ADVERTISEMENT

TV for Morehead?

Most Marshall home game and ALL C-USA games are streamed from the MU site

Herdmeister, have you used this? If so how is the clarity of the picture ? The quality of the broadcast ? And finally can you chromecast it to your big TV and if so does it lose much quality in the look of the picture?

I was thinking that 44.00 to get the game through end of march might be worth it.

MU TV schedule:

Nov 25 @ Ohio State - Big 10 Network
Dec 22 @ Cincinnati - CBSSN
Dec 28 @ Pitt - ACC regional sports networks (including ROOT- Pittsburgh) / ESPN3
Jan 12 ODU - BE In Sports Channel
Jan 21 WKU - ASN
Feb 11 @ WKU - Fox College Sports (coverage produced by WKU)
Feb 16 - UAB - CBSSN
Feb 18 - MTSU - ASN
Feb 25 - @ UNCC - ASN

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Herdmeister, have you used this? If so how is the clarity of the picture ? The quality of the broadcast ? And finally can you chromecast it to your big TV and if so does it lose much quality in the look of the picture?

I was thinking that 44.00 to get the game through end of march might be worth it.

I got it last year and watched. It isn't the best picture in the world but the team was fun and whatever I paid for a couple months was worth it. Since it isn't produced like a normal TV broadcast there is no way it is anywhere close. I would suggest trying it out before committing.

I wish we could do like schools in the MAC had to do and step up their game for ESPN3 quality broadcasts. I understand that is not cheap which makes it tough.

For those who haven't used it I suggest that you cancel immediately after you pay the first monthly subscription. This will give you one month of coverage. Then your card won't be automatically billed the following month when you might not use it. If you need it a second month you can renew and cancel again. When I first did it I was charged for several months I didn't use because I forgot to cancel.

I used it last year. I always just watched on my laptop. It was better from some venues than others. In most cases they use the audio from the home teams radio feed. I believe that MU uses the WMUL audio feed. I have been told that but since I'm at the games I have never seen a broadcast from Marshall. I know I saw the video people at the women's game last night. They too are streamed.

Be warned that many schools will flash a replay or advertisement after every score by their team while the live play is going on. It's mildly infuriating.

Reactions: Herdmeister

The quality is now pretty good with audio from the radio broadcast included. The Morehead St game had clarity so all-access is now worth the money due to the improved video feed.

Reactions: lexkyherdfan
The quality is now pretty good with audio from the radio broadcast included. The Morehead St game had clarity

Thanks probably will sign up. If ASN remains a partner and broadcasts in low def like last night and the feed goes out every 2 minutes it will be worth it to have a reliable feed alone.

The quality of broadcast on ASN is terrible compared to brand new BEiN.

I'm curious did anyone else see the CSN peacock during last nights meltdown part 6? Is NBC buying ASN and creating the College Sports Network?

I'm curious did anyone else see the CSN peacock during last nights meltdown part 6? Is NBC buying ASN and creating the College Sports Network?

Among the channels that carried the ASN network was Comcast Sports Network, which like NBC belongs Comcast Corporation. Apparently you were watching that channel. Nothing more, ASN is not for sale.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT