ADVERTISEMENT

This would be great!

Some of the young talent Mike & Donnie Walsh put in place in NY that they traded away to get Melo are still there (Mosgov, Gallinari, & Wilson Chandler). Throw in guys like Farried, Afflalo, Lawson, & Foye and he would have a roster of guys who fit. He could install the system this year because it's a throw away year anyway at this point and bring in some of "his guys" next year. Denver would be perfect. Imagine going to the high Denver altitude & having to play against that run-n-gun style of play.

Mike's problem in NY & LA weren't the egos of Kobe & Melo. It didn't work because those guys don't move the ball and aren't going to buy in to a system that takes the ball out of their hands (Jordan, Bird, & LeBron wouldn't buy in either). A place like Denver, a small market like Pheonix where the fan base knows you have to play a quirky style to win because they know they won't attract A-list free agents, is where Mike needs to coach. It can work in those locations.

As a Lakers fan I hated when Mike was hired as the head coach. I don't think he will ever be a "successful" coach in the NBA. And by successful i mean a coach that can take a team deep into the playoffs. his teams don't play defense, and that is key to winning an NBA championship. The fact he never got to the Finals with the team he had in Phoenix is remarkable. I just never thought he was that good of a coach.

reds you are welcome to your opinion but I think MD is a great coach. He took over the Suns, a small market team and was close to making it to the finals. In NY he took over one of the worst teams and had them turned around until the owners traded away his team for Melo( hows that working out Knicks?) The Lakers was not a good fit and the owners and fan base are delusional thinking this is an elite team that just needs Phil Jackson yada yada. Lakers have made many mistakes and is a train wreck regardless of who the coach is. However, I do say they will rebound at some point. Denver has some of his former Knick's and this would be a good fit.Mike thrives in situations where he can get a certain type of player who will play within his system. I would add that he has had a HUGE influence on how the game is now being played in the NBA.

Maybe I should have stated that differently. He has been a good coach. I don't think he has what it takes to be an elite coach in the NBA. And I agree, the Lakers are a dumpster fire.

maybe you don't remember but the suns were just seconds away from forcing game seven in Phoenix when Steve Nash was knocked into the bench by a member of the Spurs. Unfortunately Amare Stoudemire took 1 step onto the court and was suspended for game 7.. of course the Spurs went on to win game 7 and ultimately the NBA championship.. this was a big screw job by the NBA and should have been a Phoenix championship..

A players ego is what keeps him from buying into a system.Kinda made me think of jim donnan. You think he ever ask his team if they liked how he got things done. Hell no. Talk about the dumpster fire in LA cleveland is playing with matches.Best player in the leauge today "lebron is hurt" is Anthony Davis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT