ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wants you to get a booster

Got the COVID booster with zero side-effects. There was a mild reaction after the regular vaccinations - but nothing to whine about.

Now, that shingles vaccine put me on my ass for about 12-18 hours....the COVID vaccinations weren't even close.
Same here! All 3 Covid shots were no problem other than a sore arm. I felt like pure $hit after both shingles shots!

Damn people getting a cold.

Omnicron is a cold

That may well be true. I hope so. Still pretty early on in seeing the data.

But a small % (those needing hospitals) of a massive number of infections ends up crippling everything.

We’ll see. I’m glad to see a bigger emphasis from the left on keeping schools open as major priority. There has been a TON of learning loss and kids are sacrificing a lot.

I really hope the fda gets the Pfizer pill out quickly. That could help a lot.

Reactions: GK4Herd
That may well be true. I hope so. Still pretty early on in seeing the data.

But a small % (those needing hospitals) of a massive number of infections ends up crippling everything.

We’ll see. I’m glad to see a bigger emphasis from the left on keeping schools open as major priority. There has been a TON of learning loss and kids are sacrificing a lot.

I really hope the fda gets the Pfizer pill out quickly. That could help a lot.
I just spent parts of three days visiting in a hospital. I didn't feel threatened at all.

May get me but screw it. I am.over the shit.

All indicators say it is. Data coming out from most sourced say it is

We are reduced to that level in society now.
I hope you’re right. If you are then we’re out of this. Yeah it’ll always be around but if it’s just a cold or a little worse then that’s it, we’re done. No more masks, no more anything.

We just don’t know that yet.

Damn people getting a cold.

Omnicron is a cold

Well, just continue using this to figure out who the duped are. Anyone who believes in the stuff. That's why I'm so shocked. People I used to think were real smart bought this bunch of garbage.

It's bad. These are the people clogging up the highway with slow driving, standing all day to check out their groceries, not knowing how to use the self checkouts.

Worse yet, I have to go to hell and burn in hell just for knowing and saying all this. It makes me evil to be faster at doing stuff and knowing that this fake bird flu is fake.

I had zero issues the next day. My wife felt a little tired but was fine by the end of the day. My daughter felt pretty sick for a day with swollen lymph nodes. The day after she was fine.
If this lymph node under my armpit gets any bigger, I'm going to have to wear a bra to work tomorrow.

I do really well with flu shots.

Covid shot 2 and 3 was kind of rough but not awful. I took ibuprofen and dragged my ass through a busy clinic the next day.
Do you have any concern over repeatedly getting boosters? I’ve gotten both shots (I’m not anti-vax) but the idea of having to get boosters every six months concerns me. I know it’s a risk-mitigation decision, but I always like to ask people who actually deal with it their thoughts. The results haven’t been as lopsided as I anticipated - but they do lean pro booster

Do you have any concern over repeatedly getting boosters? I’ve gotten both shots (I’m not anti-vax) but the idea of having to get boosters every six months concerns me. I know it’s a risk-mitigation decision, but I always like to ask people who actually deal with it their thoughts. The results haven’t been as lopsided as I anticipated - but they do lean pro booster

I was initially a little skeptical but the data seem legit. Pfizer seems safer but lower dose.

I think that young healthy male demographic is the only one at this point I’m hesitant to have a strong opinion about.

If it comes to needing another shot I’ll just assess the data when it comes. At some point if youve had vax plus exposure/infection…which I think we’ll all have…you’ll have diminished returns. Unless you can get a variant- specific booster.

I listened to a Star Talk podcast yesterday while I walked with NdGT and he had a former classmate of his on talking about Omicron. The guy is president and chief scientific officer of Regeneron. This was a pretty informative episode that explained how the vaccines and treatment works. If you are inclined…

I just spent parts of three days visiting in a hospital. I didn't feel threatened at all.

May get me but screw it. I am.over the shit.

This is the thing…there’s so little about my life that I’ve really changed. Since the vaccination and now booster, I’ve traveled freely. I’ve been to two golf tournaments,concerts, sporting events, Disney World, Dollywood, and I’m planning going out west again. The mask is a little bit of a nuisance, but honestly, I forget I’m wearing it half the time. The truth of the matter is the vaccine gives me a greater sense of freedom than I’d have without it. If I have to get a booster every so often, I’ll do so without all the silliness of believing that Ive lost some kind of freedom. One visit to the DMV gives me way more of a sense of government reach than getting vaccinated has the entire year it’s been available.

This is the thing…there’s so little about my life that I’ve really changed. Since the vaccination and now booster, I’ve traveled freely. I’ve been to two golf tournaments,concerts, sporting events, Disney World, Dollywood, and I’m planning going out west again. The mask is a little bit of a nuisance, but honestly, I forget I’m wearing it half the time. The truth of the matter is the vaccine gives me a greater sense of freedom than I’d have without it. If I have to get a booster every so often, I’ll do so without all the silliness of believing that Ive lost some kind of freedom. One visit to the DMV gives me way more of a sense of government reach than getting vaccinated has the entire year it’s been available.
So you and I do mostly the same things yet I am a villain for doing so

Mask a little bit of a nuisance?

Reminds me of doctors saying I'd feel slight discomfort after a hernia operation. Yeah, an entire night of a mule kicking me in the balls was slightly uncomfortable. Just slightly though.

If people like that kind of thing, more power to them. I hate it and thank goodness I have gone many months now without wearing one anywhere.

So you and I do mostly the same things yet I am a villain for doing so
Nobody called you a villain. I’ll argue the merits of vaccinations. I’ll tell you you’re overstating the whole freedom infringement thing. But any argument you’re having with anyone calling you a villain is with the caricature that you’ve built in your head.

Now…that being said…you’ve been called an idiot. You’re not imagining. Lol.

But more importantly…how about Charlie Woods and John Daly II?

We really need to remove the emotional and political aspect of this when making our own personal decisions about vaccination. Those people you’re talking about who are taking enjoyment or a sense of schadenfreude from other people’s death is wrong. But that doesn’t change the fact that you increase your chances of not not being hospitalized or dying if you’re vaccinated and more so if you have the booster. Go get the booster if you haven’t. It’s safe and it works.

So... you say we need to remove the emotional and political aspects of the vaccine...

It sounds like he’s saying the vaccine works, but if you want to be a dumbass and not get vaccinated that’s your right. Pretty smart. He’s appealing to the middle while still pandering to the dumbass part of his base. And if 2016 and 2020 taught us anything is that’s there’s certainly a lot of dumbasses out there.

And then follow it up with an emotional and political statement about the vaccine...

Why do you do this to yourself? You have to know that there are tons of tweets from Democrats and the left expressing worry about the vaccine if they FDA approved it quickly under trump. I know you’ve seen them. Why open yourself up for that?

Remember, he plays on your team...

Nobody called you a villain. I’ll argue the merits of vaccinations. I’ll tell you you’re overstating the whole freedom infringement thing. But any argument you’re having with anyone calling you a villain is with the caricature that you’ve built in your head.

Now…that being said…you’ve been called an idiot. You’re not imagining. Lol.

But more importantly…how about Charlie Woods and John Daly II?
GK, I am not antivaccination. I don't feel it is the federal govts job to mandate it on private citizens nor business. I do feel there are very clear items of government overreach and they are going to have a hard to letting that go anytime soon or ever.

You have stated you are far left on a lot of things yet moderate on firearms so I therefore referred to you as a left-leaning moderate. I can refer to you in the future as a far-left whacko like EG if you would like me to.
You keep a lot of quotes!

Anyway, I consider myself pretty far left in general with some moderate exceptions, not moderate with some far left exceptions, but I guess it’s just semantics.

You keep a lot of quotes!

Anyway, I consider myself pretty far left in general with some moderate exceptions, not moderate with some far left exceptions, but I guess it’s just semantics.

I have been told I have a really good memory. Not photographic in any way but things trigger it and I can connect some dots. Wasn't trying to make a political statement in any way. EG just tee'd one up and I had to swing...😉

Would you rather be referred to as wrong or a left-leaning moderate? Your call...

Same here! All 3 Covid shots were no problem other than a sore arm. I felt like pure $hit after both shingles shots!
I had shingles a few years ago, fortunately it did not hit me that hard as I am still fairly young. An old fart like you might not be as lucky.

I have been told I have a really good memory. Not photographic in any way but things trigger it and I can connect some dots. Wasn't trying to make a political statement in any way. EG just tee'd one up and I had to swing...😉

Would you rather be referred to as wrong or a left-leaning moderate? Your call...
If it’s you doing the referring I’ll settle for wrong ;)

Covid shot 2 and 3 was kind of rough but not awful. I took ibuprofen and dragged my ass through a busy clinic the next day.
First two shots I had were hardly noticeable. The booster was a little different. My arm was really sore for a few days along with some flu like symptoms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT