ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday at the Cam (2-22-18)

NT got beat.
NT is no factor, The only team we are concerning with is UTSA. They held on and won over La Tech. We need a Herd win Thursday in B'ham and a UTSA loss in Denton. That would clinch the bye. Otherwise we would need a win in Murfreesboro Saturday on Senior Day

I'd say NT will win against UTSA if it's in Denton. Prolly Senior day for them.

I think we can beat UAB but we'll have to hit the shots and rebound better. Prolly their senior day as well.

I don't have much hope beating MT down there. That would be quite impressive if we did.

I'd say NT will win against UTSA if it's in Denton. Prolly Senior day for them.

I think we can beat UAB but we'll have to hit the shots and rebound better. Prolly their senior day as well.

I don't have much hope beating MT down there. That would be quite impressive if we did.
The UNT/UTSA game is Thursday night, Thus it is NOT senior night. The Mean Green won in San Antonio by 1 in the previous meeting. The past 2-3 games they have not played well. We need a Herd win in Bama and a UTSA loss. Otherwise we must win in Murfreesboro on Saturday.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The UNT/UTSA game is Thursday night, Thus it is NOT senior night. The Mean Green won in San Antonio by 1 in the previous meeting. The past 2-3 games they have not played well. We need a Herd win in Bama and a UTSA loss. Otherwise we must win in Murfreesboro on Saturday.

OK. I don't follow NT, was just assuming being this late in the year.

Sorry Zilla. Attendance certainly has picked up from the last year or two of Herrion's years. But with over 3,000 empty seats per home game there is a lot of room for improvement. Average game attendance might actually be slightly less than last season. Still work to do in terms of crowd growth but agree of your overall assessment of Danny's tenure at MU. GO HERD!

Have you ever sat in the top of The Cam?
HOT as "what HELL is suppose to be." If the Cam were The JOAN....$$$$ would have been located to upgrade the AC in the aging facility....opened November 27, 1981 when ARMY played The HERD. It was designed to seat 14,000----BUT BUDGET CUTS made it a finished seating product of 10,250. It has been upgraded "some" and now seats 9,048. I, for one, would like to see it knocked down and start all over with a new arena sitting on its location.

Just my opinion......HerdZilla22

Reactions: tradebait
Have you ever sat in the top of The Cam? HOT as "what HELL is suppose to be." If the Cam were The JOAN....$$$$ would have been located to upgrade the AC in the aging facility....opened November 27, 1981 when ARMY played The HERD. It was designed to seat 14,000----BUT BUDGET CUTS made it a finished seating product of 10,250. It has been upgraded "some" and now seats 9,048. I, for one, would like to see it knocked down and start all over with a new arena sitting on its location.

Guess you didn't get the memo, Zilla, but one of the first things Hamrick did at the CAM after DD's hire was to have work done on the ventilation system there, new fans, perhaps, and rework some circulation issues. Not nearly as bad as it use to be. Besides, we haven't hit anywhere close to a sellout or the 9,000 capacity since the early Herrion days or the Jones era when Memphis and Calipari came to town and later when DJ returned with the FUC nights.

Want a new arena, Zilla? "No Problemo", my man. Just whip out your checkbook or the drastic plastic and send about $90 million to Hamrick or Pres. Gilbert (I'm sure they won't quibble and will make haste in getting you and Danny a new playpen!!).:p

FYI, for a good reference on the cost of such a project, you can log on to www.jmu.edu and check out the slick video presentation on the planned new Convo Center at Madison. The Dukes plan on breaking ground on the $85 million, 8500 seat facility this year and it will be used for basketball and other major school events, concerts, etc. A similar such project would be ideal for MU and H-town, IMO

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT