ADVERTISEMENT

Time to settle down please...

TheGreenhouseEffect

Silver Buffalo
Aug 17, 2012
SilverCometTrail
yes the season was a train wreck , yet many other schools had them too. Michigan State , ND , Oregon .

It's okay to be upset as it shows you care about Marshall Football but it's recruiting season and all the negative energy on the board isn't going to help matters.

In the next few weeks I'm sure we will see movement to address some of our issues. In the meantime , maybe less is more? Marshall pride will carry us forth.

If I was an athlete being recruited I would definitely read the message boards. Not that it would be a deciding factor, but if it was all negative toward the coaching staff I would take a hard look. It would be tough to come to a school and have the staff that wanted you be fired. You have to start all over again.

Sorry Greenhouse. What you posted may be correct. However, now is the time for ACTION on the part of the Marshall athletic administration. Change is never easy. Yep could affect recruiting. But what we see on the field at the Joan is what we get and being saddled by a horrific coaching staff would affect recruiting more than we the disgruntled fans who have to pay. So if you want to settle down so be it. Many of us want to see a change and to do that we keep the pressure on by any means possible.
Kind of like Trump tweeting about how the election was still unfair because he did not win the popular vote and is the President elect.

Never stopped us before
Marine)03, in all seriousness what is going on here. Don't get me wrong ECU didn't have a banner season with a coaching change,but just thought you guys would be dominating C-USA.

Marine)03, in all seriousness what is going on here. Don't get me wrong ECU didn't have a banner season with a coaching change,but just thought you guys would be dominating C-USA.

Poor coaching
Bad recruiting-attrition
Players with me first attitudes
Need to clean house

Reactions: ecu4
Poor coaching
Bad recruiting-attrition
Players with me first attitudes
Need to clean house
Gotcha, we going through some of that now with our first year coach, in a different way. Guys used to the other system, different disciplinary standards,different expectations, etc. The pains of starting over are tough, but some times it has to be done. Hang in there it's all we can do.

Reactions: Marine03
I agree with some of what you say, however all those schools you listed are in the Big conferences (save ND since they are technically still independent sorta) and have much deeper pockets than ours. I'm not saying fire Doc. I honestly don't want that. I don't want to see Heater gone, either. Legg should have had his stuff packed in garbage bags and boxes by Litton (I don't know if he takes another snap here) before the first half was over. We also really need a young guy to dedicate all his time as a qb coach whose name isn't Chad Pennington.

Reactions: pdbailey
Those schools you mentioned also had MUCH tougher strength of schedules than we did. They didn't lose to teams like Charlotte and North Texas. Frankly, it's our strength of schedule that's helped us have great seasons of late. Problem is, now we're not even beating the crappy teams we have been.

We put 6 points on the 88th ranked pass defense in the country (Western Kentucky). I don't post often, but there's a problem, and it needs addressed. I have no idea what the answer is, but trying to say there isn't an issue is a head in the sand approach that we can't take.

I agree with some of what you say, however all those schools you listed are in the Big conferences (save ND since they are technically still independent sorta) and have much deeper pockets than ours. I'm not saying fire Doc. I honestly don't want that. I don't want to see Heater gone, either. Legg should have had his stuff packed in garbage bags and boxes by Litton (I don't know if he takes another snap here) before the first half was over. We also really need a young guy to dedicate all his time as a qb coach whose name isn't Chad Pennington.

Press Taylor!!!

Reactions: HubbMU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT