pushed back once things started to reopen.

It's still not ideal. Food is soggy and cold and you're paying higher menu prices along with delivery fee plus tip. I always tip well and it gets me nowhere with these ****ers.
Peloton another example.

Uber has never made money. Like our resident wide-hipped celebrity, it’s all smoke and mirrors.

For a long time it seems growth was the objective over a good balance sheet. I’ve learned this the hard way in a couple of early start up investments that could have done well at a small scale but founders wished to go for growth …

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
For a long time it seems growth was the objective over a good balance sheet. I’ve learned this the hard way in a couple of early start up investments that could have done well at a small scale but founders wished to go for growth …
A Silicon Valley story as old as Silicon Valley itself. Just gotta get out before the crash…

It's still not ideal. Food is soggy and cold and you're paying higher menu prices along with delivery fee plus tip. I always tip well and it gets me nowhere with these ****ers.
Agreed completely. I only used it when I was too sick to go get food and it wasn’t a great experience then.

It works for pizza places because the food holds up decently, they keep it in those thermal things, and it’s all being sent from one place. Door dash just doesn’t work.

Door dash just doesn’t work.
I live fairly far out in the country and figured I would never have to concern myself with that service, but I am starting to see their ad stickers on several of the area restaurants. Don’t know what they charge, but I imagine by the time you pay for the product, pay for the delivery, and add a tip, you might as well drive out to a decent restaurant and eat there.

I live fairly far out in the country and figured I would never have to concern myself with that service, but I am starting to see their ad stickers on several of the area restaurants. Don’t know what they charge, but I imagine by the time you pay for the product, pay for the delivery, and add a tip, you might as well drive out to a decent restaurant and eat there.
But then you wouldn’t get cold, half eaten food!

Reactions: greengeezer
Labor Force participation is around 62 % which is a 45 year low.

Real jncome is down nearly 4 %

The liberal controlled media is lying and covering for their buddies.

Home foreclosure are on the rise.

Many Americans are having trouble buying groceries.

There is a.shit storm brewing and much of it created by government.

Like usual, you have no fvcking idea what you're talking about. Amazon's advertising division profits billions more than its web services division.

Why do you speak of things you have no clue about, Murox the Moron?

Let me guess: you read about it on some random guy's Twitter page?

We don’t have real experts anymore. We have people who are employed and put in positions of authority because they are the kin of someone powerful, are a minority, are a member of the alphabet group.
We can disagree with Yellen for sure, but to apply this to her would not be accurate in any way.
Good, looks like I will be buying that home in Kansas super cheap. Hell, maybe I can pick up about 20 acres or so too.

Yes! Another prediction we can look forward to being completely incorrect.

Like usual, you have no fvcking idea what you're talking about. Amazon's advertising division profits billions more than its web services division.

Why do you speak of things you have no clue about, Murox the Moron?

Let me guess: you read about it on some random guy's Twitter page?

Hangs on every single character I type but avoids the threads where he can't back up his bullshit that is easily disproven with facts.

Yes! Another prediction we can look forward to being completely incorrect.

Hangs on every single character I type but avoids the threads where he can't back up his bullshit that is easily disproven with facts.
Not avoiding anything. A report in late October showed that AWS was the only profitable division at Amazon. Post a link showing otherwise, tubby.

Not avoiding anything. A report in late October showed that AWS was the only profitable division at Amazon. Post a link showing otherwise, tubby.

This is awesome. Where, in any way, does your tweet support that AWS "was the only profitable division at Amazon"?

Are you purposely pretending to be stupid or do you really think either of those tweets has anything to do with your bullshit claim?

Remember, your claim was that "Without its web services division, Amazon doesn't make money." Do you realize that neither of what you posted proves that claim in any way? Let's give you a third try.

Are you purposely pretending to be stupid or do you really think either of those tweets has anything to do with your bullshit claim?

Remember, your claim was that "Without its web services division, Amazon doesn't make money." Do you realize that neither of what you posted proves that claim in any way? Let's give you a third try.
It’s all diversion and semantics with you. Just like you getting called out about calling blinds “blinders,” or claiming “G Wagon” is the correct nomenclature. People just get tired of arguing with you about nonsense. Luckily I’m still here watching this “excavator driver” tear houses down for me so I can continue to gentrify people who wear Gucci onesies out of housing.

Amazon has a negative profit margin outside of AWS. You claimed their advertising division profits billions more than AWS. Either provide a source showing you are right or take the L.

Carvana: Here, hold our beer.
Gee, I didn't point this out more than 1.5 years ago or anything:

Was in Cabo for a beach lunch with a billionaire and his son (chairman and vice chairman of their companies) a couple of weeks ago. One of their sort-of competitors in one of their industries is the guy who owns Carvana, who just became the wealthiest person in Arizona. His dad is a convicted felon and is the one who basically built the company and did the financing.

They were telling me of a twisted business model Carvana is running with the bank now backing them. As a result, they are paying significantly more money for trade-ins or outright buying used cars from people for well over book.

You can go to the Carvana site, enter your vehicle’s VIN and other info, and get your guaranteed (assuming you don’t lie) offer. They’re paying thousands more than your vehicle is worth.

Amazon has a negative profit margin outside of AWS. You claimed their advertising division profits billions more than AWS. Either provide a source showing you are right or take the L.
"In 2021 Amazon collected $31.16 billion in advertising revenue from sellers on its platform, which was a 32% increase over 2020. This makes Amazon the third largest digital advertising platform in North America, behind Google and Facebook. For comparison, Amazon Web Services (AWS), long thought to be Amazon’s most lucrative business, generated $62.2 billion in revenue in 2021. AWS is one of Amazon’s most capital-intensive offerings, consuming more than half of their capital expenditure budget, and yielding only $18.5 billion in operating income. While Amazon did not disclose the operating income generated from their ad business, it is almost certainly bigger than the income generated by AWS, making the advertising business the most profitable segment of Amazons entire empire."

Not only are you not very bright, but you're so dumb that you don't realize just how dumb you are. It results in you thinking you're intelligent, constantly run your mouth about things you're clueless about, and then never learn.

"In 2021 Amazon collected $31.16 billion in advertising revenue from sellers on its platform, which was a 32% increase over 2020. This makes Amazon the third largest digital advertising platform in North America, behind Google and Facebook. For comparison, Amazon Web Services (AWS), long thought to be Amazon’s most lucrative business, generated $62.2 billion in revenue in 2021. AWS is one of Amazon’s most capital-intensive offerings, consuming more than half of their capital expenditure budget, and yielding only $18.5 billion in operating income. While Amazon did not disclose the operating income generated from their ad business, it is almost certainly bigger than the income generated by AWS, making the advertising business the most profitable segment of Amazons entire empire."

Not only are you not very bright, but you're so dumb that you don't realize just how dumb you are. It results in you thinking you're intelligent, constantly run your mouth about things you're clueless about, and then never learn.
Your proof is a nearly-year old article that says "it's almost certainly bigger..." while saying the actual number hasn't been disclosed? You said their ad division brings in BILLIONS more than AWS. The numbers I gave you are a month old.

You are truly retarded.

Your proof is a nearly-year old article that says "it's almost certainly bigger..." while saying the actual number hasn't been disclosed? You said their ad division brings in BILLIONS more than AWS. The numbers I gave you are a month old.

You are truly retarded.
Moron, you said: "A report in late October showed that AWS was the only profitable division at Amazon."

My article shows that not only is Amazon's advertising division profitable (which on its own blows your argument away), but it is almost certainly the most profitable division. Even forget about the second part of that statement. The first part on its own blows your claim to pieces.

My god, how stupid can you really want to look?

Moron, you said: "A report in late October showed that AWS was the only profitable division at Amazon."

My article shows that not only is Amazon's advertising division profitable (which on its own blows your argument away), but it is almost certainly the most profitable division. Even forget about the second part of that statement. The first part on its own blows your claim to pieces.

My god, how stupid can you really want to look?
The numbers from your article are from Q4 2021. AWS had revenue of $62B while Amazon ad revenue was half that at $31B.

I understand you desperately need a win right now, but this isn't it. Back to security guarding.

The numbers from your article are from Q4 2021. AWS had revenue of $62B while Amazon ad revenue was half that at $31B.

I understand you desperately need a win right now, but this isn't it. Back to security guarding.
Now, read the other parts of the article, Murox the Moron:

"AWS is one of Amazon’s most capital-intensive offerings, consuming more than half of their capital expenditure budget, and yielding only $18.5 billion in operating income."

What does that mean? It means that AWS brings in a lot of revenue, but the profit margins are squeezed since it 1) is "Amazon's most capital intensive . . . consuming more than half of their capital expenditure budget" and 2) yields only $18.5 billion in income.

Basic math shows you that $62 billion in revenue while earning $18.5 billion in income means its expenditures are $43.5 billion.

Compare that with advertising which brings in revenue of $31.5 billion with nowhere near the same expenditures as AWS, which means it is extremely profitable.

So tell us, Murox the Moron, how is AWS the only profitable division (like you tried perpetuating) if advertising profits tens of billions?

DOH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT