ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wants you to get a booster

I've thought about getting one just to brag about it, but this isn't good.

If I'm around in 2024 I just have to know that I'm voting for a turncoat, but it's the best we can do. There's nobody to do this president's job. Biden is blowing it now. Trump already blew it once.

This is like choosing between John Cooper and Don Nehlen.

It’s crazy how much variation there is person to person.

That has been one of the most troubling aspects of Covid in my mind from early in the game. I "had" it but never tested positive last January. Glad you and your mom are doing better now.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
His base isn’t all taking it well though.

Wait a minute. I'm somewhat confused by all this. I have been told for 5 years that Trump supporters when mindless individuals who did and followed everything that he said. Now you are saying his base actually can challenge him on an issue...

That has been one of the most troubling aspects of Covid in my mind from early in the game. I "had" it but never tested positive last January. Glad you and your mom are doing better now.
I had a friend that was in good shape with no underlying conditions that died of Covid after over a month in the hospital. I also recently was stopped by my neighbor that told me him and his wife both had Covid and she past away. The day after he told me that I drove by his house and he had all of her stuff at the curb for the trash to pick up. I wasn’t sure if I should have felt sad, or impressed.

I still think it's fake.

The only one in America, in the world. Walked among the ghost town when it came out. Ate out of trash cans. Drove the empty roads. I'm messed up in the head real bad from what it did to society, but I haven't caught so much as a sniffle since it came out.

Wait a minute. I'm somewhat confused by all this. I have been told for 5 years that Trump supporters when mindless individuals who did and followed everything that he said. Now you are saying his base actually can challenge him on an issue...
Yes, they’ve certainly out-dumbed the old fox this time.

Reactions: Chevy1 and GK4Herd
A lot of the info is preliminary, but from what I’m reading the booster raises the effectiveness against Omicron to somewhere between 70% to 85% depending on the study. But the craziest number I’ve seen come down the pike is that Omicron went from 3% of the total cases to 73% of the total cases in the last week. That‘s crazy fast.

Much of the early data is also suggesting Omicron symptoms are milder than Delta, but I think the fear is how outrageously transmissible the strain is. Even if it results in only half the serious cases as Delta, but is five times more contagious, it still has the potential to kill at a higher rate than Delta. I hope that doesn’t end up being the case.

But I think the most important thing is where the rubber meets the road…the actual hospitalizations and deaths. Right now the overwhelming majority of hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated. If you aren’t vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you are vaccinated and un-boostered, get the booster.

it still has the potential to kill at a higher rate than Delta. I hope that doesn’t end up being the case.

That's good, because you should hear the people on the radio. WLW and other news stations on the hour and half hour, reporting on this kind of stuff.

You can see them smile and hear joy in their voices as they read off how many more people supposedly died of this. Every day they report on how many deaths there were in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. With glee. They sound like kids in a candy store on it.

Then they go on and try to hold back their laughter as they report about some guy crashing his car into a pole somewhere. "Suspected intoxication" they say. But they're bloodthirsty as hell on there.

That's good, because you should hear the people on the radio. WLW and other news stations on the hour and half hour, reporting on this kind of stuff.

You can see them smile and hear joy in their voices as they read off how many more people supposedly died of this. Every day they report on how many deaths there were in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. With glee. They sound like kids in a candy store on it.

Then they go on and try to hold back their laughter as they report about some guy crashing his car into a pole somewhere. "Suspected intoxication" they say. But they're bloodthirsty as hell on there.
We really need to remove the emotional and political aspect of this when making our own personal decisions about vaccination. Those people you’re talking about who are taking enjoyment or a sense of schadenfreude from other people’s death is wrong. But that doesn’t change the fact that you increase your chances of not not being hospitalized or dying if you’re vaccinated and more so if you have the booster. Go get the booster if you haven’t. It’s safe and it works.

🥱 More revisionist history...

It sounds like he’s saying the vaccine works, but if you want to be a dumbass and not get vaccinated that’s your right. Pretty smart. He’s appealing to the middle while still pandering to the dumbass part of his base. And if 2016 and 2020 taught us anything is that’s there’s certainly a lot of dumbasses out there.

No. No one remembers that because it's not true.
Oh it’s definitely true. Democrats got themselves all worked up thinking Trump would push the FDA to approve a vaccine before it was really studied enough to score points before the election.

Trump blew it with the masks. This is no way to live.

If I have to have shots all the time, wear masks and bunker down and hide every five minutes for something then I'd rather just get whatever it is and die. This is not a life anymore.

I get out and do stuff or whatever, but this is still not a life with people being this way. The whole economy, every scheduled thing we have, all our institutions, sports, school, probably church, whatever you depend on, is on extremely shaky ground over this kind of stuff.

Just no good. Won't be good until we just face it and take whatever comes. If I'm not strong enough to survive this thing, that's just the way it is.

Oh it’s definitely true. Democrats got themselves all worked up thinking Trump would push the FDA to approve a vaccine before it was really studied enough to score points before the election.
No, they were not skeptical of the vaccine. They were skeptical of trump. And with good reason after 30,000 lies. Proof of this is that a much larger percentage of Democrats then, and now, are receiving the vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chevy1
No, they were not skeptical of the vaccine. They were skeptical of trump. And with good reason after 30,000 lies. Proof of this is that a much larger percentage of Democrats received then, and now, are receiving the vaccine.
Why do you do this to yourself? You have to know that there are tons of tweets from Democrats and the left expressing worry about the vaccine if they FDA approved it quickly under trump. I know you’ve seen them. Why open yourself up for that?

You can check out any time you like. eeyore.

I know.

This is good, because it makes me think about very disturbing stuff. See, I will say that the reason I don't do it is that other people wouldn't like it or that these other people have put so much work into keeping me alive, invested in me, etc.

It's just me using all them to stay alive. My stupid life force instinct. Logically, I know that it's way over with now. Did what I wanted. The best deal would be checking out. But the life force.

This is what I really fight with every day, wondering why, how, when and if to do it.

A lot of the info is preliminary, but from what I’m reading the booster raises the effectiveness against Omicron to somewhere between 70% to 85% depending on the study. But the craziest number I’ve seen come down the pike is that Omicron went from 3% of the total cases to 73% of the total cases in the last week. That‘s crazy fast.

Much of the early data is also suggesting Omicron symptoms are milder than Delta, but I think the fear is how outrageously transmissible the strain is. Even if it results in only half the serious cases as Delta, but is five times more contagious, it still has the potential to kill at a higher rate than Delta. I hope that doesn’t end up being the case.

But I think the most important thing is where the rubber meets the road…the actual hospitalizations and deaths. Right now the overwhelming majority of hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated. If you aren’t vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you are vaccinated and un-boostered, get the booster.

I think that % for omicron being reported might be too high (right now). It’ll get there eventually though I bet.

im pro booster too (for vast majority of people, especially over age 30). If you’re a male 16-40 I favor Pfizer for the booster.

Last edited:
I got the booster on Saturday, and have felt like shit ever since. Lymph nodes under my armpit (shot arm side) swelled up overnight, and are still swollen, and feel as though I could take my last breath any minute. Will definitely be the last covid shot I ever get. Would have preferred to get the virus over the way I've felt the last few days.

Damn, I'm going to ask Rihanna if she wants me to kill myself. She could be a coach on it. I didn't know scientology was into that stuff. I may have to get back in.

As far as the shot though, I'm leaning no on it. It is protein and steroids, which causes slight weight gain. I would still like the number on the scale to be as low as I can get it, even in this futile effort now. I'd rather be 299.9 pounds than 300.0.

I got the booster on Saturday, and have felt like shit ever since. Lymph nodes under my armpit (shot arm side) swelled up overnight, and are still swollen, and feel as though I could take my last breath any minute. Will definitely be the last covid shot I ever get. Would have preferred to get the virus over the way I've felt the last few days.
I had zero issues the next day. My wife felt a little tired but was fine by the end of the day. My daughter felt pretty sick for a day with swollen lymph nodes. The day after she was fine.

I had zero issues the next day. My wife felt a little tired but was fine by the end of the day. My daughter felt pretty sick for a day with swollen lymph nodes. The day after she was fine.
I had an MRI on my shoulder about a week after my booster. It was noted on the printout I received. Kind of cool that an MRI gets that in depth.

Reactions: GK4Herd
I think that % for omicron being reported might be too high (right now). It’ll get there eventually though I bet.

im pro booster too (for vast majority of people, especially over age 30). If you’re a maage 16-40 I favor Pfizer for the booster.

Thanks for the link. I haven’t seen that yet. Bottom line is even though the numbers were misinterpreted, it leaves no doubt that Omicron will be dominant variant in short order. From your link…

1. Omicron really is growing explosively, and almost certainly will dominate the entire USA pretty soon. It is probably already dominant in certain areas, like New York and New Jersey, Florida, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, which are seeing explosive growth in overall case numbers. This algorithm bug and media frenzy have jumped the gun, but in the long run, they are just a blip. The overall story on Omicron is still that it’s growing explosively, will take over, and should be an imminent object of concern.

The bad part about these things are the people that will use this to discredit the CDC although they never released the information. Although the percentage might be premature, we should draw the same conclusion that’s being hinted at…that the Omicron variant is way more contagious than its predecessors .

Things like this reporting (the 73% number) become part and parcel to what anti-vaxxers cling to when discrediting the vaccine or use to diminish the potential threat. This is simply science and reporting happening in real time. And it’s sad if people use this to diminish any potential threat because there are people who are getting sicker than they need to with many dying. This is why I always ask for your clarification on your posts because you sit in a unique position…you are a doctor that has a high level of credibility on this board.

And although you are pro vaccine and from what you stated believe that masks are somewhat effective if they are the proper ones, (Surgical masks>cloth masks>gaiters>no mask) there are those who could potentially use things you say as validation of a view you don’t hold. Vaccines work. They greatly improve your chances of severe and mortal cases. I appreciate you stating your pro vaccine stance. I believe it helps.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Got the COVID booster with zero side-effects. There was a mild reaction after the regular vaccinations - but nothing to whine about.

Now, that shingles vaccine put me on my ass for about 12-18 hours....the COVID vaccinations weren't even close.

We really need to remove the emotional and political aspect of this when making our own personal decisions about vaccination. Those people you’re talking about who are taking enjoyment or a sense of schadenfreude from other people’s death is wrong. But that doesn’t change the fact that you increase your chances of not not being hospitalized or dying if you’re vaccinated and more so if you have the booster. Go get the booster if you haven’t. It’s safe and it “works.”
FIFY

It was skepticism regarding trump. Why do you ignore the facts? He had already admitted to applying pressure on the FDA to approve hydroxychloroquine.
Starts at about 1:40....the issue was always "should I believe a pathological liar?"

Reactions: extragreen
Thanks for the link. I haven’t seen that yet. Bottom line is even though the numbers were misinterpreted, it leaves no doubt that Omicron will be dominant variant in short order. From your link…

1. Omicron really is growing explosively, and almost certainly will dominate the entire USA pretty soon. It is probably already dominant in certain areas, like New York and New Jersey, Florida, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, which are seeing explosive growth in overall case numbers. This algorithm bug and media frenzy have jumped the gun, but in the long run, they are just a blip. The overall story on Omicron is still that it’s growing explosively, will take over, and should be an imminent object of concern.

The bad part about these things are the people that will use this to discredit the CDC although they never released the information. Although the percentage might be premature, we should draw the same conclusion that’s being hinted at…that the Omicron variant is way more contagious than its predecessors .

Things like this reporting (the 73% number) become part and parcel to what anti-vaxxers cling to when discrediting the vaccine or use to diminish the potential threat. This is simply science and reporting happening in real time. And it’s sad if people use this to diminish any potential threat because there are people who are getting sicker than they need to with many dying. This is why I always ask for your clarification on your posts because you sit in a unique position…you are a doctor that has a high level of credibility on this board.

And although you are pro vaccine and from what you stated believe that masks are somewhat effective if they are the proper ones, (Surgical masks>cloth masks>gaiters>no mask) there are those who could potentially use things you say as validation of a view you don’t hold. Vaccines work. They greatly improve your chances of severe and mortal cases. I appreciate you stating your pro vaccine stance. I believe it helps.
That’s what my parents said.

I had facial/ocular shingles in my mid 30s. I got a bad outbreak right where my chicken pox was worst as a kid. It was awful and had left me with cornea issues. I made my parents get the shingles vax after that.

EDIT - shoot, I meant to quote @Chevy1

I guess I’m lucky since I never had any real reaction to any of the shots, other than some arm soreness. And they told me it would probably be worse since I had already had Covid at that point.
I’ve never really had one with the flu shot either.

Damn people getting a cold.

Omnicron is a cold

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I guess I’m lucky since I never had any real reaction to any of the shots, other than some arm soreness. And they told me it would probably be worse since I had already had Covid at that point.
I’ve never really had one with the flu shot either.

I do really well with flu shots.

Covid shot 2 and 3 was kind of rough but not awful. I took ibuprofen and dragged my ass through a busy clinic the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT